Skip to main content

My Foundations: Lancome Teint Visionnaire

As seen on the Lancome counter in Cave Shepherd, Broad Street


Teint Visionnaire made its way to Barbados in December last year. Strangely, only two shades are available to this day. I got number 11; according to the UK website there are four darker shades in the range. There are 20 shades in total. 11 isn't the perfect shade for me but I made it work.

The press blurb - "Teint Visionnaire Key Features:

LancĂ´me’s new vision of high perfection.

TEINT VISIONNAIRE offers 2 expert steps in 1 foundation to combine perfect coverage and natural finish:

High Coverage Corrector:
The High Coverage Corrector is enriched with Vitamin CG. Its creamy texture immediately reduces the appearance of dark spots, dark circles and imperfections.

Flawless Perfecting Foundation:
The perfecting foundation flawlessly evens out the complexion and visibly improves the appearance of pores and wrinkles every day. The foundation is enriched with LR 2412, the active ingredient integrated in Visionnaire skincare.

An even and flawless looking complexion:
Skin's appearance looks visibly improved.
The skin texture looks refined, dark spots and imperfections appear reduced and pores look minimised.

Benefits: Skin Perfection, Even Skin Tone, Flawless Coverage

How to apply Teint Visionnaire
Step 1: High Coverage Corrector
Using your fingertips, apply the High Coverage Corrector before the foundation on targeted imperfections for optimal coverage of dark spots, dark circles, any redness or blemishes.

Step 2: Flawless Perfecting Foundation
Apply the fluid using a foundation
brush in a circular buffing motion to create a natural and flawless-looking finish to your complexion
".



One pump 

One pump blended out

Precision Spot Concealer

If I'm using a liquid foundation I apply my concealer afterwards, so that's how I used this. At $145 BDS LP for 1 oz, this is the most expensive foundation I've purchased locally. I guess they bumped up the price due to the inclusion of the 0.1 oz concealer and the Visionnaire skincare ingredient. As I said in my last foundation post, you'd have to use a foundation very frequently to see any skin care benefit claims.

Benefits listed on the US site: "Immediately:Perfectly even, flawless complexion with a natural finish.
In 4 weeks*:
Size of dark spots are reduced by 17%
Fine lines are reduced by 12%
Size of pores are reduced by 11%
In 8 weeks*:
Size of dark spots are reduced by 22%
Fine lines are reduced by 20%
Size of pores are reduced by 17%
*Clinical test conducted under the supervision of an expert on 48 women during 4 to 8 weeks
".

N.B. Nothing can actually reduce the size of your pores. They can only reduce the appearance of them. 

Swatch comparison of the foundations reviewed thus far

I love the pump on this foundation. It makes it easy to dispense as much or as little as you want. This formula is very fluid and pigmented; and you absolutely have to shake it well before use. You should do that with all liquid foundations actually. I discovered that using a buffing brush resulted in its strokes being visible on the skin since the foundation takes a while to set. Using my hands made it a little bit better but that might not appeal to everyone since it's so pigmented that that can be messy. I tried this with different primers as well and I can tell you this is not oily girl friendly. If you like a "natural" i.e. dewy finish and won't be in the sun a lot maybe but this certainly isn't for someone that's looking for their makeup to be intact for 8+ hours. You can see evidence of how it wore here and here

The SPF 20 in this formula is a nice addition but if it didn't have it I'd venture to wear this formula at night. Maybe I'll give it another go if Barbados every cools down later in the year but for now I can tell you that I will not be repurchasing.

Fancy packaging

Oh and since it's a foundation review I didn't focus on the concealer but I think it's very handy to have the matching concealer attached to the foundation. This particular one is quite pigmented, thick and sticky. Due to the colour of number 11 I found that it works well as a colour corrector as well as a concealer; but because of its texture it settles quickly into fine lines. I'm going to use it on its own to cover hyperpigmentation and then set my face with a powder foundation.

"ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: OCTINOXATE 7.5%, COSMETIC INGREDIENTS: WATER, DIMETHICONE, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, CYCLOHEXASILOXANE, PROPANEDIOL, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, ALCOHOL DENAT., CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, SODIUM TETRAHYDROJASMONATE, SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE, DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL, POLYGLYCERYL-4, ISOSTEARATE, PEG/PPG-18/18 DIMETHICONE, SORBITOL, DIMETHICONE/PEG-10/15 CROSSPOLYMER, DIMETHICONE/POLYGLYCERIN-3 CROSSPOLYMER, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, ADENOSINE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, PHENOXYETHANOL, MAY CONTAIN: TITANIUM DIOXIDE, BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE, IRON OXIDES, FERRIC AMMONIUM FERROCYANIDE".

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Riley Good Genes versus Drunk Elephant T.L.C Framboos Glycolic Night Serum

If you're an avid YouTube watcher you've probably heard about these products. Both brands blew up on the skincare seen in short order as expensive, but effective. If you're like me you quickly began to wonder: which is better? Short answer: it depends.


Long answer...

I've mentioned Good Genes a few times before on the blog. This 'all-in-one lactic acid treatment' is raved about by the likes of Stephanie Nicole and Caroline Hirons.

From the box: "Deeply exfoliates the dull surface of the skin for clarity, radiance, and younger-looking skin. Visibly brightens the appearance of age spots and discolorations. Instantly plumps the look of fine lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes*

*Clinically tested and proven to significantly improve the appearance of lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes. Results obtained via profilometry analysis.

With Key Ingredients:

Purified Lactic Acid: One of the most hydrating Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs), Lactic Acid exfoliates the surface layers of t…

It's A Dupe!

Long time no dupe.

Corny? I know. I try.

Faithful readers would have seen me rave about the Becca Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector, a.k.a Face Cement, numerous times. Well, we have a dupe: The Make Up For Ever (MUFE) Step 1 Skin Equalizer Mattifying Primer. I knew it instantly. So instantly that I've used the MUFE twice and decided that it's ridiculous to keep both since they are the same.

You can read all about the Becca primer in the link above so I'm just going to talk about the MUFE version here.

swatches straight from the tubes swatches blended out
Can you tell which is which? No? Well, neither can I.
From the MUFE site -  "Details: STEP1 Skin Equalizer triples the power of your foundation: easier application, optimized makeup result, improved wear. STEP1 is the range of skin equalizers developed to refine, smooth and even out. Our exclusive Equalizer Complex delivers 3 key actions:

- APPLICATION : makeup goes on seamlessly
- RESULT : optimized color & finis…