Skip to main content

M.A.C Haul

You ask. We deliver.

Usually when Heidi and I do a little shopping or receive gifts we'd post the loot on Instagram. You've expressed that you want posts on that kindda stuff and we're here to please.

M.A.C Artists always let me know when new goodies are hitting their counter. When Celina sent me the information for the Indulge, Retro Matte and Pro Longwear collections, I honestly was like "meh". No special packaging either? Pfffff.
The Retro Matte and Pro Longwear lip liner (they didn't get the Paint Pots *shakes fists*) collections will officially be on counters September 12. The Broad Street branch is already sold out of the majority of the lipsticks so venture to Limegrove. I threw away my receipt by accident so forgive me for not posting prices.

I already own the infamous Ruby Woo and while the colour is fantastic, the texture does my poor sensitive lips no favours. I also have the Pro Longwear Lip Pencil in More To Love (permanent). This was all the rage on YouTube for Summer and I bought into the hype *facepalm*. The texture of these lip liners is more 'tacky' than M.A.C's regular line and that's what increases the wear time. I like colourful lip liner because if you: are afraid of loud lipsticks, don't like how some of them bleed/transfer onto your teeth or just can't be bothered with the maintenance (cleaning up your lip line with foundation/concealer, reapplying et. al.); filling in your lips with the liner and then topping with a gloss can give you the same great look for wayyyyy less stress.

Word to wise, if you do not want to purchase anything from a new collection, don't swatch anything. The swatching gets me ev-ver-ry-time!

L - R: 'All Fired Up' Retro Matte lipstick, 'Shock Value' Pro Longwear lip liner and Viva Glam I lip glass
Shot in natural lighting

'All Fired Up' lipstick swatch is the result of a couple passes, I noticed the application wasn't even so you definitely need to exfoliate and moisturise your lips before use. The lip pencil is amazing. Every lip product lover should know that blue based colours make your teeth appear whiter; so this being a lovely bright pink is a bonus. 'Shock Value' will compliment pink and purple lippies nicely, as well as add a bit of umph! to nudes. The swatches on my arm took some elbow grease to get off so the 'longwear' claim is fo sho. (Of course oil from meals still breaks down these types of products but they do last longer than regular lip liners).
I support the Viva Glam campaign because M.A.C says a 100% of the proceeds go to people living with HIV/AIDS. If the cause doesn't catch you this new press photo surely will...

Photo compliments M.A.C AIDS Fund
Isn't that something.

Give-away bonus:

While gandering in Collins I decided to pick up the Maybelline Master Drama eye liner pencil in 'Sapphire Strength'. Crystalis007 is always raving about this on YouTube and I thought it would be a nice addition to our fifth blog give-away. The rules are at the end of that post so follow the link to enter.

Available in Collins for $16.40
Fine tip. This opened one is mine, ok?
Very smooth texture and took a bit of elbow grease to remove using soap and water

Let me know if you are getting anything from the recent M.A.C collections.

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Riley Good Genes versus Drunk Elephant T.L.C Framboos Glycolic Night Serum

If you're an avid YouTube watcher you've probably heard about these products. Both brands blew up on the skincare seen in short order as expensive, but effective. If you're like me you quickly began to wonder: which is better? Short answer: it depends.


Long answer...

I've mentioned Good Genes a few times before on the blog. This 'all-in-one lactic acid treatment' is raved about by the likes of Stephanie Nicole and Caroline Hirons.

From the box: "Deeply exfoliates the dull surface of the skin for clarity, radiance, and younger-looking skin. Visibly brightens the appearance of age spots and discolorations. Instantly plumps the look of fine lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes*

*Clinically tested and proven to significantly improve the appearance of lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes. Results obtained via profilometry analysis.

With Key Ingredients:

Purified Lactic Acid: One of the most hydrating Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs), Lactic Acid exfoliates the surface layers of t…

Top Ten Sephora VIB Sale Recommendations

It's that time again. I'm not sure of the dates as yet but one major thing has changed: Sephora no longer ships to commercial addresses 😡I discovered this recently after two of my orders were cancelled. Their customer service said it is something they were cracking down on since late July. Stupse. Sephora clearly ain't care about those of us who have to use mail forwarders. Soooooo yeah...less hauls for me in the future which I am annoyed about. More money for Beautylish den *insert Kanye shrug*

Regular readers have seen my wish list posts every time the sale is approaching. I love watching these types of videos on YouTube so I always want to throw my hat in the ring. There are a couple recommendation posts on this blog as well but this year I wanted to narrow it down to my top ten. Now, of course they're plenty favourites I'd like to mention but in efforts to make this concise...

please click all links provided for more information

Sunday Riley Good Genes


After con…