Skip to main content

May Favourites - Foundation

Firstly, if you're not subscribed to Moden Makeup on YouTube you need to do so. Tuhnow! *taps foot* No, but seriously we're giving you information and laughs...that's a win win.
But I digress, shortly our May Favourites video will be posted and I just wanted to give you a bit more information on some of the products featured.
As the title states, this post is about the Iman Second to None Cream to Powder Foundation. I have it in the shade Earth 2.


I purchased this in Jamaica but it is available locally in Cave Shepherd and certain Harrison's locations. I'm ashamed to say, I had this product for quite a while before I tried it - #beautybloggerlife -, thus my shocking first impression video on keek. As I stated there, I am very impressed. The formula is easy to apply with your fingers or a sponge, it blends well and as the name says it dries down to a matte - not mannequin matte, a healthy looking one - powder finish. It should be mentioned that this product blends well over a silicone based primer or Milk of Magnesia; both of which add to the longevity of your look.

The product comes with a sponge in the breathable compartment

The sole issue (there was another but Heidi told me how to fix it here) I have had with this product is with the packaging. The compact is made out of plastic which isn't the most 'fall proof'. It fell off my table and the push closure broke *cue sad face*. Thankfully it's a cream so there won't be spillage but I just have to ensure that it's stored separate from other products when I travel. Yup, it's travel worthy. Especially since the coverage is so good that I don't need an additional concealer for my face. "Pack light, ohhhhhhh yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah".

I love to apply this with my fingers, just to the problem areas of my face and then blend it out with a damp brush or sponge. For it's ease of use, great colour range and superb pigment this is definitely something I would repurchase.

Have you tried any Iman foundations? What's your shade?

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Riley Good Genes versus Drunk Elephant T.L.C Framboos Glycolic Night Serum

If you're an avid YouTube watcher you've probably heard about these products. Both brands blew up on the skincare seen in short order as expensive, but effective. If you're like me you quickly began to wonder: which is better? Short answer: it depends.


Long answer...

I've mentioned Good Genes a few times before on the blog. This 'all-in-one lactic acid treatment' is raved about by the likes of Stephanie Nicole and Caroline Hirons.

From the box: "Deeply exfoliates the dull surface of the skin for clarity, radiance, and younger-looking skin. Visibly brightens the appearance of age spots and discolorations. Instantly plumps the look of fine lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes*

*Clinically tested and proven to significantly improve the appearance of lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes. Results obtained via profilometry analysis.

With Key Ingredients:

Purified Lactic Acid: One of the most hydrating Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs), Lactic Acid exfoliates the surface layers of t…

It's A Dupe!

posted on our Facebook page April 12, 2013 "DUPE ALERT: M.A.C Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Dark vs Maybelline Fit Me! in 355 Coconut. Both look the same applied to the face and are the same texture when swatched. The Mineralize Skinfinish Natural is bigger by 1 gram but the Fit Me! is significantly cheap... *ahem* more "inexpensive". There is one shade darker in the M.A.C version but 355 is the darkest shade in the Maybelline. (I'm NC50). If you go through a lot of face powder it's worth a shot - LR"
Talk about a throwback!
I watched a dupe video on YouTube recently where this comparison was mentioned and it reminded me that I had the same thought a while ago. The finish on the skin is identical. Since this original post M.A.C has changed the packaging on their Mineralize line and Maybelline has rebranded/re categorised the Fit Me! range into: Dewy/Set + Smooth and Matte + Poreless.
M.A.C says: "A slow-baked powder with 77-Mineral Complex that provid…