Skip to main content

March Madness: 1 of 31. Thank You Heidi.

Uh barely mek it!

We're hoping *fingers crossed* to blog every day in March. Every. Single. Day. Bloggers know that is no cakewalk but hey, what's life without a challenge. There are a lot of topics I could have started with but this has been on my mind.

When my interest in cosmetics went into overdrive, I spoke to other makeup artists about their social media presence etc. If you didn't know I'm the Co-Founder of Interlace Inc. One of my roles in the Company is a Social Media Content Manager. Heidi is the only person that took my advice but she back raised me with a, "so you gine do it?" I could laugh now, but being a Product Analyst for Moden Makeup is certainly not what I envisioned when I first spoke to her about increasing her online reach.

Anyho, the rest is history. My thirst for information and specific love for product knowledge regarding what's best for our climate and skin tones has birthed this partnership that literally took me by surprise. Six or so years ago I was that girl at a M.A.C collection launch buying everything I thought looked pretty. Having little to no clue how to use it and worst, getting it home and wondering where my money went. I never want you to be that person.

Heidi gave me an opportunity that people I knew longer than her did not. She challenged me to 'put up or shut up' and it has been my aim to show her that I take her vouch of faith seriously. I know what it's like to build a brand, your baby, and take a risk to let people in. Entrepreneurship can be a lonely road if no one sees your vision and potential to manifest it. Being a part of Team Moden has broadened my knowledge of brands, products and people. My copious amounts of time watching YouTube reviews, hauls, and favourites videos will not go in vain. Honestly, I find watching those things more relaxing now than anything else. More importantly, the amount of time (and money) I have invested in testing products on myself and some friends (tee hee) will not go in vain. Moden has some big plans for 2014 and beyond; focused on bringing you the best information and services so you can make an informed decision.

Heidi and I at a M.A.C Technique, October 2012

So, I just had to tell Heidi for the millionth time, thank you. Your family welcomed me like they help raise me. LOL. And Anderson, well we sharing him forever!

At the Moden Makeup launch, October 2011

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Riley Good Genes versus Drunk Elephant T.L.C Framboos Glycolic Night Serum

If you're an avid YouTube watcher you've probably heard about these products. Both brands blew up on the skincare seen in short order as expensive, but effective. If you're like me you quickly began to wonder: which is better? Short answer: it depends.


Long answer...

I've mentioned Good Genes a few times before on the blog. This 'all-in-one lactic acid treatment' is raved about by the likes of Stephanie Nicole and Caroline Hirons.

From the box: "Deeply exfoliates the dull surface of the skin for clarity, radiance, and younger-looking skin. Visibly brightens the appearance of age spots and discolorations. Instantly plumps the look of fine lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes*

*Clinically tested and proven to significantly improve the appearance of lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes. Results obtained via profilometry analysis.

With Key Ingredients:

Purified Lactic Acid: One of the most hydrating Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs), Lactic Acid exfoliates the surface layers of t…

It's A Dupe!

Long time no dupe.

Corny? I know. I try.

Faithful readers would have seen me rave about the Becca Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector, a.k.a Face Cement, numerous times. Well, we have a dupe: The Make Up For Ever (MUFE) Step 1 Skin Equalizer Mattifying Primer. I knew it instantly. So instantly that I've used the MUFE twice and decided that it's ridiculous to keep both since they are the same.

You can read all about the Becca primer in the link above so I'm just going to talk about the MUFE version here.

swatches straight from the tubes swatches blended out
Can you tell which is which? No? Well, neither can I.
From the MUFE site -  "Details: STEP1 Skin Equalizer triples the power of your foundation: easier application, optimized makeup result, improved wear. STEP1 is the range of skin equalizers developed to refine, smooth and even out. Our exclusive Equalizer Complex delivers 3 key actions:

- APPLICATION : makeup goes on seamlessly
- RESULT : optimized color & finis…