Skip to main content

Product Rave: rms beauty lip & skin balm 'simply vanilla'

Funny story: I wasn't planning on blogging tonight but I just went to moisturize my lips before bed and picked up my M.A.C lip conditioner. YouTube vlogger Crystal loves this product and mentions it repeatedly in her Favourites videos. I hate it. Hate is a strong word but yuh get my meaning. I don't know how I forgot to add it to this top ten list. Anyho, as soon as it sunk in (read: disappeared) I reached for the rms...and the rest is this post.

I only purchased this lip balm about a month ago but already I'm a believer. Unlike the atrocity mentioned above this product actually sticks around post application. Your lips actually feel hydrated and not merely coated with a waxy barrier. Not saying the M.A.C one does that cause it don't do nuttin but create a slippery mess.
From the site: "each ingredient in this award-winning and skin rejuvenating formula has been carefully selected for its traditional healing abilities. Superior biologically active ingredients support natural skin functions, giving you a visibly healthier appearance. Use regularly to heal, protect and hydrate skin. Helps soften fine lines and give skin a smooth texture. Massage this special balm over any part of the skin, particularly the lips, underneath the eyes, any laugh lines and cuticles where it can nourish skin to hydrate and soften. Can also be used around the eye area at nighttime and is great for traveling".
Although it's in a glass jar it is great for travelling since the jar is thick. Yet the packaging is small and compact. The threads on the mouth of the jar are thick and the tin cover fits them very snug; so you don't have to worry about the product becoming undone and getting all over your other cosmetics.

[Click photo to shop]

Since it penetrates the lips so quickly, it's perfect for use under drying lip products (read: Ruby Woo). The formula doesn't interfere with lipsticks or liners used in conjunction with it. I have also used it on my cuticles cause yuh girl is lazy and only busts out my CND Solar Oil when I'm painting my nails. The balm leaves no colour behind so it's perfectly fine to use on other parts of the body as indicated by the website. The vanilla scent is very slight, not overpowering in the least.

If I used to carry this around in my bag I would probably reapply every hour. I don't do that because it's in a pot and I find lip glosses in a tube easier to use on the go (although I always have one of those Bath and Body Works PocketBac thingies with me so dirty hands ain't a excuse). So just using at home, I guess these 5.67 grams will last a while. Or not, cause I already have a pretty good dent in the product already O_o. The balm retails for $25 USD on rms beauty and $78 BDS ($62.50 duty free) from Pure Source Barbados.
This is the only thing besides my beloved A+D Original Ointment that I will use if my lips are having a bad reaction to something. That makes it worth it to me.

Happy Friday!

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Riley Good Genes versus Drunk Elephant T.L.C Framboos Glycolic Night Serum

If you're an avid YouTube watcher you've probably heard about these products. Both brands blew up on the skincare seen in short order as expensive, but effective. If you're like me you quickly began to wonder: which is better? Short answer: it depends.


Long answer...

I've mentioned Good Genes a few times before on the blog. This 'all-in-one lactic acid treatment' is raved about by the likes of Stephanie Nicole and Caroline Hirons.

From the box: "Deeply exfoliates the dull surface of the skin for clarity, radiance, and younger-looking skin. Visibly brightens the appearance of age spots and discolorations. Instantly plumps the look of fine lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes*

*Clinically tested and proven to significantly improve the appearance of lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes. Results obtained via profilometry analysis.

With Key Ingredients:

Purified Lactic Acid: One of the most hydrating Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs), Lactic Acid exfoliates the surface layers of t…

Top Ten Sephora VIB Sale Recommendations

It's that time again. I'm not sure of the dates as yet but one major thing has changed: Sephora no longer ships to commercial addresses 😡I discovered this recently after two of my orders were cancelled. Their customer service said it is something they were cracking down on since late July. Stupse. Sephora clearly ain't care about those of us who have to use mail forwarders. Soooooo yeah...less hauls for me in the future which I am annoyed about. More money for Beautylish den *insert Kanye shrug*

Regular readers have seen my wish list posts every time the sale is approaching. I love watching these types of videos on YouTube so I always want to throw my hat in the ring. There are a couple recommendation posts on this blog as well but this year I wanted to narrow it down to my top ten. Now, of course they're plenty favourites I'd like to mention but in efforts to make this concise...

please click all links provided for more information

Sunday Riley Good Genes


After con…