Skip to main content

Urban Decay Vice 3 Palette - MUST OWN

Hey ladies and gents!!

What do I love about this time of year??
Holiday collections!! And everybody is out the blocks this year with some hot products designed to pull our pockets and make us salivate. Wouldn't trade that feeling for the world, you know?

At the top of my Christmas Wish list?

The Urban Decay Vice 3 Palette *ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh*


I watched Kandee Johnson's  video (click above to watch) and she brought it home for me. Check her video out, she's really entertaining.

I LOVE keeping palettes in my makeup artist kit and they come in handy for my personal use as well. I am not a de-potter which is bad. I am mostly lazy (no shame) and actually like showing my clients and students the brands I prefer.  When I can I make a double purchase and can I tell you I am serious about my eyeshadows. I work hard at the blending and I detest excessive fall out. So I recently made the transition for the second time in my career to owning not just drugstore and mid range brands but some high end as well.

So Urban Decay is a good choice for me because I already own one of their best selling palettes and setting sprays and I love them. Wayne Goss discusses the Naked Palette in the video below. Let me know if you want a review from Moden so that you will know how it works here (the setting sprays work well in Barbados given our conditions).

My Holy Grail soft setting spray!! 


Yassssss URBAN DECAY  yassssss!! I am in love with the Vice Palette 3 and it is all because of the packaging.

Isn't it loverly?!!
If you are unfamiliar with the brand, here is their write up:
Urban Decay is beauty with an edge. Feminine, dangerous and fun, it appeals to women who relish their individuality and dare to express it. From our insane range of velvety Eyeshadows—including the bestselling (and often-copied) Naked Palettes—to our award-winning eye liners, budge-proof mascaras and legendary Makeup Setting Sprays, we've been shaking up the industry for over 15 years. (Excerpt taken from www.urbandecay.com)

I love the mirrored case, it's so chic and trendy and I absolutely love Urban Decay brushes that accompany their palettes. Not usually my first choice for applying the shadows or blending but I adore them for concealer placement. Go figure :)

I can say that in my experience, the matte textures can be chalky depending on the shade. They usually require a bit of work OR you have to wet the brush and apply. But you see this palette? From the swatches and reviews I've seen and watched on the 'Tube, I ain't got no worries. I will HAPPILY spend the US$60.00 plus shipping and handling to own this.

I am getting 20 eyeshadows for maybe $150.00 - $200.00BDS (on a bad day if I import). High quality, pigmented and with a variety of colours and textures at approx $10BDS each; won't sleep on this one. Unbeatable!

While I was overseas I purchased The Balm 'Nude Tude (comment below for a review on this product) and I recharged on my Lorac and Naked 1 (I think I might get Naked 3). But I was so bummed that I didn't buy the Urban Decay Electric Palette. Even though it was US $49 the colours are so vibrant and the textures are creamy and buttery even the neon shades.

I deeply regret not buying this :( womp womp
I digress. The Urban Decay Vice 3 palette is probably going to be in my hands by December.  This will definitely be a treat for me. I do not like to put things in my kit unless I've tried and genuinely like them. That's my method, it's worked so far, I'm sticking to it.

Check out Xsparkage's blog on the palette for close ups of the shades, definitions and her review!

Tell me what your next eyeshadow purchase will be?

xoxo
Heidi.

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Riley Good Genes versus Drunk Elephant T.L.C Framboos Glycolic Night Serum

If you're an avid YouTube watcher you've probably heard about these products. Both brands blew up on the skincare seen in short order as expensive, but effective. If you're like me you quickly began to wonder: which is better? Short answer: it depends.


Long answer...

I've mentioned Good Genes a few times before on the blog. This 'all-in-one lactic acid treatment' is raved about by the likes of Stephanie Nicole and Caroline Hirons.

From the box: "Deeply exfoliates the dull surface of the skin for clarity, radiance, and younger-looking skin. Visibly brightens the appearance of age spots and discolorations. Instantly plumps the look of fine lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes*

*Clinically tested and proven to significantly improve the appearance of lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes. Results obtained via profilometry analysis.

With Key Ingredients:

Purified Lactic Acid: One of the most hydrating Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs), Lactic Acid exfoliates the surface layers of t…

It's A Dupe!

posted on our Facebook page April 12, 2013 "DUPE ALERT: M.A.C Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Dark vs Maybelline Fit Me! in 355 Coconut. Both look the same applied to the face and are the same texture when swatched. The Mineralize Skinfinish Natural is bigger by 1 gram but the Fit Me! is significantly cheap... *ahem* more "inexpensive". There is one shade darker in the M.A.C version but 355 is the darkest shade in the Maybelline. (I'm NC50). If you go through a lot of face powder it's worth a shot - LR"
Talk about a throwback!
I watched a dupe video on YouTube recently where this comparison was mentioned and it reminded me that I had the same thought a while ago. The finish on the skin is identical. Since this original post M.A.C has changed the packaging on their Mineralize line and Maybelline has rebranded/re categorised the Fit Me! range into: Dewy/Set + Smooth and Matte + Poreless.
M.A.C says: "A slow-baked powder with 77-Mineral Complex that provid…