Skip to main content

My Foundations: Clinique anti-blemish solutions

Third entry in the foundation series...



Firstly, upon doing some research for this post I discovered that this anti-blemish line has been renamed Acne Solutions. The anti-blemish liquid foundation is still available in Cave Shepherd where I purchased mine. I love the squeeze bottle with the nozzle packaging since it makes it convenient to travel with and there's generally not a mess during use.

As seen at the Clinique counter in Cave Shepherd, Broad Street

07 fresh golden was the darkest shade available, but on a few different retail sites I did see two-three darker options. Fresh golden is too yellow/olive for me. I usually mix this with another liquid foundation that has a red undertone but for the purpose of this post, I set it with a powder foundation with a red-ish undertone. The day I re-tested this foundation I discovered that upon initial application it really emphasised my pores.

From Clinique's UK site: "Formula: Liquid. Coverage: Moderate

Anti-Blemish Solutions Liquid Makeup is lightweight for oily or blemish-prone skin that needs smooth coverage and skin-clearing treatment benefits. The oil-free foundation, conceals, controls breakout, neutralizes the appearance of redness and helps prevent future blemishes while providing moderate coverage and a natural finish that never looks chalky and is soothing to the skin.

Skin Types: 2 - Dry Combination, 3 - Oily, 4 - Very Oily
"

Under store lighting

In natural lighting

The anti-blemish claims stem from the fact that there's salicylic acid in the formula. It also contains antioxidants (lecithin and tocopherol) and sunscreen (titanium dioxide).

I wouldn't recommend this for any type of dry skin since it dries down to a matte finish and emphasized my pores as stated earlier. The formula applies well with a foundation brush (I always dampen mine with e.l.f Mist & Set) or a damp beauty sponge

Swatch comparison to the foundations reviewed thus far 

Given our ridiculous heat in the Summer, this foundation holds up well. You do see oil breakthrough in the T-zone after a few hours but the product doesn't slide off your face. I'm not a touch-up type of gal but if you're into that, it's nothing that blot papers and powder couldn't fix. I recommend helping it out with a mattifying primer and setting spray, but then again, that's my standard M.O. You can watch this keek to see how it looked at the end of a couple hours.

While skin care in your coloured beauty products is a nice touch - it would be better if there were ALL good ingredients to begin with - you don't truly see the benefits of it unless you use them frequently. Thus, it's neither here nor there to me. If my shade of this foundation was available I would consider repurchasing.

p.s. I did say that I usually mix this foundation with another. I've found that this formula increases the wear time and coverage of more "natural finish" foundations.

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Riley Good Genes versus Drunk Elephant T.L.C Framboos Glycolic Night Serum

If you're an avid YouTube watcher you've probably heard about these products. Both brands blew up on the skincare seen in short order as expensive, but effective. If you're like me you quickly began to wonder: which is better? Short answer: it depends.


Long answer...

I've mentioned Good Genes a few times before on the blog. This 'all-in-one lactic acid treatment' is raved about by the likes of Stephanie Nicole and Caroline Hirons.

From the box: "Deeply exfoliates the dull surface of the skin for clarity, radiance, and younger-looking skin. Visibly brightens the appearance of age spots and discolorations. Instantly plumps the look of fine lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes*

*Clinically tested and proven to significantly improve the appearance of lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes. Results obtained via profilometry analysis.

With Key Ingredients:

Purified Lactic Acid: One of the most hydrating Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs), Lactic Acid exfoliates the surface layers of t…

Summer Standouts

It feels strange to talk about beauty products with all that's going on in the Caribbean. Our neighbours are going through some seriously trying times and I implore you to give whatever you can. 🙏

I didn't even realise that this was a running theme. Last year's was especially good since it featured some of my favourite combinations. Like last year, makeup seems to have taken a backseat this Summer.


There's only one item here that surprised me...but let me not get ahead of myself.
Y'all know exfoliators are a must in my skin and body care routine so the Bath & Body Works 'Lavender & Sandalwood' Clay Body Scrub and Coco Shea 'Coconut' Richly Nourishing Body Buff (thanks to the Mistress!) should come as no real shocker. Both smell amazing; again no shocker since regular readers know I'm a firm aromatherapy believer. Visit Inyouvations in Sheraton for all your Bath & Body Works products. Continuing on the Bath & Body Works train, the…