Skip to main content

Overview: Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick

Greetings lipstick heaux!

In my last lipstick review, I spoke about the Milani Color Statement line. There I had seven shades to shape my thoughts and now I really wish I had seven shades of this product.

The thirst is real. Seriously, I need more lipstick like I need more nail polish :/ ...but when you are exposed to such amazing products it's easy to lose your composure. As you would have seen here, my first purchases were '69', 'Rush' and 'Anarchy'. 


'Rush' is the only one that doesn't suit my complexion so alas I'm still looking for a nude. In my wish list I said I wanted 'F Bomb' and 'Jilted', but that 'Venom' just wouldn't let me ignore it! Can I Live?
What I really enjoy about these ultra pigmented shades is that I have the option of making them much more sheer by just dabbing on and smoothing out with my fingers. It's literally like the best of both worlds.

T.E.A.M Imports knows how to keep me happy

For you die hard M.A.C fans Imma put it like this: think cremesheen texture with amplified colour. I know right! The darker colours even stain the lips which adds to the longevity but can look patchy when the product wears away if your lips are not smooth. Exfoliate those puckers baby.
From the site: "Our Pigment Infusion System™ gives Revolution Lipstick its super creamy texture, insane pigmentation, superior color dispersion and extended wear. Maxi-Lip™ defines and hydrates lips while making them look plumper and fuller. And a nourishing blend of jojoba oil, avocado oil, cocoa butter and shea butter keeps lips super moisturized and cushiony soft".

The packaging is just gorgeous, down to the interior of the box. The tube is sexy, weighty and second (in my humble experience) only to my YSL Rouge Volupte Shine. 


These are available on Urban Decay's website for $22USD. Christmas is fast approaching and I truly believe this would be an awesome treat for yourself or a fellow lipstick who...junkie. When you're ordering please get me 'Liar' or 'Strip'. Uuuuuuuugggghhhhhhhhhhh I need 'em both!

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Riley Good Genes versus Drunk Elephant T.L.C Framboos Glycolic Night Serum

If you're an avid YouTube watcher you've probably heard about these products. Both brands blew up on the skincare seen in short order as expensive, but effective. If you're like me you quickly began to wonder: which is better? Short answer: it depends.


Long answer...

I've mentioned Good Genes a few times before on the blog. This 'all-in-one lactic acid treatment' is raved about by the likes of Stephanie Nicole and Caroline Hirons.

From the box: "Deeply exfoliates the dull surface of the skin for clarity, radiance, and younger-looking skin. Visibly brightens the appearance of age spots and discolorations. Instantly plumps the look of fine lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes*

*Clinically tested and proven to significantly improve the appearance of lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes. Results obtained via profilometry analysis.

With Key Ingredients:

Purified Lactic Acid: One of the most hydrating Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs), Lactic Acid exfoliates the surface layers of t…

It's A Dupe!

posted on our Facebook page April 12, 2013 "DUPE ALERT: M.A.C Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Dark vs Maybelline Fit Me! in 355 Coconut. Both look the same applied to the face and are the same texture when swatched. The Mineralize Skinfinish Natural is bigger by 1 gram but the Fit Me! is significantly cheap... *ahem* more "inexpensive". There is one shade darker in the M.A.C version but 355 is the darkest shade in the Maybelline. (I'm NC50). If you go through a lot of face powder it's worth a shot - LR"
Talk about a throwback!
I watched a dupe video on YouTube recently where this comparison was mentioned and it reminded me that I had the same thought a while ago. The finish on the skin is identical. Since this original post M.A.C has changed the packaging on their Mineralize line and Maybelline has rebranded/re categorised the Fit Me! range into: Dewy/Set + Smooth and Matte + Poreless.
M.A.C says: "A slow-baked powder with 77-Mineral Complex that provid…