Skip to main content

Overview: NYX Butter Gloss

I know we've been crushing on NYX a lot recently but it's not without reason. NYX has released a lot of great lip products late 2013 and all of YouTube is abuzz with glowing reviews. Thankfully we have access to NYX in Barbados so we can easily get in on the goodies too. I purchased my first Butter Gloss in 'Apple Strudel' the same time I bought one for our 8th Giveaway last year but I didn't use it until months later.


When I finally did I was very impressed. 'Apple Strudel' shows up as a sheer peach gloss on me but the formula is what won me over. As the name implies it's creamy and smooth like butter. It spreads on the lips with no problems and leaves a glossy finish. It isn't tacky and smells sweet.

From the site: "Buttery soft and silky smooth, our scrumptious new Butter Lip Gloss tastes as sweet as a sugar cookie—and makes your lips look downright luscious. Swipe it on alone or over your favorite lipstick for creamy sheer to medium coverage that melts onto your lips and is never sticky.

• What it is: It’s buttery lip gloss with a sweet scent that provides sheer to medium coverage on your lips without that sticky feeling.

• What it does: Provides nourishment with a flush of color on your lips giving you the perfect pout.

• Why we love it: Adore that it can be worn alone or over your favorite lipstick! It’s delicious and gorgeous at the same time.

Artist tips / Suggested use

• How to use: Apply on lips with the applicator included alone or over your favorite lipstick making your lips appear more voluptuous".

I really wanted to get more but I'm on that Make Out 2014 challenge and lip gloss is definitely one thing I don't need any more of. The Mistress felt for me and gave me 'Praline' and 'Raspberry Tart' for Valentine's Day. Thank you Sweetie!

'Raspberry Tart'

'Praline'

'Cupcake'

I like that the colours are sheer but still contain enough pigment so they are distinguishable from each other. The colour is buildable as seen above with 'Cupcake' (two layers). I would advise against putting on too much though, because if you do that the gloss does pool/gather at the edges of the lips when you rub them together. The standard sized doe foot applicator is a breeze to use. The formula doesn't dehydrate the lips and I have to apply about every three hours to build back up the colour. I imagine these glosses will look amazing when you pair them with a complimentary lip liner. Perfect for you ladies who don't like wearing lipstick.

YouTube Vlogger African Export, did a video showing a couple of these swatched as well as the Soft Matte Lip Creams that Heidi recently raved about.


These Butter Glosses are a hit for me. You can find them at Exotica Makeup and Extensions for $25BDS, #1 Beauty Supply for $15BDS or NYX for $5USD . **At the time of writing this #1 doesn't have the newer colours**

NYX Butter Gloss display in Exotica Makeup and Extensions, Bridgetown

New lip products display in Exotica Makeup and Extensions, Bridgetown

NYX display in #1 Beauty Supply, Bridgetown

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Riley Good Genes versus Drunk Elephant T.L.C Framboos Glycolic Night Serum

If you're an avid YouTube watcher you've probably heard about these products. Both brands blew up on the skincare seen in short order as expensive, but effective. If you're like me you quickly began to wonder: which is better? Short answer: it depends.


Long answer...

I've mentioned Good Genes a few times before on the blog. This 'all-in-one lactic acid treatment' is raved about by the likes of Stephanie Nicole and Caroline Hirons.

From the box: "Deeply exfoliates the dull surface of the skin for clarity, radiance, and younger-looking skin. Visibly brightens the appearance of age spots and discolorations. Instantly plumps the look of fine lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes*

*Clinically tested and proven to significantly improve the appearance of lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes. Results obtained via profilometry analysis.

With Key Ingredients:

Purified Lactic Acid: One of the most hydrating Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs), Lactic Acid exfoliates the surface layers of t…

It's A Dupe!

Long time no dupe.

Corny? I know. I try.

Faithful readers would have seen me rave about the Becca Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector, a.k.a Face Cement, numerous times. Well, we have a dupe: The Make Up For Ever (MUFE) Step 1 Skin Equalizer Mattifying Primer. I knew it instantly. So instantly that I've used the MUFE twice and decided that it's ridiculous to keep both since they are the same.

You can read all about the Becca primer in the link above so I'm just going to talk about the MUFE version here.

swatches straight from the tubes swatches blended out
Can you tell which is which? No? Well, neither can I.
From the MUFE site -  "Details: STEP1 Skin Equalizer triples the power of your foundation: easier application, optimized makeup result, improved wear. STEP1 is the range of skin equalizers developed to refine, smooth and even out. Our exclusive Equalizer Complex delivers 3 key actions:

- APPLICATION : makeup goes on seamlessly
- RESULT : optimized color & finis…