Skip to main content

Pure Source Haul


Whazzzzzzzzz uppppppppppp?!

In this product rave I introduced you to the awesomeness that is Pure Source Barbados. I always enjoyed taking a sniff around the store, even before my blogging days, but even more so now that I've become more aware of the awesome brands they carry. A few months ago I posted quite a few of the products available on our Facebook page. Pure Source is where I first saw the black Up line and I'm constantly seeing products there that I've only heard about on YouTube.

Recently, I made a few purchases strictly with travel in mind. I wanted another Ren kit for Combination Skin; of the three products included I had completely used the Mayblossom T-Zone Control Cleansing Gel (0.85 fl. oz.) and figured it would be a good idea to have one to take on my trip.
I will do a separate review on this line when I have used it for a bit longer but for now I can tell you that I enjoy using the Cleansing Gel with my Clarisonic Mia 2.


Initially I was most keen on trying the Radiance Range from REN. With a previous purchase I received samples of the Micro Polish Cleanser and Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask. I enjoyed both of these products so I had to get the full size. Lemme state here that Pure Source is not for the faint of purse, so I am amassing these products in stages.



I think this line of skin care is worth it since it "contains no petrochemicals, sulfates, parabens, synthetic fragrance, synthetic colours, T.E.A, D.E.A, glycols, silicones, PEGS, et. al." These types of ingredients are in a lot of the face products on the market today so you really have to get to know your products' contents. Honestly, I'm not as anal about things like parabens or sulfates in my makeup of hair products because I don't use those things every day. I do wash my face regularly so skin care is a whole nudda kettle of fish.

As I stated earlier, this haul was done with travel in mind. My skin usually feels dryer between the recycled air plane air and the chillier temperature in Jamaica so I always have a moisturizing lip balm handy. It is with great joy that I discovered that Pure Source is now carrying rms beauty products. Like REN, this line carries a range of cosmetics and skin care with great ingredients. I purchased the lip & skin balm in 'simply vanilla' and am not disappointed.



What haul is complete without a splurge? Every time I have walked into this store I lust after the RGB Cosmetics nail polishes cheekily placed at the check out point. The $55 price tag always gives me pause. I mean I've purchased a Dior polish for that amount but laaaaaaawd near $60 for nail polish? Anyho, this toss I took a look at the full product range and decided to try their Nail Color Remover pads. It is only when they were ringing up that I realized they were for $92! Jesus wept.


The box contains 20 pads, individually wrapped. I was assured that one pad could remove the polish from all my fingers, even if it was a dark colour. I gave in because who wants to lugg cotton balls and nail polish remover around? After a single use, I can say one pad did remove all the polish from my fingers and it was an opaque colour. I'll have to update you on the outcome with darker colours and glitters.

So those four products were $300+. Apart from the Cleansing Gel, they're actually going to last me a while. I guess yuh gotta shell out de copppers for better ingredients huh?

Cheesin' at Blue Lagoon

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Riley Good Genes versus Drunk Elephant T.L.C Framboos Glycolic Night Serum

If you're an avid YouTube watcher you've probably heard about these products. Both brands blew up on the skincare seen in short order as expensive, but effective. If you're like me you quickly began to wonder: which is better? Short answer: it depends.


Long answer...

I've mentioned Good Genes a few times before on the blog. This 'all-in-one lactic acid treatment' is raved about by the likes of Stephanie Nicole and Caroline Hirons.

From the box: "Deeply exfoliates the dull surface of the skin for clarity, radiance, and younger-looking skin. Visibly brightens the appearance of age spots and discolorations. Instantly plumps the look of fine lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes*

*Clinically tested and proven to significantly improve the appearance of lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes. Results obtained via profilometry analysis.

With Key Ingredients:

Purified Lactic Acid: One of the most hydrating Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs), Lactic Acid exfoliates the surface layers of t…

Summer Standouts

It feels strange to talk about beauty products with all that's going on in the Caribbean. Our neighbours are going through some seriously trying times and I implore you to give whatever you can. 🙏

I didn't even realise that this was a running theme. Last year's was especially good since it featured some of my favourite combinations. Like last year, makeup seems to have taken a backseat this Summer.


There's only one item here that surprised me...but let me not get ahead of myself.
Y'all know exfoliators are a must in my skin and body care routine so the Bath & Body Works 'Lavender & Sandalwood' Clay Body Scrub and Coco Shea 'Coconut' Richly Nourishing Body Buff (thanks to the Mistress!) should come as no real shocker. Both smell amazing; again no shocker since regular readers know I'm a firm aromatherapy believer. Visit Inyouvations in Sheraton for all your Bath & Body Works products. Continuing on the Bath & Body Works train, the…