Tuesday, 16 July 2013

Would I Repurchase? Lancome Visionnaire vs. Clinique Even Better Clinical Dark Spot Corrector

A Two'fer!

Of the products mentioned I purchased the Clinique first. The 1 oz bottle retails for $129.99 local price. I wasn't expecting miracles immediately because, as with all skincare, it takes consistent use and time to see results. The Clinique rep at the Cave Shepherd, Broad Street counter told me it would take "about four bottles" to see results. At that price?!

posted October 10, 2012

"Today on See Dis And Leff It: a bitter pill for me to swallow, Clinique's Even Better Dark Spot Corrector. Some reviews I have seen said this does work over time. Other people said it caused them to break out. Personally, I've had better results with a good cleanser, chemical peels and face friendly sunblock"

I used the entire 1 oz and even bought  the 1.7 oz to give it a fair assessment. I feel this would suit dry skin types better due to it's serum like qualities. That consistency and Barbados' heat do not add up. I have resolved to use this product when my skin is dehydrated.

Then I discovered Visionnaire from a Beauty Blogger on YouTube

Instagram filters tuh de werl!

Initially I was wowed by its lightweight formula and shocked by the price - $199.99 for 1 oz. Cawww mawww! Still I got the bigger 1.7 oz size ($249.99 *cringe*) a few months later to once again give the product a fair try. 

posted February 2, 2013
It made it to my February favourites. 

posted April 16, 2013

"Both products claim to be all round skin transformers. Both claim to have in some revolutionary ingredient (for Lancome it's LR 2412, while Clinique's is CL - 302).
DISCLAIMER: Both products have been used in conjunction with regular exfoliation. Increasing your skin cell turn over while protecting your existing hyper pigmentation from getting darker with sunscreen is the only thing that truly gets rid of post acne marks.
Texture: the Lancome has a lighter consistency and pearlescent colour. The Clinique is more like a cream coloured serum.
Scent: Visionnaire definitely has some perfume in it. The Clinique product smells more medicinal. If you are sensitive to scents though neither will please you.
Availability: readily accessible in Barbados at Cave Shepherd locations (both products) as well as Estee Lauder in Limegrove and Harrison's locations (just the Clinique).
Results: Upon purchasing the dark spot corrector, I was informed that I would have to use approx. 4 bottles to see results. (Of course the packaging claims that you start to see results in 4 weeks). After 1 and a half bottles I didn't see anything but more so I felt the thicker consistency, my oily skin and the heat in Barbados wasn't adding up. NB, I only use it now if the combination of acne products leaves my skin dehydrated.
While I do not like the fact that the Visionnaire has in perfume, or that it's more expensive, I have noticed the post acne hyper pigmentation on my face fading after using 1 bottle."

That mouth full summed it up. I do not like the price of Visionnaire but I would repurchase that over the Dark Spot Corrector. 
How you do deal with post acne hyper-pigmentation?

Don't forget to check out our blog sale next weekend.