Skip to main content

Update: Breakouts Begone (Heidi)

Hi everyone!!

We are nearing our 50th blogpost and 10,000 page views!! Huge milestones and we owe them to you! Our avid followers, fans and friends. Keep shouting us out, forwarding and liking our Facebook page. We are eager to serve you and keep you informed about the latest in makeup, hair and beauty locally, regionally and of course internationally!

I noticed the break out on both cheeks around 6 weeks ago: This is what it looked like:



Not bad right? Well it got much worse. We are talking four pus filled, face demons on either side, plus the occasional mini demon. I was incredulous. Not only did I look like I had neglected my face, but people were commenting, and that made me more furious than ever. Acne EXISTS. Everyone doesn't have clear skin. It is a HUGE undertaking, maintaining a skincare regimen. However I digress, people will always say what they want.

My skin is SUPER sensitive; if anyone touches my face, I get splashed, I don't use a face towel to dry it, I use dirty brushes, I break out almost within 15 minutes. And we are talking a big, juicy, yellow headed beast. Not a lil heat rash. So the beloved fiance' KNOWS not to be touching up this face with no overtures and platitudes. It is about keeping the situation clean and VERY hygienic.

Had to take into consideration that my diet was not the best, (I love a KFC and a wing ding) and I thought about how often I was drinking the good ol H2O. Factor in the lack of sleep, when I do sleep, not sleeping with my hair tied and the neglect of my daily supplement, plus I had changed my foundation, and let's not talk about the week and a half I went without washing my hair and there is little wonder that my face was like the planet Mars. Full of potholes and humps o_O.

If you follow me on keek then you would have seen a vlog on my new skincare products. I literally had had it one day about two weeks ago and bought all the things I needed, under recommendation from my friend Monique Welch (skincare GURU).

My plan was simple. Monitor the foods I was eating, up the water intake, add my supplement, tie down the damn greasy follicles and sleep more. I am a very high strung individual, learning to cope with the stresses of day to day life and focus on the simple things that make me happy. Planning a wedding and assisting with home renovations makes it harder. Remember to take all these factors into consideration when your skin rebels against you! So I spent about $75 on my face, and as a Make Up Artist, this is my ad. I can't be walking around wearing acne like it's a badge of honour. Hence, de $ hadda spen'!

Here is a list of my purchases:

1. Clearasil Daily Clear Oil-Free Daily Face Wash (Sensitive) Which promises up to 85% fewer breakouts in four weeks ( two more weeks to go) - $19.99 BDS from High Fashion - Sheraton Centre (Available at Collins, Broad Street for $2 less)
2. Clearasil - Ultra Rapid Action Pads - Promises to reduce the appearance of pimples and redness in as little as four hours.
3. Olay - Wet Cleansing Towelettes - Sensitive - $17 + (IMart - Sheraton, Collins as well)

I added Proactiv's Daily Oil Control Lotion , since I needed some form of moisturizer and it was there. Proactiv has worked for me in the past and adding that seemed to help keep the bumps at bay. So good choice Heidi :D

I also set some ground rules for myself. Everytime I felt like drinking juice, I'd give myself that ONE JUICE, or Coke or Sprite and then drink water for the rest of the day. I'm weaning ya'll, taking my time to get my skin in order. Minimise the KFC and Wing Dings, and eat the Burger King ONCE IN AWHILE. It is HARD! But my skin is happier, more hydrated and I am noticing less pimples. See for
 yourself.

On my way to clearer skin
So check yaself! Focus on your diet, water consumption, change your bedsheets and pillow cases, wrap your hair in a scarf or bonnet, don't drive with the car window wide open, the elements wreak havoc on your skin, SLEEP, and stop STRESSING. Life is no crystal stair but it sure can be beautiful, especially if you love the skin you're in!!

xoxo
Heidi.



Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Riley Good Genes versus Drunk Elephant T.L.C Framboos Glycolic Night Serum

If you're an avid YouTube watcher you've probably heard about these products. Both brands blew up on the skincare seen in short order as expensive, but effective. If you're like me you quickly began to wonder: which is better? Short answer: it depends.


Long answer...

I've mentioned Good Genes a few times before on the blog. This 'all-in-one lactic acid treatment' is raved about by the likes of Stephanie Nicole and Caroline Hirons.

From the box: "Deeply exfoliates the dull surface of the skin for clarity, radiance, and younger-looking skin. Visibly brightens the appearance of age spots and discolorations. Instantly plumps the look of fine lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes*

*Clinically tested and proven to significantly improve the appearance of lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes. Results obtained via profilometry analysis.

With Key Ingredients:

Purified Lactic Acid: One of the most hydrating Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs), Lactic Acid exfoliates the surface layers of t…

Mask Monday | Peter Thomas Roth Therapeutic Sulfur Mask

This is the first mask I've seen that advises users not to use "large areas of the skin".


From their site: "Medicated masque with 10% Sulfur, purifying Kaolin and Bentonite Clays dries, clears up and helps prevent acne. Designed to exfoliate the skin's surface with natural Sulfur at the maximum OTC level, absorb excess oil and help purify clogged pores. Soothes and calms the appearance of skin with Aloe Vera.

Benefits - 10% Sulfur - max OTC level clears up, treats and prevents acne and blackheads.

Kaolin & Bentonite Clay - a type of clay that helps to absorb excess oil.

Aloe Vera - helps calm and hydrate the appearance of skin.

Uses

• For the treatment and management of acne.

• Clears up active acne blemishes and blackheads.

• Helps to prevent new acne blemishes and blackheads.

Warnings

For external use only.

When using this product
Skin irritation and dryness is more likely to occur if you use another topical acne medication at the same time. If irritation occurs, on…