Skip to main content

Gratitude

curioushappyblogger.wordpress.com image 

Imagine I here checking old post to see if I missed any comments and discovered that that 22 year old cutie Christina from Chrisamor Goodie Jar nominated us for a Liebster Award. The purpose of the Liebster Award is to promote blogs that have less than 200 followers, and to generate attention towards them. I certainly appreciate the thought and welcome any chance to "pay it forward".

On to the questions...

1. What was your inspiration to start blogging and what keeps you inspired?

I think we started *this* blog, Heidi had two others before this, to expand on what we were doing on our Facebook page. Our Mavenz' feedback keeps us at it. Every question, comment, like, share, retweet...thank you, thank you, THANK YOU :)

2. What is your biggest source of joy at current?

Sleep.
Ok, onna real; helping people. I actually want that on every business card for all the companies I'm involved with: Lucinda Robinson. Helper.

3. How many siblings do you have?

I don't have any biological siblings, that I know of, but I have two "adopted" brothers and two sisters.

4. Stranded on a deserted island, what would be your essentials?

Water and chocolate. Preferably Cadbury Fruit and Nut but M&Ms would suffice.

5. What's your favourite ice cream flavour?

Chocolate. I know, borrrrrring.

6. What if the one thing you wish you could have most right now?

Besides 9 billion dollars in cash? Tods Gomminos. All. Of. Them.

7. How do you cope with sadness/disappointment?

I try to remember that sadness, much like all feelings, are temporary. Disappointment however gets me madder than a mofo! But hey, "this too shall pass".

8. When it comes to makeup, do you save or splurge?

Oh lord now. Errrr, both? I buy whatever tickles my fancy.

9. Who is your blogger crush?

Temptalia, duh!

10. Coffee, Tea or Hot chocolate?

Yuhheard?

11. What do you normally do before writing a blog post? 

Throw the product(s) I'm writing about on my bed.

Random facts time
  •  I really really wanted to be a professional dancer. 
  • "De darker de berry de sweeter de juice" <--- insert picture of Idris Elba
  • I believe the best type of people are considerate ones.
  • I find adding "or nah?" to the end of questions hilarious. Silly, but hilarious.
  • I only like Soca when I got in couple drinks. Except 'Breathless' by Blaxx and 'Possessed' by Kerwin Du Bois and Machel Montano. Leave me alonnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee 
  • Shoes are my poison of choice. #notsorandom
  • I try not to buy any more lip products. I swear.
  • I wanted to go to QC 'cause my two older 'cool' cousins went there.
  • The best school in the world is Wesley Hall Primary.
  • Dogs and cats > humans.
  • We're gonna pretend I put something witty here to end this.
My Liebster Award Nominees


Questions I'd like them to answer

1. Where is your favourite place in Barbados to shop for shoes?
2. What message do you hope to convey most via your blog?
3. Skittles or M&Ms?
4. What are you currently using now as a facial cleanser?
5. What character would you love to play in Game of Thrones?
6. Does your house have ac? If, yes; what are the directions? Cause the way this heat set up...
7. In what circumstances is the use of slang acceptable while blogging?
8. #TeamJoe or #TeamRyan?
9. In what year do you think Barbadian companies will take bloggers serious?
10. Who will win Road March this year?
11. What topic would you like to see more Barbadian bloggers focused on?

The Rules of the Liebster Award


1. Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you and display the award.
2. Answer eleven questions the blogger gives you.
3. Give eleven random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate eleven blogs you think are worthy of the award (but they must have less than 200 followers).
5. Let the bloggers know you nominated them.
6. Give them eleven questions to answer.

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Riley Good Genes versus Drunk Elephant T.L.C Framboos Glycolic Night Serum

If you're an avid YouTube watcher you've probably heard about these products. Both brands blew up on the skincare seen in short order as expensive, but effective. If you're like me you quickly began to wonder: which is better? Short answer: it depends.


Long answer...

I've mentioned Good Genes a few times before on the blog. This 'all-in-one lactic acid treatment' is raved about by the likes of Stephanie Nicole and Caroline Hirons.

From the box: "Deeply exfoliates the dull surface of the skin for clarity, radiance, and younger-looking skin. Visibly brightens the appearance of age spots and discolorations. Instantly plumps the look of fine lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes*

*Clinically tested and proven to significantly improve the appearance of lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes. Results obtained via profilometry analysis.

With Key Ingredients:

Purified Lactic Acid: One of the most hydrating Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs), Lactic Acid exfoliates the surface layers of t…

Summer Standouts

It feels strange to talk about beauty products with all that's going on in the Caribbean. Our neighbours are going through some seriously trying times and I implore you to give whatever you can. 🙏

I didn't even realise that this was a running theme. Last year's was especially good since it featured some of my favourite combinations. Like last year, makeup seems to have taken a backseat this Summer.


There's only one item here that surprised me...but let me not get ahead of myself.
Y'all know exfoliators are a must in my skin and body care routine so the Bath & Body Works 'Lavender & Sandalwood' Clay Body Scrub and Coco Shea 'Coconut' Richly Nourishing Body Buff (thanks to the Mistress!) should come as no real shocker. Both smell amazing; again no shocker since regular readers know I'm a firm aromatherapy believer. Visit Inyouvations in Sheraton for all your Bath & Body Works products. Continuing on the Bath & Body Works train, the…