Skip to main content

If All My Makeup Disappeared...

First off... *cue epic depression*

As with all material things, truly they're just fleeting...but if all my makeup - that I've spent years and loads of money on - disappeared, look for me in Black Rock behind dem green gates.

No, but seriously.

I literally just watched this video done by Essie Button - she's hilarious - and I thought hhhmmmmm, could I name 10 things I'd have to repurchase if some natural disaster struck? #JesusProtectMe

I'll keep it to colour products so as to not bore you with skincare or tools. Here goes:

1. Estee Lauder Double Wear Concealer
My name is Lucinda and I am a concealer fa-na-tic. 
I love the applicator, the longevity and the finish. The shade range needs work but yuh know, nothing's perfect. Or so I thought, until...

2. Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer
Pigment for dayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyys coupled with a smooth texture. I bought Caramel, discovered it was too light for the hyper-pigmentation on my face and I'm gonna fork out the $28 US to get a darker one. Yup, I got it that bad.

As I said here, the concealer crack is REAL!

3. Revlon ColorStay Pressed Powder
Thought I was a brand whore nuh?
Yeah, I'm shocked by this one too. At first I just loved it because it colour corrects those overly yellow foundations us brown girls are often riddled with. Then it grew on me for it's mattifying properties. Check how much I used it here.

4. M.A.C Studio Fix Pressed Powder
This was the first powder I ever purchased and I would do it again. This is very similar to the powder previously mentioned, but better. It colour corrects overly red foundations and can give medium to full coverage depending on what application method you use. Pair it with a setting spray to rid yourself of all "cakey-ness".

On to my second favourite makeup category. You knew it was coming.

5. Sleek Blush by 3 in Sugar
GORGEOUS!
...and having three blushes in one palette just warms my heart.


6. Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Blush
The only powder blush formula I have tried that "becomes one with your skin"; fuh real real. Stay tuned to our YouTube channel for a full product rave.

7. Milani Baked Blush
Any of them. All of them.
Absolutely no need to purchase M.A.C Mineralized blushes.
These are so lovely you don't need a separate highlighter. View my full rave here.

8. Laura Mercier Baked Blush Bronze in Ritual
The cheek product my chocolate Sisters can not over do.
It has in the right amount of pink, the right amount of sheen and the right about of colour to give that hidden extra umph! *swoon*


9. Laura Mercier Caviar Sticks
Durable enough to use as a base and pretty enough to use by themselves.
The one colour eye product - and you see how far down eye products are on my list - I would cry after...like buckets a drop. View the product rave here.


10. L'Oreal Color Riche Balm
Not the ones with SPF though.
I just can't get away from these. They're moisturising and add a little something to the lips too. Perfect for the 'no fuss' lip person like me.

Honourable mentions:

L'Oreal Voluminous mascara - drama in a tube that won't break the bank.
Maybelline Lash Discovery mascara - my #1 choice for defining my lower lashes.
M.A.C Heroine Lip liner - can take any lipstick from dab to fab.
YSL Touche Eclat Radiant Touch concealer/highlighter - only not in the top 10 because of the price.
black|Up Fluid Foundation - as you can see I'm a big fan of just concealer and powder but this is one of the best liquid foundations I have ever come across.
M.U.D Cheek Color in Pumpkin - because every brown girl needs a burnt orange blush...and this is one of the prettiest.


M.A.C Eyebrow Crayon in 'Strut' - one day when I master the technique of brows this will mean so much more to me.

I await Heidi's post on this topic.

Let us know your 'must haves' in the comments below.

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Riley Good Genes versus Drunk Elephant T.L.C Framboos Glycolic Night Serum

If you're an avid YouTube watcher you've probably heard about these products. Both brands blew up on the skincare seen in short order as expensive, but effective. If you're like me you quickly began to wonder: which is better? Short answer: it depends.


Long answer...

I've mentioned Good Genes a few times before on the blog. This 'all-in-one lactic acid treatment' is raved about by the likes of Stephanie Nicole and Caroline Hirons.

From the box: "Deeply exfoliates the dull surface of the skin for clarity, radiance, and younger-looking skin. Visibly brightens the appearance of age spots and discolorations. Instantly plumps the look of fine lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes*

*Clinically tested and proven to significantly improve the appearance of lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes. Results obtained via profilometry analysis.

With Key Ingredients:

Purified Lactic Acid: One of the most hydrating Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs), Lactic Acid exfoliates the surface layers of t…

Summer Standouts

It feels strange to talk about beauty products with all that's going on in the Caribbean. Our neighbours are going through some seriously trying times and I implore you to give whatever you can. 🙏

I didn't even realise that this was a running theme. Last year's was especially good since it featured some of my favourite combinations. Like last year, makeup seems to have taken a backseat this Summer.


There's only one item here that surprised me...but let me not get ahead of myself.
Y'all know exfoliators are a must in my skin and body care routine so the Bath & Body Works 'Lavender & Sandalwood' Clay Body Scrub and Coco Shea 'Coconut' Richly Nourishing Body Buff (thanks to the Mistress!) should come as no real shocker. Both smell amazing; again no shocker since regular readers know I'm a firm aromatherapy believer. Visit Inyouvations in Sheraton for all your Bath & Body Works products. Continuing on the Bath & Body Works train, the…