Skip to main content

Current Top Five Lipsticks

I just re-watched Heidi's and I video on this topic posted in May, I'm still laughing.
I should have prefaced it by saying I barely wear lipstick. In the video I listed merely one product that is an actual lipstick; I mostly just can't be bothered. I'm not the "touch up" kindda girl so anything low maintenance gets my attention. If you're a lippie fan you know that bright colours need attention, especially if you're going to be eating and drinking. That said, when Heidi posted her recent video on her favourite purple, pink and red lipsticks I thought it was time to update you on mine.

Favourite red: MAC 'Deeply Adored' from the Marilyn Monroe Collection

MAC can only catch my attention now with special packaging

The only thing I can say it that it makes me feel grown. I love blue based reds, as you can see from the photo above, and this one has just the right tone and formula. Amazing.

Favourite pink: Wet n' Wild 'Cherry Picking'

Available in iMart stores
MAC 'Lickable', Milani 'Flirty Fushia', Revlon 'Cherries In The Snow', Wet n' Wild 'Cherry Picking', Jolie Cosmetics 'Matte Raspberry' and MAC 'Candy Yum-Yum'

'Cherry Picking' is stoooopidly pigmented. To the point where I do not swipe it across my lips, I merely tab it on. Fushia heaven. Honourable mention goes out to 'Matte Raspberry' from Jolie Cosmetics. A great option for someone not quite looking for a red but still wanting some drama.

Favourite purple: Maybelline ColorSensational Vivids in 'Brazen Berry'


Honestly, I'm still hooked on that L'Oreal Color Riche balm but 'Brazen Berry' is my pick for a hardcore (but not intimidating) purple lipstick. I eagerly await seeing the range on Collins' shelves.

Worn over MAC Pro Longwear lip pencil in 'More To Love'

Let us know your favourites in the comments.

Check me out on keek for live product testings.

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Riley Good Genes versus Drunk Elephant T.L.C Framboos Glycolic Night Serum

If you're an avid YouTube watcher you've probably heard about these products. Both brands blew up on the skincare seen in short order as expensive, but effective. If you're like me you quickly began to wonder: which is better? Short answer: it depends.


Long answer...

I've mentioned Good Genes a few times before on the blog. This 'all-in-one lactic acid treatment' is raved about by the likes of Stephanie Nicole and Caroline Hirons.

From the box: "Deeply exfoliates the dull surface of the skin for clarity, radiance, and younger-looking skin. Visibly brightens the appearance of age spots and discolorations. Instantly plumps the look of fine lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes*

*Clinically tested and proven to significantly improve the appearance of lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes. Results obtained via profilometry analysis.

With Key Ingredients:

Purified Lactic Acid: One of the most hydrating Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs), Lactic Acid exfoliates the surface layers of t…

Mask Monday | Garnier SkinActive Moisture Bomb Sheet Mask

Back at it 😊

I gotta be honest wid y'all, so far I like I ain't too fussy wid sheet masks yuh.

Anyho, details from the website:

"THE SUPER HYDRATING SHEET MASK - GLOW-BOOSTING

Product Information

Deeply hydrates, illuminates and enhances skin's radiance

This water-based hydrating sheet mask with Hyaluronic Acid, an ingredient naturally found in skin, floods skin with intense weightless hydration. Free of mineral oil and parabens, this non-greasy, intense glow-boosting formula, with Sakura extract, hydrates, illuminates and enhances skin's radiance.

Half a bottle of hydrating serum in 1 Garnier sheet mask

Delivers 24 hour long-lasting hydration

Helps prevent moisture loss throughout the day

Gives skin a luminous complexion and healthy looking radiance
Results: After 1 use -- skin is smoother and more luminous, complexion appears even and fresh
How To Use
1. Start with clean skin. Gently press the sheet mask on to the face with the blue side on top.

2. Peel off the blue film. …