Skip to main content

Product Rave: Rimmel London Show Off Lip Lacquer - 102 'Nova'

Happy Valentine's Day!

Firstly, let me thank my 'Sister' Sharalee for the hook up. Not only did she tell me I could hop on an order she was making; she brought her own to show me what the products actually looked like. If that ain't some makeup bonding I dunno what is.

Of course way before that day I had seen these blowing up YouTube. My interest was peaked but as I'm sure you're tired of hearing me say, I really don't need any more lip products. But Sharalee got me, how could I pass the opportunity up? I ordered the extremely popular 'Apocaliptic', 'Nova' and 'Big Bang'. From my last post you saw I recently ordered 'Celestial'. These lip lacquers launched in the UK first as Apocalips but were re branded Show Off for the US and international (I guess) market. The colour names remain the same though.

Google image

For live swatches check out Keisha's video:



This rave is about 'Nova' specifically since that's the one I've used the most.

Rimmel London Show Off Lip Lacquer Swatches: 'Celestial', 'Nova' and 'Big Bang' - www.modenmakeup.com
Left to right: 'Celestial', 'Nova' and 'Big Bang'

Rimmel London Show Off Lip Lacquer Swatch: 'Nova' - www.modenmakeup.com
When will I learn my angles? *sob*

I absolutely love this shade of pink. I love the doe foot applicator. Especially the "well" in the middle of it which allows me to cover my lips in one dip. The tip of the wand comes in handy for a colour like 'Big Bang' where you want to make sure the placement is precise. I have worn 'Nova' with and without a lip liner. Lip liners are often recommended as an anti feathering measure and to extend wear time. Speaking of pro longing wear time, if you put one of these on top of the Too Faced Lip Insurance, you may never see the need for lipstick again. 'Nova' doesn't have a high shine finish like 'Big Bang' which appeals to me all the more. I love the look of matte lips but hate the drying texture such products often cause. These lip lacquers do not cause my lips to get chapped or flaky. 

Rimmel London Show Off Lip Lacquer: 'Celestial' packaging - www.modenmakeup.com
Doe foot applicator shown on 'Celestial'

This is officially my "I wanna wear lipstick but don't really wanna overdo it" colour.

Rimmel London Show Off Lip Lacquer Swatch: 'Nova' - www.modenmakeup.com
All the fun is happening on Instagram. #nofilter LOL

In case you're wondering what happened to 'Apocaliptic' I gave it to a staunch #TeamModen supporter, Victoria and she loves it.

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Riley Good Genes versus Drunk Elephant T.L.C Framboos Glycolic Night Serum

If you're an avid YouTube watcher you've probably heard about these products. Both brands blew up on the skincare seen in short order as expensive, but effective. If you're like me you quickly began to wonder: which is better? Short answer: it depends.


Long answer...

I've mentioned Good Genes a few times before on the blog. This 'all-in-one lactic acid treatment' is raved about by the likes of Stephanie Nicole and Caroline Hirons.

From the box: "Deeply exfoliates the dull surface of the skin for clarity, radiance, and younger-looking skin. Visibly brightens the appearance of age spots and discolorations. Instantly plumps the look of fine lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes*

*Clinically tested and proven to significantly improve the appearance of lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes. Results obtained via profilometry analysis.

With Key Ingredients:

Purified Lactic Acid: One of the most hydrating Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs), Lactic Acid exfoliates the surface layers of t…

It's A Dupe!

posted on our Facebook page April 12, 2013 "DUPE ALERT: M.A.C Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Dark vs Maybelline Fit Me! in 355 Coconut. Both look the same applied to the face and are the same texture when swatched. The Mineralize Skinfinish Natural is bigger by 1 gram but the Fit Me! is significantly cheap... *ahem* more "inexpensive". There is one shade darker in the M.A.C version but 355 is the darkest shade in the Maybelline. (I'm NC50). If you go through a lot of face powder it's worth a shot - LR"
Talk about a throwback!
I watched a dupe video on YouTube recently where this comparison was mentioned and it reminded me that I had the same thought a while ago. The finish on the skin is identical. Since this original post M.A.C has changed the packaging on their Mineralize line and Maybelline has rebranded/re categorised the Fit Me! range into: Dewy/Set + Smooth and Matte + Poreless.
M.A.C says: "A slow-baked powder with 77-Mineral Complex that provid…