Skip to main content

Would I Repurchase? Milani Baked Blush

If you're familiar with our facebook page you already know the answer to this...of course! We've let you know about this product from when I first discovered it in Carlton & A1 supermarket down to every time we see the shelves restocked in Diamond Girl, Caribbean Queen, #1 Beauty Supply...allodem.

posted on our Facebook page June 22, 2012


Milani is one 'low end' brand that had has consistently improved its products and marketing. They are raved about on YouTube now and for good reason. These blushes heralded the beginning of my love interest with Milani; I'm always looking to see what new products will be released.

posted August 14, 2012

Carlton's price of $20.95 was too steep for me but when Diamond Girl brought theirs for $14.99, I was allllllll ova dat!

posted September 7, 2012

At the time I posted the last picture, 'Red Vino' was my favourite (and coincidentally the hardest one to find). 'Coralina' was my least favourite due to the silver shimmer - it's still a beautiful blush mind you. The more I played with these products the more I grew to appreciate them. They give the face that extra umph! that it needs after foundation takes all the dimension away. Due to their sheen, highlighter is optional. That's perfect for those times when you are in a hurry; you get the benefits of looking like you did a lot without the hassle of using a gazillion products.

posted September 24, 2012

"DUPE ALERT: Didn't get your hands on M.A.C's Stratus mineralized blush (limited edition)? Fear not! Milani's baked blush in 07 Fantastico Mauve gives you the same look for half the price. (.3 grams more product too)"

At this point, I was head over heels! I already knew they were great but then to discover first hand that they were dupes for M.A.C Mineralized blushes? *swoon*

What more can I say? Oh, I'm still lusting after Luminoso....but I have more than enough blushes. Right?

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Riley Good Genes versus Drunk Elephant T.L.C Framboos Glycolic Night Serum

If you're an avid YouTube watcher you've probably heard about these products. Both brands blew up on the skincare seen in short order as expensive, but effective. If you're like me you quickly began to wonder: which is better? Short answer: it depends.


Long answer...

I've mentioned Good Genes a few times before on the blog. This 'all-in-one lactic acid treatment' is raved about by the likes of Stephanie Nicole and Caroline Hirons.

From the box: "Deeply exfoliates the dull surface of the skin for clarity, radiance, and younger-looking skin. Visibly brightens the appearance of age spots and discolorations. Instantly plumps the look of fine lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes*

*Clinically tested and proven to significantly improve the appearance of lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes. Results obtained via profilometry analysis.

With Key Ingredients:

Purified Lactic Acid: One of the most hydrating Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs), Lactic Acid exfoliates the surface layers of t…

It's A Dupe!

posted on our Facebook page April 12, 2013 "DUPE ALERT: M.A.C Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Dark vs Maybelline Fit Me! in 355 Coconut. Both look the same applied to the face and are the same texture when swatched. The Mineralize Skinfinish Natural is bigger by 1 gram but the Fit Me! is significantly cheap... *ahem* more "inexpensive". There is one shade darker in the M.A.C version but 355 is the darkest shade in the Maybelline. (I'm NC50). If you go through a lot of face powder it's worth a shot - LR"
Talk about a throwback!
I watched a dupe video on YouTube recently where this comparison was mentioned and it reminded me that I had the same thought a while ago. The finish on the skin is identical. Since this original post M.A.C has changed the packaging on their Mineralize line and Maybelline has rebranded/re categorised the Fit Me! range into: Dewy/Set + Smooth and Matte + Poreless.
M.A.C says: "A slow-baked powder with 77-Mineral Complex that provid…