Skip to main content

31 blogs to go!! Challenge Accepted.

Hello Mavenz,

I have to start by saying that Lucinda Robinson has been a HUGE blessing to me and the Moden Family. She is my sister and I love her. More on this later in March.

So of course out the blocks I'm behind. It's the 2nd of March and I'm playing catchup. But I'm going to get on track. I have a lot to share.

I LOVE makeup and I find it thrilling to be able to change my look at any time, any day. Since I have to wear it everyday, I find it challenging to create new looks. But, the beauty of it is, that you can expand your skill set, learn more about your features and use all the products in your possession over time.

So last week, I challenged myself to try a softer look. My makeup look is usually either over the top or wayyyy simple. I went for soft pinks:

I used all NYX eye products and Revlon Colorstay 24 hr Foundation in Mahogany. 
I hardly ever wear pink eyeshadow, and my lip colour is always bright or outrageously pigmented. This look got great reviews on social media. And I may even attempt my first pictorial to recreate it for you. Only if you comment below :) So here's your challenge for MARCH, 2014. Try a new makeup look this month. If you've never done winged liner, attempt it. A nude lip or smoky eye, go for it. Guess what? It washes off after you apply it :)  Makeup is about creativity, exploring new techniques, products and ideas. Life is too short to stick to the basics. Go hard or go home #TeamModenApproved

I created a soft smoked out eye look with a subtle pink wash on the lid, orange in the crease and the liner is a work in progess. I prefer gel, this was LA Girl Fine Line. 

It was nighttime but, the blending was good.

After 9 hours of wear.

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Riley Good Genes versus Drunk Elephant T.L.C Framboos Glycolic Night Serum

If you're an avid YouTube watcher you've probably heard about these products. Both brands blew up on the skincare seen in short order as expensive, but effective. If you're like me you quickly began to wonder: which is better? Short answer: it depends.


Long answer...

I've mentioned Good Genes a few times before on the blog. This 'all-in-one lactic acid treatment' is raved about by the likes of Stephanie Nicole and Caroline Hirons.

From the box: "Deeply exfoliates the dull surface of the skin for clarity, radiance, and younger-looking skin. Visibly brightens the appearance of age spots and discolorations. Instantly plumps the look of fine lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes*

*Clinically tested and proven to significantly improve the appearance of lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes. Results obtained via profilometry analysis.

With Key Ingredients:

Purified Lactic Acid: One of the most hydrating Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs), Lactic Acid exfoliates the surface layers of t…

It's A Dupe!

Long time no dupe.

Corny? I know. I try.

Faithful readers would have seen me rave about the Becca Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector, a.k.a Face Cement, numerous times. Well, we have a dupe: The Make Up For Ever (MUFE) Step 1 Skin Equalizer Mattifying Primer. I knew it instantly. So instantly that I've used the MUFE twice and decided that it's ridiculous to keep both since they are the same.

You can read all about the Becca primer in the link above so I'm just going to talk about the MUFE version here.

swatches straight from the tubes swatches blended out
Can you tell which is which? No? Well, neither can I.
From the MUFE site -  "Details: STEP1 Skin Equalizer triples the power of your foundation: easier application, optimized makeup result, improved wear. STEP1 is the range of skin equalizers developed to refine, smooth and even out. Our exclusive Equalizer Complex delivers 3 key actions:

- APPLICATION : makeup goes on seamlessly
- RESULT : optimized color & finis…