Skip to main content

Blush Combo - Sleek 'Flushed' and NYX 'Diva'

Let the updates continue....

I first mentioned this blush combination on our facebook page exactly one year ago. My my, how de blush collection has multiplied since then. At the time I was very into "berry" tone blushes and loved what they did for women of colour.

posted on our Facebook page May 23, 2012
Nyx 'Diva' and Sleek 'Flushed' (thank God for Instagram filters and effects)

Sleek blushes are infamous for their high pigmentation and relatively low cost. The only challenge is getting the products as it is a UK based company. Thankfully Essential Trends, a local supplier, has them available ever so often; and even better for me, my friend Katrina who is studying in London often hooks me up *fist pump*

NYX products are readily available in Barbados via Exotica Makeup. These cream blushes in particular are also very pigmented. The trouble some people have with them is that they are very emollient, so people with oily skin would shy away since they do not want to look like an "oil slick". Application tip: I find that applying a small amount with my figures and blending well into the skin alleviates this problem.
The method of layering a powder blush over a cream one adds longevity to the look and can provide interesting dimension to the face, depending on the colours used.

So, do I still love them?

 Sleek Blush by 3 available from Essential Trends

I now own two of Sleek's Blush by 3s (Pink Sprint and Sugar) and I love them! Check out my rave on keek. Amazing products and worth the price. I also purchased another of the NYX cream blushes in Orange but subsequently gave it to Heidi when I realised that I prefer their Stick Blush which came to market afterwards.

posted on our Facebook page August 14, 2012

So there you have it, I am very much still a fan of this blush combination and would recommended it to anyone. Just remember when working with pigmented products it's easier to add than take away. 

What are your favourite blush combinations? Let me know in the comments.

Have you seen our latest YouTube video? You don't want to miss out on the fun. Trust!

p.s. a mini giveaway will be announced soon for our blog subscribers (or is it followers? I can't keep up) so please stay connected. 

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Riley Good Genes versus Drunk Elephant T.L.C Framboos Glycolic Night Serum

If you're an avid YouTube watcher you've probably heard about these products. Both brands blew up on the skincare seen in short order as expensive, but effective. If you're like me you quickly began to wonder: which is better? Short answer: it depends.


Long answer...

I've mentioned Good Genes a few times before on the blog. This 'all-in-one lactic acid treatment' is raved about by the likes of Stephanie Nicole and Caroline Hirons.

From the box: "Deeply exfoliates the dull surface of the skin for clarity, radiance, and younger-looking skin. Visibly brightens the appearance of age spots and discolorations. Instantly plumps the look of fine lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes*

*Clinically tested and proven to significantly improve the appearance of lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes. Results obtained via profilometry analysis.

With Key Ingredients:

Purified Lactic Acid: One of the most hydrating Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs), Lactic Acid exfoliates the surface layers of t…

Summer Standouts

It feels strange to talk about beauty products with all that's going on in the Caribbean. Our neighbours are going through some seriously trying times and I implore you to give whatever you can. 🙏

I didn't even realise that this was a running theme. Last year's was especially good since it featured some of my favourite combinations. Like last year, makeup seems to have taken a backseat this Summer.


There's only one item here that surprised me...but let me not get ahead of myself.
Y'all know exfoliators are a must in my skin and body care routine so the Bath & Body Works 'Lavender & Sandalwood' Clay Body Scrub and Coco Shea 'Coconut' Richly Nourishing Body Buff (thanks to the Mistress!) should come as no real shocker. Both smell amazing; again no shocker since regular readers know I'm a firm aromatherapy believer. Visit Inyouvations in Sheraton for all your Bath & Body Works products. Continuing on the Bath & Body Works train, the…