Skip to main content

First Impression: NYX Invincible Fullest Coverage Foundation

Hi Everyone,


New goodies available at Exotica Makeup & Extensions

According to NYX' website:
If you have something to hide, we have got the perfect solution for you! NYX Invincible Fullest Coverage Foundation offers exceptional coverage with a long-lasting, natural-looking finish. The incredibly high-pigment load has the super powers to conquer even the most challenging coverups including skin discolorations and more. The finished look is soft, matte, beautiful and flawless. 



NYX Invincible Fullest Coverage Foundation - $30BDS
The packaging caught my eye. It's compact, and I love anything black, it always looks sleek. I like the fact that it's in a squeeze tube, only downside is that the formula is slightly runny, even after the shakeups and so it's necessary to use a little at a time, since you can't squeeze it back in :) 

Here's what it looked like on mah face: 

Full face, including light highlight with Caramel from the same range.
This was after about 5/6 hours of wear and one touch up. It gave a soft, flawless finish, that reminded me of the MAC MatchMaster  and I really liked how clean my skin looked after applying a thin layer. Now about four hours after application my blemishes and a few dark spots were visible and I did NOT take photos of that, I simply touched up with my Graftobian Face Powder in Bronze Tone and a little of the Graftobian French Silk Cashmere Powder and that was it. 

So here is my first impression: 

Price: $30 Decent. But since after only 4 hours of wear it was WORN, I'd add the $7 and go for my Revlon Colorstay. 
Coverage: Medium to Full. But it is buildable and, dries to a semi-matte finish.
Fragrance: It just smells clean.
Longevity: It does not claim to be long wearing, so don't expect a miracle, but minor adjustments may be made like adding a setting spray (which I did not), or using an oil control product prior to application (I did).

A few things I must point out! 

These are the shades available at Exotica right now: 


(l-r): Cocoa, Chestnut, Caramel, Tan, Warm Tan

And these are the darkest shades NYX has this product in. I had to mix two of them to get my shade. So that means I'd have to purchase two of these foundations and that's no bueno in my book. I'm a one stop shopper. 

These are the two I mixed: 

(l-r) Cocoa & Chestnut
So if you're in the market for a fairly inexpensive, decent quality, full coverage foundation. Try this. I deem it #teammodenapproved, but be prepared to spend about $60 if you are a lady with a deeper skin tone. In any event, I love trying anything once, and if you find it doesn't work for you. Stay tuned, there may be an outlet for you to redeem some cash when you purchase a product that doesn't fit your bill ;) 

xoxo
Heidi 

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Riley Good Genes versus Drunk Elephant T.L.C Framboos Glycolic Night Serum

If you're an avid YouTube watcher you've probably heard about these products. Both brands blew up on the skincare seen in short order as expensive, but effective. If you're like me you quickly began to wonder: which is better? Short answer: it depends.


Long answer...

I've mentioned Good Genes a few times before on the blog. This 'all-in-one lactic acid treatment' is raved about by the likes of Stephanie Nicole and Caroline Hirons.

From the box: "Deeply exfoliates the dull surface of the skin for clarity, radiance, and younger-looking skin. Visibly brightens the appearance of age spots and discolorations. Instantly plumps the look of fine lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes*

*Clinically tested and proven to significantly improve the appearance of lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes. Results obtained via profilometry analysis.

With Key Ingredients:

Purified Lactic Acid: One of the most hydrating Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs), Lactic Acid exfoliates the surface layers of t…

Mask Monday | Garnier SkinActive Moisture Bomb Sheet Mask

Back at it 😊

I gotta be honest wid y'all, so far I like I ain't too fussy wid sheet masks yuh.

Anyho, details from the website:

"THE SUPER HYDRATING SHEET MASK - GLOW-BOOSTING

Product Information

Deeply hydrates, illuminates and enhances skin's radiance

This water-based hydrating sheet mask with Hyaluronic Acid, an ingredient naturally found in skin, floods skin with intense weightless hydration. Free of mineral oil and parabens, this non-greasy, intense glow-boosting formula, with Sakura extract, hydrates, illuminates and enhances skin's radiance.

Half a bottle of hydrating serum in 1 Garnier sheet mask

Delivers 24 hour long-lasting hydration

Helps prevent moisture loss throughout the day

Gives skin a luminous complexion and healthy looking radiance
Results: After 1 use -- skin is smoother and more luminous, complexion appears even and fresh
How To Use
1. Start with clean skin. Gently press the sheet mask on to the face with the blue side on top.

2. Peel off the blue film. …