Skip to main content

Sephora Haul

My brother has probably been dragged to more Sephoras in Canada than I can ever thank him for. But it's all for the greater good. The greater good. (10 points if you got that movie reference)

Those black and white bags make me happy

I've owned a pink Beauty Blender sponge for over a year now and never used it because I want it to be spotless after. When I saw the brand release a solid cleanser I had to try it.


Word to the wise: check the size of the product when shopping online. You should always compare how much product is given with the price...and try very hard not to be swayed by packaging. For those of you not willing to shell out the money for this 1 oz soap, Melissa Raymond recently did a dupe video. The Dr. Bronner's line is available locally at Jenn's. I checked the Lanterns branch but they only had the liquid form.

I was told the soap bars are still available at the Sheraton branch

On to the Belle of the ball. My wish list is up and the Urban Decay Revolution lipsticks are on it.

Urban Decay getting a lil Nars-like with those names huh?

Lovely mirrored gunmetal packaging

69, Rush, Anarchy

shot in natural lighting

Those swatches are two passes each; like the description said it was very creamy when applied. The darker colours did stain my arm. I only want F-Bomb and Jilted now, thanks! 

Sephora sure knows how to work the charm. Every year they give the 'Beauty Insiders' a gift for their birthday. It's usually a sample size set. This toss it was from Benefit (who makes a lot of good sample sets btw). Y'all already know how I feel about samples.

Thanks to Jaclyn for giving me her freebie

I've wanted to try that mascara forever! How did they know?

Don't forget, T.E.A.M Imports can bring in those items you're lusting after that aren't available locally. Send them an email (team_imports@hotmail.com) with a link to the product and they'll get back to you with a quote. Please remember these quotes include shipping and duty fees. We should lobby to get the duty on cosmetics lowered!

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Riley Good Genes versus Drunk Elephant T.L.C Framboos Glycolic Night Serum

If you're an avid YouTube watcher you've probably heard about these products. Both brands blew up on the skincare seen in short order as expensive, but effective. If you're like me you quickly began to wonder: which is better? Short answer: it depends.


Long answer...

I've mentioned Good Genes a few times before on the blog. This 'all-in-one lactic acid treatment' is raved about by the likes of Stephanie Nicole and Caroline Hirons.

From the box: "Deeply exfoliates the dull surface of the skin for clarity, radiance, and younger-looking skin. Visibly brightens the appearance of age spots and discolorations. Instantly plumps the look of fine lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes*

*Clinically tested and proven to significantly improve the appearance of lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes. Results obtained via profilometry analysis.

With Key Ingredients:

Purified Lactic Acid: One of the most hydrating Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs), Lactic Acid exfoliates the surface layers of t…

It's A Dupe!

posted on our Facebook page April 12, 2013 "DUPE ALERT: M.A.C Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Dark vs Maybelline Fit Me! in 355 Coconut. Both look the same applied to the face and are the same texture when swatched. The Mineralize Skinfinish Natural is bigger by 1 gram but the Fit Me! is significantly cheap... *ahem* more "inexpensive". There is one shade darker in the M.A.C version but 355 is the darkest shade in the Maybelline. (I'm NC50). If you go through a lot of face powder it's worth a shot - LR"
Talk about a throwback!
I watched a dupe video on YouTube recently where this comparison was mentioned and it reminded me that I had the same thought a while ago. The finish on the skin is identical. Since this original post M.A.C has changed the packaging on their Mineralize line and Maybelline has rebranded/re categorised the Fit Me! range into: Dewy/Set + Smooth and Matte + Poreless.
M.A.C says: "A slow-baked powder with 77-Mineral Complex that provid…