Skip to main content

First Impression - Viva Glam Rihanna Lipstick

Hello beauties!!

Here's my FP of this coveted item!!

Now you all know I love my reds, pinks and purples, and the blue based reds are my friends!!

I love the fact that as soon as I put on a red lipstick I look all dressed up. AND when it comes this particular one, I love that ALL the proceeds go toward assisting people who are enduring their fight against HIV/AIDS.

Onto the meat:

Viva Glam Rihanna Lipstick is described on the website as:

"Rihanna's blue-red with frost finish. Every cent of the selling price of VIVA GLAM goes toward helping women, men and children living with and affected by HIV/AIDS. Limited-edition, soft-touch red packaging features RiRi's signature".

This is one of the ads/promo shots:

Now this lipstick right here...

So I decided to wear it to church yesterday, and of course, selfies were taken.

Vibrant and sparkly and red!! 

Lined with a Black Opal Lip Pencil.

So here are my first thoughts:

Packaging: Sleek and red! I love it. For both the lipglass and the lipstick. Typical layout, but the soft-touch is what caught me. I love the velvety smooth finish. I can't wait to put this on my lipstick stand (ahem) with my Feel My Pulse from the Temperature Rising collection and Deeply Adored from Marilyn (thanks Lucinda!!) That enabler encouraged me to buy them. Now I'm a self confessed MAC lipstick junkie >_<



It really is sleek and feels very plush and soft in the hands! 

Texture: Smooth, creamy and honestly, it feels quite moist. So I'd say it's a go for those of us with dry lips.

Pigmentation: Heavy! It goes on first swipe. Just needs to be evened out, which you can achieve with the product itself OR with a lip brush. 

Longevity: It's a red, so it can stain, but I like that. Means the colour is still visible after about 3/4 hours of wear. Include eating/drinking and I'd say two touch ups throughout an 8 hour day are required. Not bad to me :) 

Price: Typical MAC Barbados Pricing I think I paid $40/$50 for the Lipglass for the give..... well you know what for... and the lipstick pricing is pretty much the same.

I have to admit when my friend Evone and I first saw it, we did NOT like the colour. Then she went and tried it and said flat out NO. But after I saw Ackeem in it, chile I was SOLD!! So I'm glad I got it. Now to get the lipglass and complete my collection :D :D  So should you have this in YOUR collection? Well it IS limited edition and OF COURSE it has The RI RI on it. So what do you think??

Full review soon!

xoxo
Heidi 

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Riley Good Genes versus Drunk Elephant T.L.C Framboos Glycolic Night Serum

If you're an avid YouTube watcher you've probably heard about these products. Both brands blew up on the skincare seen in short order as expensive, but effective. If you're like me you quickly began to wonder: which is better? Short answer: it depends.


Long answer...

I've mentioned Good Genes a few times before on the blog. This 'all-in-one lactic acid treatment' is raved about by the likes of Stephanie Nicole and Caroline Hirons.

From the box: "Deeply exfoliates the dull surface of the skin for clarity, radiance, and younger-looking skin. Visibly brightens the appearance of age spots and discolorations. Instantly plumps the look of fine lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes*

*Clinically tested and proven to significantly improve the appearance of lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes. Results obtained via profilometry analysis.

With Key Ingredients:

Purified Lactic Acid: One of the most hydrating Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs), Lactic Acid exfoliates the surface layers of t…

Top Ten Sephora VIB Sale Recommendations

It's that time again. I'm not sure of the dates as yet but one major thing has changed: Sephora no longer ships to commercial addresses 😡I discovered this recently after two of my orders were cancelled. Their customer service said it is something they were cracking down on since late July. Stupse. Sephora clearly ain't care about those of us who have to use mail forwarders. Soooooo yeah...less hauls for me in the future which I am annoyed about. More money for Beautylish den *insert Kanye shrug*

Regular readers have seen my wish list posts every time the sale is approaching. I love watching these types of videos on YouTube so I always want to throw my hat in the ring. There are a couple recommendation posts on this blog as well but this year I wanted to narrow it down to my top ten. Now, of course they're plenty favourites I'd like to mention but in efforts to make this concise...

please click all links provided for more information

Sunday Riley Good Genes


After con…