Skip to main content

Revisit: L'Oreal Shine Caresse Stain 'Juliet'

Researching this has shown that these big companies does sometimes do a buhriffle of foolishness when releasing products internationally. In the US market these are called "Colour Caresse" and they're 12 shades (launched since December 2012). In the UK they're known as "Glam Shine Stain Splash" and everywhere else they're called "Shine Caresse". I picked one up from Cave Shepherd in '300 Juliet' (which isn't in the range on the American market). The sticker on the bottom just has 'Carisse'. This same item is labelled number 702 in the Asian Pacific and Australian market. So I dunno...

You can see the Australian releases swatched on the lips below:


From the L'Oreal site: "Discover a stain that thinks it’s a gloss. Now hydration & shine meet lasting, lightweight color. Colour Caresse Wet Shine Stain combines the power of a lip stain with lip-gloss luster. This next generation lip stain, formulated with a blend of light hydrating oils & concentrated pigments, delivers lasting color with a glossy finish. Packed with 30% water, Colour Caresse Wet Shine Stain leaves lips soft, comfortable and hydrated for up to 6 hours.
Lipstain Power: Fresh color feels barely there
Lipgloss Shine: Lacquer shine + Non-Sticky feel
Caring Color: 6HR continuous hydration"

That last claim is a joke. I titled this a revisit because since I purchased this last year I've only used it once.

posted on our Facebook page May 10, 2013

At the time of purchase I was given no application instructions. So when I tried it initially I was underwhelmed with the colour. Regarding longevity it was normal i.e. a bit drying but the stain did last. I rarely touch up my makeup when I'm out so I'm always on the hunt for low maintenance products.

This was a day of first! Red extensions and brows to boot. Brows done by M.A.C Artist Celina (y'all know I couldn't muster that on my own).
One coat.

Recently I was watching a rave review on the relatively new YSL Nude Glossy Stains and the vlogger mentioned that you have to apply three coats, waiting in between applications until the previous coat dried. The proverbial light bulb went off.

Taken January 31, 2014.
Three coats.

Ba-da-bing! So many women asked me that day what I had on my lips. Now I'm not saying these products are perfect: I swear this smells like Histal. It doesn't linger but sheesh. As I mentioned previously they can be a little drying so make sure you moisturize your lips before you start your makeup routine. YouTube vlogger Judy, doesn't like them because they wear away patchy. That can emphasize dry sections of your lips. Re-applying the product, say every three hours or so, eliminates this issue.

 

If you can get over the scent and the $27.99BDS cost (they're cheaper in Collins), I'd say it's worth it for the lasting power. It's a cheaper alternative to the Make Up Aqua Rouges that I love. One thing I have to mention about these stain like products though: it's best to re-apply with only the product or in the case of the Aqua Rouge, the gloss provided. I've found that going over these types of long wear lip products with another gloss or balm cause them to break down and become "bitty". That surely isn't a good look.

Have you tried these confusingly named things? What are your thoughts?

**Update**
The range available in Collins is the US releases. Available for $19.95.


Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Riley Good Genes versus Drunk Elephant T.L.C Framboos Glycolic Night Serum

If you're an avid YouTube watcher you've probably heard about these products. Both brands blew up on the skincare seen in short order as expensive, but effective. If you're like me you quickly began to wonder: which is better? Short answer: it depends.


Long answer...

I've mentioned Good Genes a few times before on the blog. This 'all-in-one lactic acid treatment' is raved about by the likes of Stephanie Nicole and Caroline Hirons.

From the box: "Deeply exfoliates the dull surface of the skin for clarity, radiance, and younger-looking skin. Visibly brightens the appearance of age spots and discolorations. Instantly plumps the look of fine lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes*

*Clinically tested and proven to significantly improve the appearance of lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes. Results obtained via profilometry analysis.

With Key Ingredients:

Purified Lactic Acid: One of the most hydrating Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs), Lactic Acid exfoliates the surface layers of t…

Top Ten Sephora VIB Sale Recommendations

It's that time again. I'm not sure of the dates as yet but one major thing has changed: Sephora no longer ships to commercial addresses 😡I discovered this recently after two of my orders were cancelled. Their customer service said it is something they were cracking down on since late July. Stupse. Sephora clearly ain't care about those of us who have to use mail forwarders. Soooooo yeah...less hauls for me in the future which I am annoyed about. More money for Beautylish den *insert Kanye shrug*

Regular readers have seen my wish list posts every time the sale is approaching. I love watching these types of videos on YouTube so I always want to throw my hat in the ring. There are a couple recommendation posts on this blog as well but this year I wanted to narrow it down to my top ten. Now, of course they're plenty favourites I'd like to mention but in efforts to make this concise...

please click all links provided for more information

Sunday Riley Good Genes


After con…