Skip to main content

Making Up - Face (Step by Step Blogtorial)

Hiii Mavenz!!!

Now I love doing my makeup when I am not in a rush. So today with the rain and lovely, cool, gusts of wind, I decided to take advantage and try out some new products. 

This was the result. 

Fully beat - Sorry it was getting late in the evening so the lighting wasn't the best. 

I am a huge fan of the red lip. And my brows? Taming them is a Herculean task, but necessary. Here is what I did. 

1. Cleansed and moisturised my face.
2. Applied my Clearzit to ward off those pesky pimples.
3. Filled and sculpted my brows.
4. Applied NYX Angel Veil, I got a sample from TheMakeupGeeksCo (it is dabomb.com) for realllies!!! See below


It dries like MOM (milk of magnesia), and keeps the face matte for hours! Definitely worth a try for us oily ladies!!!!

5. Apply your eyeshadow, any colours you desire, just remember to blend please! 
6. Add your gel, liquid or pencil liner and wing it out ever so slightly, ahem.

Like so,


7. I also popped on a pair of lashes I purchased from Lady Moss Beauty Koko- in Ariel with my Star Glue. (Uh may zeeng)


8. Since this was in aid of honing my highlighting and contouring skills, I used the shade Almond from my Ben Nye Matte/Olive to highlight and the Espresso Shade to Contour... #beat 


9. I used my Beautyblender and Elf Studio Small Stipple Brush to blend it allll out.

10. I set the highlighted areas with my Ben Nye Banana Powder. And the darker areas with my Black Up Two Way Cake. 

That step yielded this result: 


I know! Not crazy looking or overdone right? Gosh those beauty blenders are IT! The real deal wins over the imitations. But if you own the imitation (I own both) use what you have.

11. I added Sleek Blush By 3 - in Sweet Cheeks and MAC Mineralized Skin Finish in Perfectly Poised (highlighter).


12. Lips: what a quandary. So I decided to offer you, my beauties options!!!


Glossy Pink- Sephora Collection Luster Matte Long Wear Lip Colour - in Magenta Luster (New Product Alert), Lipliner- LA Colors in Currant. (above)


Here I added MAC Feline.


Here, I used MAC Kohl Power Eye Pencil in Feline  with Sleek Matte Me in Rioja Red.


Above & Below: I tapped with my finger a little Wet N Wild Eyeshadow (orange) onto my lips and used my Bare Minerals Gloss over top. 



Spray with a setting spray and Voila!! Zee look is complete!! 

Hope you all enjoyed this!!! 

Here are some outtakes: 


Xoxo
Heidi.

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Riley Good Genes versus Drunk Elephant T.L.C Framboos Glycolic Night Serum

If you're an avid YouTube watcher you've probably heard about these products. Both brands blew up on the skincare seen in short order as expensive, but effective. If you're like me you quickly began to wonder: which is better? Short answer: it depends.


Long answer...

I've mentioned Good Genes a few times before on the blog. This 'all-in-one lactic acid treatment' is raved about by the likes of Stephanie Nicole and Caroline Hirons.

From the box: "Deeply exfoliates the dull surface of the skin for clarity, radiance, and younger-looking skin. Visibly brightens the appearance of age spots and discolorations. Instantly plumps the look of fine lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes*

*Clinically tested and proven to significantly improve the appearance of lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes. Results obtained via profilometry analysis.

With Key Ingredients:

Purified Lactic Acid: One of the most hydrating Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs), Lactic Acid exfoliates the surface layers of t…

Top Ten Sephora VIB Sale Recommendations

It's that time again. I'm not sure of the dates as yet but one major thing has changed: Sephora no longer ships to commercial addresses 😡I discovered this recently after two of my orders were cancelled. Their customer service said it is something they were cracking down on since late July. Stupse. Sephora clearly ain't care about those of us who have to use mail forwarders. Soooooo yeah...less hauls for me in the future which I am annoyed about. More money for Beautylish den *insert Kanye shrug*

Regular readers have seen my wish list posts every time the sale is approaching. I love watching these types of videos on YouTube so I always want to throw my hat in the ring. There are a couple recommendation posts on this blog as well but this year I wanted to narrow it down to my top ten. Now, of course they're plenty favourites I'd like to mention but in efforts to make this concise...

please click all links provided for more information

Sunday Riley Good Genes


After con…