This is going to be a super quick read since as the title states it is a First Impressions post.
Gerard Cosmetics Color Your Smile Lighted Lip Glosses
Buy all of them. The end.
|Buttercream & Nude|
I endorse these lipglosses. The shipping to Barbados was not bad bad bad, but uh felt a soraway after week one (sad) as far as postage and turnaround time 2/3 weeks International Post) and I paid a mere $1.50BDS for three of them (one for Lucinda) at my local post office. Thank God, cause I was about to say where the heck are my glosses!! ADDICT!!! When Andy showed me that little blue paper yesterday morning I was out like a bullet. And collected my little package with glee!! I'm in desperate need of some retail therapy, and this just whet my appetite. Aye yi YAI!!!
I ordered Buttercream and Nude mainly because I am a sucker for a good solid review, and most of the people I checked out including the site itself indicated that nude is a must have in everyone's collection regardless of skintone (oh yea? Well lemme check dat fuh muhself I thought) AND buttercream was designed by Jaclyn Hill. SOLD!!
|Uh didn't even bother to do a full face, but ya know what's going down later today now? Nude|
Here are the pros and the cons so far:
- The lighter shades us women of colour will definitely have to use a liner with. Unless you like the 'rare' mouth look. So in my next purchase i'll be nabbing Cocoa Bean, Rose Hill, Summer Sun and Wild Orchid... obsessed much?
- The shipping time for a makeup addict is bordering on torturous. But to be fair, Cali is pretty far.
- Gerard Cosmetics needs to look at expanding their colour range. Us deeper ladies need love too!
- Highly Pigmented.
- Light, pleasant citrus fragrance.
- Smooth, even application.
- Didn't irritate my lips or cause chapping.
- Doe foot applicator makes it easy to place on the lips.
- When mixed with lipsticks, they shine beautifully.
- Lights up for easy reapplication in da cluuuubbb.
- Comes with a built in mirror.
- Buy all! I will, even the ones I have to tweak to suit my complexion.
So I'm back to being a gloss girl, wooohooooo. And with glosses this high quality? I may just be in the ling for many more brands!!! As I go along I am POSITIVE I will find more pros than cons for these Gerard Cosmetics glosses. They are a must have for any lip loving lady. While they are priced at US$24 plus shipping, I assure you they are definitely worth it!
Interested in placing an order? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for a quotation.