Skip to main content

How To: Navigate A Blog Sale


We're having our second blog sale this Saturday and I wanted to share some pointers that will hopefully allow you to make the most of it. Blog sales are huge in the YouTube beauty community because make-up lovers have the chance to purchase products they were lusting after or just wanted to try, for a fraction of the original price. Items in blog sales are either never used, only swatched or slightly used. (All used items will be sanitized but we always encourage to re-sanitize them for your peace of mind). Usually this is all an online transaction but Moden Makeup is bringing this experience to you in person. This time we're teaming up with Miss B's Beauty so customers have even more options. 

Here's how I would capitalise at a blog sale:

1. Get there early.
Stock is usually limited.

2. Have an idea of the kind of items you're looking for
Best not to walk in blind. For instance, if nail polish is your weakness check those out first. This tip would help especially if you've set a budget for this spending expedition. 
Speaking of nail polish, check out my keek where I show some of the polishes that will be on sale. Spend $40 in nail polish to receive a free mini CND Solar Oil (while supplies last).

Google image

3. Look for rarity.
The internet has spoiled us (damn you Sephora!) and sadly many brands aren't available in Barbados. Couple that with the high import duties and we're in make-up depression. Discontinued, limited edition and items from normally inaccessible brands tend to pop up at blog sales. For example, one of my favourite brands is Laura Mercier. If this was sold in Barbados...I don't even wanna finish the thought.

This 1 oz primer is $19.50 USD from Sephora. I'm selling it for $45 BDS (new)
Image from Sephora.com

4. Bundle and save.
I'm sure most people wouldn't mind knocking a couple dollars off if they see you going h.a.m at their sale. I know I won't.

See you on Saturday!  


Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Riley Good Genes versus Drunk Elephant T.L.C Framboos Glycolic Night Serum

If you're an avid YouTube watcher you've probably heard about these products. Both brands blew up on the skincare seen in short order as expensive, but effective. If you're like me you quickly began to wonder: which is better? Short answer: it depends.


Long answer...

I've mentioned Good Genes a few times before on the blog. This 'all-in-one lactic acid treatment' is raved about by the likes of Stephanie Nicole and Caroline Hirons.

From the box: "Deeply exfoliates the dull surface of the skin for clarity, radiance, and younger-looking skin. Visibly brightens the appearance of age spots and discolorations. Instantly plumps the look of fine lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes*

*Clinically tested and proven to significantly improve the appearance of lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes. Results obtained via profilometry analysis.

With Key Ingredients:

Purified Lactic Acid: One of the most hydrating Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs), Lactic Acid exfoliates the surface layers of t…

Top Ten Sephora VIB Sale Recommendations

It's that time again. I'm not sure of the dates as yet but one major thing has changed: Sephora no longer ships to commercial addresses 😡I discovered this recently after two of my orders were cancelled. Their customer service said it is something they were cracking down on since late July. Stupse. Sephora clearly ain't care about those of us who have to use mail forwarders. Soooooo yeah...less hauls for me in the future which I am annoyed about. More money for Beautylish den *insert Kanye shrug*

Regular readers have seen my wish list posts every time the sale is approaching. I love watching these types of videos on YouTube so I always want to throw my hat in the ring. There are a couple recommendation posts on this blog as well but this year I wanted to narrow it down to my top ten. Now, of course they're plenty favourites I'd like to mention but in efforts to make this concise...

please click all links provided for more information

Sunday Riley Good Genes


After con…