Skip to main content

Product Rave: NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams

Hi Mavenz,

I love love love this product. NYX has definitely hit the nail on the head with this formula. I find the newer lighter shades like Cairo and Athens are excellent for neutral, nude looks and I absolutely NEED Prague in my collection. But I LOVE the darker colours in the range, Transylvania and Copenhagen.

Don't trip over the names. They are all major cities in the world and if you familiarise yourself with the cultures, you'll see why they were named as they were.

Here I mixed Monte Carlo & San Paulo, I LOVVVEED this combo. It was gorge! 


Here is a photo:

Find them here:

My favourites are San Paulo, Monte Carlo, Milan, Abu Dhabi and London. Transylvania, Copenhagen and Morocco are huge in my book as well. As the website describes, they aren't lipsticks or glosses. They apply wet and dry to a matte finish.

Pros:

Wide variety of colours and the perfect shade of red. Suits ANY skintone.
May be mixed and matched to create a custom colour.
Do not dry out the lips.
Comes with a handy dandy doe foot applicator, gets right into those corners and crevices for even application.

Cons:
If reapplied after first application, they tend to roll up on the lips and in some cases flake or crumble.
Some of the colours have to be layered OR applied, allowed to dry and reapplied.
The formula seems to dry out in tube, so use them up fast or store upside down.


This is Morocco. WE can wear brights too!! 


You will not regret purchasing this product, just try and select a complimentary shade for you. It is a must have! Trust ya girl!

xoxo
Heidi.

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Riley Good Genes versus Drunk Elephant T.L.C Framboos Glycolic Night Serum

If you're an avid YouTube watcher you've probably heard about these products. Both brands blew up on the skincare seen in short order as expensive, but effective. If you're like me you quickly began to wonder: which is better? Short answer: it depends.


Long answer...

I've mentioned Good Genes a few times before on the blog. This 'all-in-one lactic acid treatment' is raved about by the likes of Stephanie Nicole and Caroline Hirons.

From the box: "Deeply exfoliates the dull surface of the skin for clarity, radiance, and younger-looking skin. Visibly brightens the appearance of age spots and discolorations. Instantly plumps the look of fine lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes*

*Clinically tested and proven to significantly improve the appearance of lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes. Results obtained via profilometry analysis.

With Key Ingredients:

Purified Lactic Acid: One of the most hydrating Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs), Lactic Acid exfoliates the surface layers of t…

Summer Standouts

It feels strange to talk about beauty products with all that's going on in the Caribbean. Our neighbours are going through some seriously trying times and I implore you to give whatever you can. 🙏

I didn't even realise that this was a running theme. Last year's was especially good since it featured some of my favourite combinations. Like last year, makeup seems to have taken a backseat this Summer.


There's only one item here that surprised me...but let me not get ahead of myself.
Y'all know exfoliators are a must in my skin and body care routine so the Bath & Body Works 'Lavender & Sandalwood' Clay Body Scrub and Coco Shea 'Coconut' Richly Nourishing Body Buff (thanks to the Mistress!) should come as no real shocker. Both smell amazing; again no shocker since regular readers know I'm a firm aromatherapy believer. Visit Inyouvations in Sheraton for all your Bath & Body Works products. Continuing on the Bath & Body Works train, the…