Skip to main content

Let's Talk Polish

Have you checked out Mozaic in Limegrove yet? Excellent customer service and lookka that packaging!


Recently I went to see what new goodies were at Bio Beauty (435-9306). They also carry O.P.I polishes.



In their sale bin they had a few of the Liquid Sands polishes. I found this gem...

'It's Frosty Outside' (two coats)

I was surprised at how much I enjoyed that. You're not supposed to put a topcoat on those; I did and I could still feel the texture of the polish. It reminded me that I had a China Glaze glitter that I hadn't used in a while...


'Ruby Pumps'

Gorgeous; and it can be worn alone too. Two coats is magic. Speaking of glitter polishes, Kim from Bajan Beauty Blog told me that the ones from Butter London were her favourite. I took her advice:

'Fishwife' (two coats)

Errrrrrrrrrrrmahgad. Holographic heaven. Those Butter London polishes cost $39.45BDS so make sure you pick unique colours. Also, use a basecoat like Orly 'Bonder' or CND 'Stickey'; when I put this over the Nail Tek II it smudged very easily.

My sole dud was this p2 yellow polish but it sparked my current hunt for the perfect yellow and red, shade and formula. I'll chalk this experience up to user error. Cream polishes often give me trouble.

'Summer To Go!' 

Jessica Simpson wedges from Strut

I went to Sugar Cane Club's Spa again because I just love that massaging pedicure chair. The Manager, Barbara, hooked me up; it was great talking polish with her too :)


Manicure station

So I wouldn't feel guilty, I took my own polishes to get my toes and fingers done.

Sally Hansen Hard As Nails 'Firm Fig'

Essie 'Capri'

I have a weakness for hot pinks!

I'm currently wearing:

O.P.I 'Can't Find My Czechbook' from the Euro Centrale collection with a Sally Girl glitter

I don't know why they don't put the names on the minis!

That O.P.I required three coats to make it even (again, could just be user error) and it really made me appreciate glitter polishes even more. They're great at disguising streaky cream manicures.

I have no quarrels with this Orly formula though...

'Ma Cherie' (two coats)

Wedges are from ShoeDazzle

After using Wet n' Wild MegaLast 'I Red A Good Book' the other day I'm searching for the perfect red (shade and formula) for me.

If you're looking for some glitter polishes check out the new ones Collins has from the L'Oreal Color Riche line.

As seen in Collins today

And if you're wondering how to effectively clean up your mistakes, watch this video YouTube vlogger Nicole of Young Wild and Polished did:



Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Riley Good Genes versus Drunk Elephant T.L.C Framboos Glycolic Night Serum

If you're an avid YouTube watcher you've probably heard about these products. Both brands blew up on the skincare seen in short order as expensive, but effective. If you're like me you quickly began to wonder: which is better? Short answer: it depends.


Long answer...

I've mentioned Good Genes a few times before on the blog. This 'all-in-one lactic acid treatment' is raved about by the likes of Stephanie Nicole and Caroline Hirons.

From the box: "Deeply exfoliates the dull surface of the skin for clarity, radiance, and younger-looking skin. Visibly brightens the appearance of age spots and discolorations. Instantly plumps the look of fine lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes*

*Clinically tested and proven to significantly improve the appearance of lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes. Results obtained via profilometry analysis.

With Key Ingredients:

Purified Lactic Acid: One of the most hydrating Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs), Lactic Acid exfoliates the surface layers of t…

It's A Dupe!

posted on our Facebook page April 12, 2013 "DUPE ALERT: M.A.C Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Dark vs Maybelline Fit Me! in 355 Coconut. Both look the same applied to the face and are the same texture when swatched. The Mineralize Skinfinish Natural is bigger by 1 gram but the Fit Me! is significantly cheap... *ahem* more "inexpensive". There is one shade darker in the M.A.C version but 355 is the darkest shade in the Maybelline. (I'm NC50). If you go through a lot of face powder it's worth a shot - LR"
Talk about a throwback!
I watched a dupe video on YouTube recently where this comparison was mentioned and it reminded me that I had the same thought a while ago. The finish on the skin is identical. Since this original post M.A.C has changed the packaging on their Mineralize line and Maybelline has rebranded/re categorised the Fit Me! range into: Dewy/Set + Smooth and Matte + Poreless.
M.A.C says: "A slow-baked powder with 77-Mineral Complex that provid…