Skip to main content

Tool Rave: Urban Decay Grindhouse


Yes it's a sharpener, but trust me not all sharpeners are created equal.

From the site: "Designed for use with our ENTIRE pencil lineup, Grindhouse includes two sharpeners. Use the slimline sharpener with our 24/7 Glide-On Eye and Lip Pencils and the larger sharpener with our thick-barreled 24/7 Concealer Pencils, 24/7 Shadow Pencils and Super-Saturated pencils. Each blade is made of durable steel infused with 1% carbon to prevent rust. This sharpener also works with most other brands' big and small pencils (if you must) and includes a plastic pick for scraping and dislodging shavings to keep the blades free of gunk".

If I had used this before December last year it would have been in my Top Ten series. It's a shame I waited so long 'cause I had this for a while.

Urban Decay and Tarte haul www.modenmakeup.com

posted on our Facebook page October 25, 2012

I real shame.

In my defense, I have regular sharpeners - even a double barrel one - and figured this was the same. Boy was I wrong, this sharpens everything CLEAN. As in back to its original form. I am beyond impressed. Now when they are sold as a part of these Ocho Loco 24/7 eyeliner sets that's a definite bonus but even standalone at $10USD, I think it's worth it. Think of all the product you will save by not constantly having a broken point. No rough edges to scrape your eyes or lips. Just dreamy!

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Riley Good Genes versus Drunk Elephant T.L.C Framboos Glycolic Night Serum

If you're an avid YouTube watcher you've probably heard about these products. Both brands blew up on the skincare seen in short order as expensive, but effective. If you're like me you quickly began to wonder: which is better? Short answer: it depends.


Long answer...

I've mentioned Good Genes a few times before on the blog. This 'all-in-one lactic acid treatment' is raved about by the likes of Stephanie Nicole and Caroline Hirons.

From the box: "Deeply exfoliates the dull surface of the skin for clarity, radiance, and younger-looking skin. Visibly brightens the appearance of age spots and discolorations. Instantly plumps the look of fine lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes*

*Clinically tested and proven to significantly improve the appearance of lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes. Results obtained via profilometry analysis.

With Key Ingredients:

Purified Lactic Acid: One of the most hydrating Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs), Lactic Acid exfoliates the surface layers of t…

Summer Standouts

It feels strange to talk about beauty products with all that's going on in the Caribbean. Our neighbours are going through some seriously trying times and I implore you to give whatever you can. 🙏

I didn't even realise that this was a running theme. Last year's was especially good since it featured some of my favourite combinations. Like last year, makeup seems to have taken a backseat this Summer.


There's only one item here that surprised me...but let me not get ahead of myself.
Y'all know exfoliators are a must in my skin and body care routine so the Bath & Body Works 'Lavender & Sandalwood' Clay Body Scrub and Coco Shea 'Coconut' Richly Nourishing Body Buff (thanks to the Mistress!) should come as no real shocker. Both smell amazing; again no shocker since regular readers know I'm a firm aromatherapy believer. Visit Inyouvations in Sheraton for all your Bath & Body Works products. Continuing on the Bath & Body Works train, the…