Skip to main content

'Make Out 2014'

That isn't as juicy as it sounds.

A few weeks ago I threw out a little challenge on our Facebook page asking who'd be interested in going on a little strict shopping list with me for the year. No takers. LOL. 'Make out 2014' is not my concept but rather a huge feat YouTube vlogger Christine undertook last year to get out of the madness of having to be up on the latest; and as a result amassing huge amount of products she couldn't possibly get through in six lifetimes. She took inventory of what she had, decided what she wanted her ideal collection to be cut down to and then resolved that she was only going to purchase 10 items for 18 months. This appeals to me cause you already know how I feel about hoarding plus the blogger thing can easily become overwhelming if you don't stop and take stock ever so often. Example: those mascara reviews, like I gine ever catch up? Meanwhile the pile of unopened ones is still growing. #FirstWorldProblems

I'm putting my own twist on this and trying to just purchase 14 new products i.e. things launched in 2014. I had to make this amendment since I made up in my mind before Christmas to obtain everything on My Wish List. I simply have been lusting after those things for too long.
Just to be clear, this challenge doesn't include anything I purchase for our give-aways or gifts. Now you may wonder, what content are we gonna have review wise if I'm cutting back on makeup shopping. Well firstly, I bought so many things last year I haven't even scratched the surface on those reviews. Secondly, we will still be listening to your suggestions and queries so please let us know the products you really want to try. We are still the premier option for knowing what's new on the shelves in Barbados and that's always going to be something worth writing about :D Be sure to keep up with us on FacebookInstagram and Keek. Finally, Heidi thinks I'm crazy and will not be joining me so stay tuned for plenty new product reviews from her.
At the end of the year, I'm hoping to have: used up some products, tested everything I purchased last year and have 14 new things that I truly think was worth the money. Now you must come along to encourage and police the situation!

1.

Lucinda

More shoes, more travelling, more dinners and more outings are on the cards for me in 2014


Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Riley Good Genes versus Drunk Elephant T.L.C Framboos Glycolic Night Serum

If you're an avid YouTube watcher you've probably heard about these products. Both brands blew up on the skincare seen in short order as expensive, but effective. If you're like me you quickly began to wonder: which is better? Short answer: it depends.


Long answer...

I've mentioned Good Genes a few times before on the blog. This 'all-in-one lactic acid treatment' is raved about by the likes of Stephanie Nicole and Caroline Hirons.

From the box: "Deeply exfoliates the dull surface of the skin for clarity, radiance, and younger-looking skin. Visibly brightens the appearance of age spots and discolorations. Instantly plumps the look of fine lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes*

*Clinically tested and proven to significantly improve the appearance of lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes. Results obtained via profilometry analysis.

With Key Ingredients:

Purified Lactic Acid: One of the most hydrating Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs), Lactic Acid exfoliates the surface layers of t…

Summer Standouts

It feels strange to talk about beauty products with all that's going on in the Caribbean. Our neighbours are going through some seriously trying times and I implore you to give whatever you can. 🙏

I didn't even realise that this was a running theme. Last year's was especially good since it featured some of my favourite combinations. Like last year, makeup seems to have taken a backseat this Summer.


There's only one item here that surprised me...but let me not get ahead of myself.
Y'all know exfoliators are a must in my skin and body care routine so the Bath & Body Works 'Lavender & Sandalwood' Clay Body Scrub and Coco Shea 'Coconut' Richly Nourishing Body Buff (thanks to the Mistress!) should come as no real shocker. Both smell amazing; again no shocker since regular readers know I'm a firm aromatherapy believer. Visit Inyouvations in Sheraton for all your Bath & Body Works products. Continuing on the Bath & Body Works train, the…