Skip to main content

Most Used M.A.C Products (Top 10)

I got this idea from watching ShadesofKassie's video. YouTube is a wealth of information for just about everything, so me drawing inspiration from there - as I spend hourrrrrsssssssss watching videos - should be no surprise.

For most of us makeup lovers in the Barbados, M.A.C is one place that gets a lot of our business since we don't have immediate access to many mid-range or high-end cosmetic companies. I know at the time I purchased the Studio Fix powder I certainly had the feeling of 'I Have Arrived!'. My my, how the internet broadens your horizons...

As with all cosmetic lines, there are some stars and flops. Here's a list of what I think is worth it.

1. Fast Response Eye Cream
The only M.A.C product I use every day. Good on it's own for making the under-eye less puffy. Excellent under concealer due its silicone base. I have recommended this to every one I know that doesn't get enough sleep...and they love it too.

Clear cream that blends down to nothingness...in a good way

2. Fix+
Just in case you were not sure, let me clarify: this is not a setting spray.
This product is great for a plethora of other things though and what I appreciate most is the dispenser. Nothing worst than a spray bottle that shoots you the face! Yes, e.l.f I mean you. #shade

3. 'Quite Natural' Paint Point 
Lovely brown eyeshadow base. It has a grey undertone that when blended into the crease gives the appearance of having used more than one product. Many makeup artists use it on fairer skintones to create a 'smokey eye'. I have never experienced creasing with this; but it is advised to use a thin layer. That's really no problem since this Paint Pot is very pigmented.

Google Image

4. Mineralize Concealer
Lightweight, smooth texture, easy application. The brush tip applicator encourages me to paint this alllllllll over my face. I will only not mention the Pro Longwear concealer because the colour range in that line is ^%&!ed up.

Google Image

5. Studio Fix Powder Foundation
Sentimental much? No, seriously. Even after trying a lot of powders I still rate this one...Wayne Goss does too. *wink*


6. 'Centre of The Universe' Mineralize Skinfinish
This was released with the Heavenly Creature Mineralized collection. Y'all know how I feel about burnt orange blushes on our skintone. This product carries the added benefit of gold sheen so there's no need for an additional highlight. Be wary of all shimmery face products as they tend to accentuate large pores.

Photo compliments www.allurabeauty.com

7. 'Coppertone' Blush
A perfect matte everyday powder blush. An excellent mixing colour (with peaches or plums) as well.


8. 217 Brush
One of M.A.C's best! This has the key to a 'one and done' girl like me heart. It can be used to apply a sheer wash of colour or to blend out colour previously packed on. Some makeup lovers also use it to: blend out under-eye concealer, apply setting powder to under-eye concealer and apply brow highlight. So basically, get two of them.

Google Image

9. 'Satin Taupe' and 'Deep Truth' eyeshadows
A lot of people love M.A.C eyeshadows. In my experience, some formulas are way better than others. These two are my favourite, and that's saying a lot since I barely use eyeshadow. 'Deep Truth' is especially gorgeous on people with brown eyes,


10. Lipsticks
Again your formula preference will determine which ones you love. I'm a fan of the Sheen Supreme, Cremesheen and Amplified Creme lipsticks. Shout out to 'Girl About Town' Lipglass; she's special.

 I'm in love with 'Creme In Your Coffee'

Special mention: M.A.C Classes:
Previously called "M.A.C In Mode" now dubbed "M.A.C Technique" these are workshops that occur twice a year and give you the opportunity to learn about the products/create a look under the guidance of specialized M.A.C Artists. What's even better is that you get the admission fee of the class back in products, of your choosing, at the end. Warning: you always end up spending more than the admission cost...well at least I do.


I also enjoy the big seasonal product launches. You get to shop the collection first hand, enjoy refreshments, enter give-aways, participate in quizzes and most importantly; meet up with other makeup lovers. Fun all around. Make friends with a M.A.C Artist so you can be informed of when these events are coming up.

Me at the Archie's Girls Collection launch, March 14, 2013.

What are your favourite M.A.C products? Let us know in the comments below.

***2015 update here***

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Riley Good Genes versus Drunk Elephant T.L.C Framboos Glycolic Night Serum

If you're an avid YouTube watcher you've probably heard about these products. Both brands blew up on the skincare seen in short order as expensive, but effective. If you're like me you quickly began to wonder: which is better? Short answer: it depends.


Long answer...

I've mentioned Good Genes a few times before on the blog. This 'all-in-one lactic acid treatment' is raved about by the likes of Stephanie Nicole and Caroline Hirons.

From the box: "Deeply exfoliates the dull surface of the skin for clarity, radiance, and younger-looking skin. Visibly brightens the appearance of age spots and discolorations. Instantly plumps the look of fine lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes*

*Clinically tested and proven to significantly improve the appearance of lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes. Results obtained via profilometry analysis.

With Key Ingredients:

Purified Lactic Acid: One of the most hydrating Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs), Lactic Acid exfoliates the surface layers of t…

It's A Dupe!

posted on our Facebook page April 12, 2013 "DUPE ALERT: M.A.C Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Dark vs Maybelline Fit Me! in 355 Coconut. Both look the same applied to the face and are the same texture when swatched. The Mineralize Skinfinish Natural is bigger by 1 gram but the Fit Me! is significantly cheap... *ahem* more "inexpensive". There is one shade darker in the M.A.C version but 355 is the darkest shade in the Maybelline. (I'm NC50). If you go through a lot of face powder it's worth a shot - LR"
Talk about a throwback!
I watched a dupe video on YouTube recently where this comparison was mentioned and it reminded me that I had the same thought a while ago. The finish on the skin is identical. Since this original post M.A.C has changed the packaging on their Mineralize line and Maybelline has rebranded/re categorised the Fit Me! range into: Dewy/Set + Smooth and Matte + Poreless.
M.A.C says: "A slow-baked powder with 77-Mineral Complex that provid…