Skip to main content

Would I Repurchase? Desert Essence Thoroughly Clean Face Wash


Desert Essence Thoroughly Clean Face Wash - www.modenmakeup.com
posted on the Facebook page April 24, 2013


"REVIEW: Desert Essence Thoroughly Clean Face Wash.
I use this fluid mostly in conjunction with my Mia 2 to ensure all makeup is removed. It foams slightly and cleanses pretty well. I wanted to try this brand as it claims to produce eco friendly products that are free of parabens, artificial fragrances etc. The Sea Kelp and Tea Tree Oil are the 5th and 6th ingredients listed respectively.
The number 1 thing I have to say about this is that 'avoid contact with eyes' is in caps for a reason; lawd this thing burns the eyes.
Is it worth it? Once you don't get it in your eyes, yes.
Available at all Jenn's locations for $26.50 for 8.5 fl. oz".


I finally tossed the bottle this week. Mind you, I have at least three face cleaners going at a time so this may not last you that long if you're using it consistently. As stated previously I really enjoyed using this with my Clarisonic Mia 2. That combination really leaves your face clean.

So would I repurchase? No. Here's why:

Desert Essence Thoroughly Clean Face Wash - www.modenmakeup.com

For some strange reason, a quarter way through use the product starts to congeal. This makes it a bit of a pain to get through the pump and looks pretty gross around the dispenser. No bueno.

I recently purchased the soap bar version ($10.95 for 5 oz.) so we'll see how that goes. 

Desert Essence Thoroughly Cleansing Bar - www.modenmakeup.com
Desert Essence Thoroughly Cleansing Bar - www.modenmakeup.com

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Riley Good Genes versus Drunk Elephant T.L.C Framboos Glycolic Night Serum

If you're an avid YouTube watcher you've probably heard about these products. Both brands blew up on the skincare seen in short order as expensive, but effective. If you're like me you quickly began to wonder: which is better? Short answer: it depends.


Long answer...

I've mentioned Good Genes a few times before on the blog. This 'all-in-one lactic acid treatment' is raved about by the likes of Stephanie Nicole and Caroline Hirons.

From the box: "Deeply exfoliates the dull surface of the skin for clarity, radiance, and younger-looking skin. Visibly brightens the appearance of age spots and discolorations. Instantly plumps the look of fine lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes*

*Clinically tested and proven to significantly improve the appearance of lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes. Results obtained via profilometry analysis.

With Key Ingredients:

Purified Lactic Acid: One of the most hydrating Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs), Lactic Acid exfoliates the surface layers of t…

It's A Dupe!

Long time no dupe.

Corny? I know. I try.

Faithful readers would have seen me rave about the Becca Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector, a.k.a Face Cement, numerous times. Well, we have a dupe: The Make Up For Ever (MUFE) Step 1 Skin Equalizer Mattifying Primer. I knew it instantly. So instantly that I've used the MUFE twice and decided that it's ridiculous to keep both since they are the same.

You can read all about the Becca primer in the link above so I'm just going to talk about the MUFE version here.

swatches straight from the tubes swatches blended out
Can you tell which is which? No? Well, neither can I.
From the MUFE site -  "Details: STEP1 Skin Equalizer triples the power of your foundation: easier application, optimized makeup result, improved wear. STEP1 is the range of skin equalizers developed to refine, smooth and even out. Our exclusive Equalizer Complex delivers 3 key actions:

- APPLICATION : makeup goes on seamlessly
- RESULT : optimized color & finis…