Skip to main content

Top Ten Lip Products for 2013

Merry Christmas!

This post should really be titled Top Ten Lipsticks but as I rarely wear them I'll just expand the category. So, in no particular order...

Revlon Lip Butters

I shouldda done a whole overview on this line for the amount of these that I bought. Anyho, you can see me singing their praises in this video.


p.s. I'm really loving 'Pink Truffle' now. L'Oreal Colour Riche Balm Still on the sheer lip colour craze I gravitated to the L'Oreal version of the lip butters...and loved it.


Jolie Cosmetics - Matte Raspberry

#TeamModen is always raving about Jolie Cosmetics, that's why we've purchased so many of their products for ourselves and to share with you. It's absolutely no secret about my affection for Matte Raspberry.
Jolie Cosmetics haul at BMEX
Matte Raspberry

M.A.C Pro Longwear Lip Pencils

If you are intimidated by bright lipsticks or hate the hassle of maintaining a red or dark lip, try filling in your entire lips with a lip liner and then topping it with a gloss. Same great look, much less stress. This year I've discovered the Pro Longwear lip liner formula and lemme tell you, I ain't never buying a regular lip pencil from M.A.C again - especially when the NYX and Too Faced retractable ones are so good. Now while the regular line does have more colour options, the pro longwear type is: more pigmented, easier to sharpen, creamier and as the name suggests, lasts longer. I have 'More To Love', 'Shock Value' and my favourite 'RiRi Woo'.

All RiRi Woo everything

Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick I've talked these to death. Peep the overview here. I got 'Venom' for Heidi and she loves it!

(L-R) '69', 'Rush' and 'Anarchy'

YSL Rouge Volupe Shine

Like the Urban Decay lipsticks this was another late comer but boy has he made an impact. I have worn this more than any other lip product in the last two months. I'm hooked and I want more! Sigh

[Click photo to shop]
posted in my Nordstrom haul

M.A.C Lip Glass


It is shocking how many Lip Glasses I have. I'm still working through a limited edition set from the Tartan Tale collection. Who remembers what year that Christmas collection came out? They're my favourite M.A.C lip gloss formula; my stand outs are: 'Heroine' (duh!), 'Girl About Town', 'RiRi Woo', 'Viva Glam I' and 'Electro Lush'. Coincidentally a lot of those are limited edition so I guess the moral of the story is pick ones that are unique.

Too Faced Lip Insurance

This is a "smoothing, anti feathering lip primer" that works. For best results, especially when wearing a bright/matte lip, always exfoliate your lips first.

[Click photo to shop]

Victoria Secret's Beauty Rush Lip Gloss

Still in my favourites Heidi :p I'm not in love with all the scents but I'm currently working my way through the berry and pear ones. I think they have new packing now.

Google image
Still available in Cave Shepherd

Make Up For Ever Agua Rouge No. 10

From the site: Formulated with a combination of high molecular weight polymers and volatile oils, Aqua Rouge locks color on the lips for a waterproof result that will not transfer or fade. Its intensely pigmented formula provides immediate, opaque color with extremeshine, and its creamy, non-sticky texture glides effortlessly on the lips for comfortable wear. The ergonomic applicator helps to paint lips precisely. The lip color's texture is loaded with opaque pigments with a matte finish, while the transparent top coat provides a lacquer finish for extreme shine and comfort. Its shades are perfectly paired with Aqua Lip for an unstoppable long lasting lip. The doe foot applicator allows you to apply these pigmented colours precisely. The colour portion, if worn alone, can be drying but the clear gloss totally eradicates that feeling. This baby only breaks down when eating greasy food. It's absolutely perfect for the low maintenance lip girl. I must have more :D

Google image
No. 10

Special mention

When all the lip product testing gets to me or I've had a bad reaction to any lip product I always go running back to my A+D ointment.
Google image

We hope you continue to enjoy this festive season.

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Riley Good Genes versus Drunk Elephant T.L.C Framboos Glycolic Night Serum

If you're an avid YouTube watcher you've probably heard about these products. Both brands blew up on the skincare seen in short order as expensive, but effective. If you're like me you quickly began to wonder: which is better? Short answer: it depends.


Long answer...

I've mentioned Good Genes a few times before on the blog. This 'all-in-one lactic acid treatment' is raved about by the likes of Stephanie Nicole and Caroline Hirons.

From the box: "Deeply exfoliates the dull surface of the skin for clarity, radiance, and younger-looking skin. Visibly brightens the appearance of age spots and discolorations. Instantly plumps the look of fine lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes*

*Clinically tested and proven to significantly improve the appearance of lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes. Results obtained via profilometry analysis.

With Key Ingredients:

Purified Lactic Acid: One of the most hydrating Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs), Lactic Acid exfoliates the surface layers of t…

Summer Standouts

It feels strange to talk about beauty products with all that's going on in the Caribbean. Our neighbours are going through some seriously trying times and I implore you to give whatever you can. 🙏

I didn't even realise that this was a running theme. Last year's was especially good since it featured some of my favourite combinations. Like last year, makeup seems to have taken a backseat this Summer.


There's only one item here that surprised me...but let me not get ahead of myself.
Y'all know exfoliators are a must in my skin and body care routine so the Bath & Body Works 'Lavender & Sandalwood' Clay Body Scrub and Coco Shea 'Coconut' Richly Nourishing Body Buff (thanks to the Mistress!) should come as no real shocker. Both smell amazing; again no shocker since regular readers know I'm a firm aromatherapy believer. Visit Inyouvations in Sheraton for all your Bath & Body Works products. Continuing on the Bath & Body Works train, the…