Skip to main content

Would I Repurchase? Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque


I'm sure I've seen the Queen Helene products around for years before I purchased anything from the line. One day at Stacey's house I noticed she had the Mud Pack Masque and I asked her what she thought of it. She loves the stuff. That surely tipped me over the edge.

As seen in Caribbean Queen, Bridge Street

I purchased a tub of the Mint Julep Masque from Caribbean Queen about two years ago and have used it intermittently until this week. I stored it in the refrigerator to boost that cooling sensation you get from mint products. Y'all remember that St. Ives mint hair treatment? That also meant that I forgot to use it frequently. Pity.
From the site: "Mint Julep Masque is the original natural home treatment to absorb excess oil, and help minimize appearance of pores. Simply apply Mint Julep Masque to your clean face and neck. As it firms and hardens within minutes, it draws out impurities from your pores. After the masque is removed, your skin will feel clean, refreshed and smooth".

See me outchea embarrassing myself for you?

My skin most definitely feels clean, refreshed and smooth after I use this. With regular use I can see it assisting with the reduction of oil secretion because of its clay properties. To top it off, we just feel better when we pamper ourselves and this is a good start for a 'Me Time' session.
Like most people, my pores are most prevalent above my cheek bones. Foundations don't emphasize this but overly shimmering highlighters do. While this mask is on you see every pore in your face. Errrrrrrrrrrrrr one. So I hope that it's drawing the impurities out cause it sure knows how to find them.

As seen in Caribbean Queen

There's a scrub too!
As seen in Collins

As seen in Diamond Girl

As seen in Diamond Girl

For the price and the length of time this product lasts, I would most certainly repurchase. I also like the fact that it doesn't have a lot of ingredients in it. I'm going to try it in the tube the next time though cause the product hardens in the tub as you're approaching the end and that makes it more difficult to use. I ended up throwing it away.



Have you had any success with the Queen Helene line?

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Riley Good Genes versus Drunk Elephant T.L.C Framboos Glycolic Night Serum

If you're an avid YouTube watcher you've probably heard about these products. Both brands blew up on the skincare seen in short order as expensive, but effective. If you're like me you quickly began to wonder: which is better? Short answer: it depends.


Long answer...

I've mentioned Good Genes a few times before on the blog. This 'all-in-one lactic acid treatment' is raved about by the likes of Stephanie Nicole and Caroline Hirons.

From the box: "Deeply exfoliates the dull surface of the skin for clarity, radiance, and younger-looking skin. Visibly brightens the appearance of age spots and discolorations. Instantly plumps the look of fine lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes*

*Clinically tested and proven to significantly improve the appearance of lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes. Results obtained via profilometry analysis.

With Key Ingredients:

Purified Lactic Acid: One of the most hydrating Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs), Lactic Acid exfoliates the surface layers of t…

Summer Standouts

It feels strange to talk about beauty products with all that's going on in the Caribbean. Our neighbours are going through some seriously trying times and I implore you to give whatever you can. 🙏

I didn't even realise that this was a running theme. Last year's was especially good since it featured some of my favourite combinations. Like last year, makeup seems to have taken a backseat this Summer.


There's only one item here that surprised me...but let me not get ahead of myself.
Y'all know exfoliators are a must in my skin and body care routine so the Bath & Body Works 'Lavender & Sandalwood' Clay Body Scrub and Coco Shea 'Coconut' Richly Nourishing Body Buff (thanks to the Mistress!) should come as no real shocker. Both smell amazing; again no shocker since regular readers know I'm a firm aromatherapy believer. Visit Inyouvations in Sheraton for all your Bath & Body Works products. Continuing on the Bath & Body Works train, the…