Skip to main content

Product Rave: Becca Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector

Becca Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector - www.modenmakeup.com
Becca Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector - www.modenmakeup.com

I got this back in June and didn't remember to use it till the morning that I was getting ready for UV. That day was a scorcher! Upon initial application I instantly saw the product go to work. My skin was matte and pores on my cheeks seemed to vanish.

From the site: "Targeted oil-control primer that perfects and minimizes pores for mattified skin that lasts up to 12 hours. The concentrated Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector goes beyond extending makeup wear to address the root cause of why your makeup moves. This formula specifically targets oil-prone areas and acts as liquid blotting paper to leave your skin fresh and matte all day.

Use alone, before or after foundation to control excess oil while minimizing the appearance of pores. Can be used throughout the day to touch up areas of concern.
EverMat™ eliminates excess oil for long-lasting matte skin. This formula is sweat and humidity resistant
Ideal primer for oily skin or targeted oily areas.
Free of: Silicone, Oil, Alcohol and Fragrance.

Directions: Primer can be worn alone or under foundation. To apply, warm a pea-sized amount in hands and pat onto specific areas of concern like the T-zone. Allow product to dry before following with makeup application. For touch-ups throughout the day, warm primer in hands and pat over makeup to target oily areas.

Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Propylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylene Glycol, Enantia Chlorantha Bark Extract, Oleanolic Acid.

Key ingredients: EverMat™ eliminates excess oil for long-lasting matte skin
".

Becca Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector - www.modenmakeup.com
Becca Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector - www.modenmakeup.com
Becca Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector swatch - www.modenmakeup.com
Blended in; it dries completely transparent

Becca Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector - www.modenmakeup.com
I think I was trying to show the matte finish here (center of my hand versus the rest) in natural lighting. 

I remember sweating at UV like nobody's business. The Summer heat in Barbados this year was CRUEL...and it's still continuing. I sweat a lot from my scalp so when I noticed the sweat rolling down my face I said, dis primer like it ain't saying nuttin yuh. Till I noticed in the pictures afterwards that my makeup was still on. The only thing I was blotting away was the setting powder I had used.

Before

After
All outfits by The Tri Collection

Since that day I've used the product in all the ways suggested. If you're going to use it as a touch up product during the day, I suggest blotting away the excess oil first then applying. The nozzle dispenser on this product makes soooooooo much sense because you need very little. I apply it exactly as directed because rubbing it onto your face would cause the product to pile (roll up). The entire packaging is a win; the tubes soft malleable nature allows you to easily get the product out. 

The Priming Perfector shouldn't be applied to your entire face, just those problem areas. I know in this humidity it's very tempting to go crazy with mattifiers but trust me, not with this. Once I tried Milk of Magnesia all over my face and then this in the T Zone...WINNING! You really do need very little product to get the job done so the 40 ml should last a while. That's comforting since this costs $36USD.

My sole complaint about this primer is that prolonged use causes blocked pores which cause pimples. Funny enough, I'm hearing more and more that you shouldn't use primers - mostly silicone based - every day. The Priming Perfector states that it's free of silicone so I thought I was all clear. Yet, when three little guys popped up above my eyebrow as I was doing research for the Foundation Series this is all I could attribute it to :(

The primer doesn't contain all those great skin care ingredients like the Hourglass Veil Mineral one but it does absolute wonders to prolong the wear time of more "dewy" foundations. I am going to keep this in my arsenal for those big days.

This item can be sourced via our sister company  T.E.A.M Imports if you'd like to try it. Just holla!

If you have any other queries feel free to leave them in the comments below.

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Riley Good Genes versus Drunk Elephant T.L.C Framboos Glycolic Night Serum

If you're an avid YouTube watcher you've probably heard about these products. Both brands blew up on the skincare seen in short order as expensive, but effective. If you're like me you quickly began to wonder: which is better? Short answer: it depends.


Long answer...

I've mentioned Good Genes a few times before on the blog. This 'all-in-one lactic acid treatment' is raved about by the likes of Stephanie Nicole and Caroline Hirons.

From the box: "Deeply exfoliates the dull surface of the skin for clarity, radiance, and younger-looking skin. Visibly brightens the appearance of age spots and discolorations. Instantly plumps the look of fine lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes*

*Clinically tested and proven to significantly improve the appearance of lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes. Results obtained via profilometry analysis.

With Key Ingredients:

Purified Lactic Acid: One of the most hydrating Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs), Lactic Acid exfoliates the surface layers of t…

Summer Standouts

It feels strange to talk about beauty products with all that's going on in the Caribbean. Our neighbours are going through some seriously trying times and I implore you to give whatever you can. 🙏

I didn't even realise that this was a running theme. Last year's was especially good since it featured some of my favourite combinations. Like last year, makeup seems to have taken a backseat this Summer.


There's only one item here that surprised me...but let me not get ahead of myself.
Y'all know exfoliators are a must in my skin and body care routine so the Bath & Body Works 'Lavender & Sandalwood' Clay Body Scrub and Coco Shea 'Coconut' Richly Nourishing Body Buff (thanks to the Mistress!) should come as no real shocker. Both smell amazing; again no shocker since regular readers know I'm a firm aromatherapy believer. Visit Inyouvations in Sheraton for all your Bath & Body Works products. Continuing on the Bath & Body Works train, the…