Skip to main content

NYC Haul - Part 2

We're still debating if these hauls are a part of Make Out 2014...*tee hee*

These goodies were purchased in the flesh. This was my first time to the US in eons and my first opportunity to go into a Sephora store soooooo #IAintGawwTellYou

Heidi fag right out

Before I get caught up in the Rapture can we just take a moment to appreciate iHop...


Sweet baby Jesus.

I think the first store I went into that sold cosmetics was a Walgreens. My eyes were popping out from the time we entered. So many brands that aren't available in Barbados, wuh laus. Heidi kept telling me to pace myself because we'd see the items even cheaper at other stores. I only went for a face cleanser but I had to buy some sortta makeup right? Right?

The Motherload

The second set of makeup shopping was serious. We hit the Sephora on 34th Street and spend damn near four hours touching, testing, talking, swatching, oohhing, ahhhing...basically having the time of our lives. I had a list; I tell you it was serious! My primary focus was on skincare and foundations. That's where the lion share of my money went :( That whole not having the sales tax in the displayed price ain't fuh me yuh.

Expensive as $#&^
Peter Thomas Roth Camu Camu Vitamin C Brightening Serum and GlamGlow SuperMud Clearing Treatment

Many many many thanks to Trinice - the REN skincare representative - and Jessica and Janette from Soap and Glory. Those ladies were so much fun and extremely helpful :) Barbados could learn a thing or ten from Sephora's sample and gift-with-purchase policy.

All samples or gift-with-purchase

I can not tell you how great it was to be able to touch and try things that I've only been drooling over online. Sigh. The most incredible thing I felt was Hourglass eyeshadows. Heavens to megatroid. The Too Faced display had me in shambles and the Marc Jacobs nail polish display brought tears to my eyes.

I couldn't decide on which La Creme lipstick to get :'(

Looks like a picture I snuck before the security caught me

That day we also went through a huge Macy's. They had even more brands that were not available in Sephora. At this point, I was thinking it's a good thing I don't live in New York cause I would be broke as a joke.

The next set of damage was done at Bath and Body Works. Seems like I came just in time for the semi-annual sale. I swear I never wished to be rich like how I did when I saw that candle display.

Collective purchases, I swear. All the fun goes down on Instagram first.

I gave away some tings man. See? I ain't suh bad


Janelle, this one's for you!

Right next door, they had a sale too

On my last day I finally got into a Walmart and discovered that Heidi was not kidding; L'Oreal, Revlon, Rimmel London, CoverGirl, Physician's Formula, Maybelline etc. a plenty.

What an experience! One I'd certainly do all over again (with more money) :D

Of course, everything was purchased with review purposes in mind. So just to recap:

Face products:

L - R: Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray (travel size) , Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Airbrushing Pressed Powder (Talc Free) 'Translucent', Make Up For Ever HD Foundation #N175, Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation 'Sable'

Eye products:

L'Oreal Voluminous Miss Manga 'Blackest Black' and Laura Mercier Caviar Stick 'Amethyst'

Eyebrow products:

Anatasia Beverly Hills Beauty Genius Clear Waterproofing Gel and Maybelline Define-A-Brow 'Medium Brown'

Nail products: 

L - R: Rimmel London - 'Blue My Mind', 'Mintilicious' and 'Sunny Days', L'Oreal Extraordinaire Gel Lacque Steps 1 & 3, Formula X For Sephora - 'Enigma' and 'Phenomena' and NYC In A New York Color Minute 'Grand Central Station'

Lip products: 




L - R: Bite Beauty High Pigment Pencil 'Rhubarb', Buxom Full-On Lip Polish 'Nicole' (gift with purchase) and OCC Cosmetic Colour Pencil 'Black Dahlia'

Random:

LaVanilla The Healthy Deodorant (travel size) 'Pure Vanilla' #YouTubeMadeMeDoIt

Tings dat doan belongst tuh me *wink*:

Milani Baked Blush 'Bella Rosa' and Too Faced Perfect Lips Lip Liner 'Perfect Berry'

Sincere thanks to Heidi and her family for showing me a great time <3

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Riley Good Genes versus Drunk Elephant T.L.C Framboos Glycolic Night Serum

If you're an avid YouTube watcher you've probably heard about these products. Both brands blew up on the skincare seen in short order as expensive, but effective. If you're like me you quickly began to wonder: which is better? Short answer: it depends.


Long answer...

I've mentioned Good Genes a few times before on the blog. This 'all-in-one lactic acid treatment' is raved about by the likes of Stephanie Nicole and Caroline Hirons.

From the box: "Deeply exfoliates the dull surface of the skin for clarity, radiance, and younger-looking skin. Visibly brightens the appearance of age spots and discolorations. Instantly plumps the look of fine lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes*

*Clinically tested and proven to significantly improve the appearance of lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes. Results obtained via profilometry analysis.

With Key Ingredients:

Purified Lactic Acid: One of the most hydrating Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs), Lactic Acid exfoliates the surface layers of t…

It's A Dupe!

Long time no dupe.

Corny? I know. I try.

Faithful readers would have seen me rave about the Becca Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector, a.k.a Face Cement, numerous times. Well, we have a dupe: The Make Up For Ever (MUFE) Step 1 Skin Equalizer Mattifying Primer. I knew it instantly. So instantly that I've used the MUFE twice and decided that it's ridiculous to keep both since they are the same.

You can read all about the Becca primer in the link above so I'm just going to talk about the MUFE version here.

swatches straight from the tubes swatches blended out
Can you tell which is which? No? Well, neither can I.
From the MUFE site -  "Details: STEP1 Skin Equalizer triples the power of your foundation: easier application, optimized makeup result, improved wear. STEP1 is the range of skin equalizers developed to refine, smooth and even out. Our exclusive Equalizer Complex delivers 3 key actions:

- APPLICATION : makeup goes on seamlessly
- RESULT : optimized color & finis…