Skip to main content

RiRiHeartsMAC Haul

Before I forget my manners I would like to say a huge thank you to all that conveyed your sentiments for my recent birthday and also the appreciation you have for the blog. I am truly touched and hope to serve you better as time goes by. *sob* Wunna too sweet.

Now to the good stuff...

RiRiHeartsMAC Haul - www.modenmakeup.com
Yall ain't even wanna know that receipt total

The most anticipated M.A.C collection finally graced the local counters yesterday. Let me state up front, that I was disappointed with the limited supply our stores received. Rihanna IS Barbadian; need I say more? Stupse. Another weird thing that happened, the brushes launched with this collection weren't sent. Not that I wanted them - cause you know how I feel about machine cut M.A.C brushes - but still, ber? Point is, quite a few people were at the M.A.C stores early and loads of them left disappointed.

What I can advise you to do for future collections, (there's another collaboration collection with Rihanna coming out later this year), is to stay glued to our facebook page because I do post links to YouTube and other blogs that get the items early. These will give you an idea of what you might be interested in. Secondly, get familiar with a local M.A.C Artist. I didn't luck up here by chance; I've built a relationship with a couple artistes and they keep me in the do. Now I ain't saying to pester the people...but see who you get along with and give them your business.

RiRiHeartsMAC Haul - www.modenmakeup.com
Full spread
RiRiHeartsMAC Face Products - www.modenmakeup.com
'Bad Girl Gone Good' Blush and 'Hibiscus Kiss' Bronzer/Blush

RiRiHeartsMAC Face Products swatches - www.modenmakeup.com
Swatches not wowing me but the real proof shall be in the wear

Nude blush swatch comparison - www.modenmakeup.com
Comparison: 'Bad Girl Gone Good', 'Coppertone' and 'Sienna' (La Femme)

RiRiHeartsMAC Face Products packaging - www.modenmakeup.com
Evidently, the packaging is what trapped a lot of us

For the record, I never intended to purchase 'Hibiscus Kiss' since the reviews weren't positive from its initial release earlier this year. What changed my mind was the possibility to use it as a compact, i.e. I can depot the products and store a puff in there for touch ups.

Now onto what everyone was really after, the lip products:

RiRiHeartsMAC Lip Products - www.modenmakeup.com
'RiRi Woo': pro longwear lip pencil, lipglass and lipstick

RiRiHeartsMAC Lip Products - www.modenmakeup.com
Looks like the making of a perfect red lip

The only other lip product I was interested in was the 'Nude' lipstick. I know 'Talk That Talk' was also heavily sought after but the reviews I saw weren't encouraging and as you already know I have enough purple lip products to last me two lifetimes. I did pick it up for my homie Katrina though, so I will let you know how she is getting on with it.

RiRiHeartsMAC 'Nude' Lipstick - www.modenmakeup.com
'Nude'

RiRiHeartsMAC 'Nude' Lipstick swatch - www.modenmakeup.com
shot in natural lighting. It has a grey undertone I didn't expect.

RiRiHeartsMAC 'Nude' Lipstick swatch - www.modenmakeup.com
Wayne Goss said the best place to swatch a lipstick is on your finger tips

Nude lipstick swatch comparison - www.modenmakeup.com
Comparison: 'Nude', 'Rush' by Urban Decay, 'Teddy Bare' by Milani and 'Sand' by NYX

Gotta say, 'Sand' is still my favourite nude lipstick. For real time updates on the performance of these products check me out on keek.

The 'Her Cocoa' eyeshadow quad did catch my eye but no way I was paying $102BDS for it. That money would be better appropriated to high quality items on my wish list.

So, did you manage to get anything?

Shout outs to Victoria and Sharalee though, dese girls be bout that lipstick life! 😄

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Riley Good Genes versus Drunk Elephant T.L.C Framboos Glycolic Night Serum

If you're an avid YouTube watcher you've probably heard about these products. Both brands blew up on the skincare seen in short order as expensive, but effective. If you're like me you quickly began to wonder: which is better? Short answer: it depends.


Long answer...

I've mentioned Good Genes a few times before on the blog. This 'all-in-one lactic acid treatment' is raved about by the likes of Stephanie Nicole and Caroline Hirons.

From the box: "Deeply exfoliates the dull surface of the skin for clarity, radiance, and younger-looking skin. Visibly brightens the appearance of age spots and discolorations. Instantly plumps the look of fine lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes*

*Clinically tested and proven to significantly improve the appearance of lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes. Results obtained via profilometry analysis.

With Key Ingredients:

Purified Lactic Acid: One of the most hydrating Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs), Lactic Acid exfoliates the surface layers of t…

It's A Dupe!

posted on our Facebook page April 12, 2013 "DUPE ALERT: M.A.C Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Dark vs Maybelline Fit Me! in 355 Coconut. Both look the same applied to the face and are the same texture when swatched. The Mineralize Skinfinish Natural is bigger by 1 gram but the Fit Me! is significantly cheap... *ahem* more "inexpensive". There is one shade darker in the M.A.C version but 355 is the darkest shade in the Maybelline. (I'm NC50). If you go through a lot of face powder it's worth a shot - LR"
Talk about a throwback!
I watched a dupe video on YouTube recently where this comparison was mentioned and it reminded me that I had the same thought a while ago. The finish on the skin is identical. Since this original post M.A.C has changed the packaging on their Mineralize line and Maybelline has rebranded/re categorised the Fit Me! range into: Dewy/Set + Smooth and Matte + Poreless.
M.A.C says: "A slow-baked powder with 77-Mineral Complex that provid…