Skip to main content

Thank you Marcela!

Moden Makeup strives to give you information from a dual phase approach: Heidi as a certified makeup artist with loads of experience working with different skin tones and types; and myself - a regular shopper who is just looking for the best products for personal use. As the average consumer, I appreciate knowing where I can get the best deals and latest releases in the beauty industry. I figured you would too hence why the posts on our Facebook page of the things we find island wide. I said allllll that to say, one random afternoon in Cave Shepherd, doing the very thing I'm always doing - looking to see what's new - I met the Senior Account Coordinator for the Caribbean and Central America of The Estee Lauder Companies Inc. *faint*

Marcela and I chatted briefly about her stay in Barbados, her trips to other Caribbean countries and of course the new Estee Lauder releases. I pretty much gushed non stop about the Pure Color Envy lipsticks and hounded her regarding Barbados getting the new shades. She was very nice and genuinely impressed that there was a beauty blogger community in Barbados. We exchanged contact information and she promised to send Heidi and I some samples. I was like, "me? samples? From Estee Lauder?" uh huh.

Fast forward a couple weeks, Heidi and I running errands and I get a call from UPS. Ber? Wha nobody doan send me nuttin. Then I think back...Marcela!!!

The motherload

Big mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn, when I tell you we did shocked!

Never ever ever could we have expected this. Everything you see reviewed on this blog thus far has been purchased with our money. All those giveaway prizes come outta our pockets. We do it because we wish there was something like Moden Makeup around when we first started on this beauty journey. "Be the change you want to see" <--- that pretty much sums it up.

Well, Marcela sent samples for both Heidi and I so I'll just show you my loot. 


Double Wear Stay-in-Place Powder Makeup 'Rich Chestnut' and Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup 'Toasty Toffee'

Advance Night Repair Eye Serum and Perfectionist [CP+R] Wrinkle Lifting/Firming Serum

Double Wear Zero-Smudge Liquid Eyeliner 'Brown'

Pure Color Blush 'Pink Tease' (Satin) and Pure Color Vivid Shine Lipstick 'Electric Mauve'

You know those foundations made me squeal with delight. I always wanted to try the original Double Wear. This is a perfect addition to the Foundation Series. Can you believe the only sample size items were the serums? Everything else was full sized products! *single tear*

Marcela, we literally can not thank you enough.

A beautiful sunset capped off this perfect day!


Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Riley Good Genes versus Drunk Elephant T.L.C Framboos Glycolic Night Serum

If you're an avid YouTube watcher you've probably heard about these products. Both brands blew up on the skincare seen in short order as expensive, but effective. If you're like me you quickly began to wonder: which is better? Short answer: it depends.


Long answer...

I've mentioned Good Genes a few times before on the blog. This 'all-in-one lactic acid treatment' is raved about by the likes of Stephanie Nicole and Caroline Hirons.

From the box: "Deeply exfoliates the dull surface of the skin for clarity, radiance, and younger-looking skin. Visibly brightens the appearance of age spots and discolorations. Instantly plumps the look of fine lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes*

*Clinically tested and proven to significantly improve the appearance of lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes. Results obtained via profilometry analysis.

With Key Ingredients:

Purified Lactic Acid: One of the most hydrating Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs), Lactic Acid exfoliates the surface layers of t…

It's A Dupe!

posted on our Facebook page April 12, 2013 "DUPE ALERT: M.A.C Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Dark vs Maybelline Fit Me! in 355 Coconut. Both look the same applied to the face and are the same texture when swatched. The Mineralize Skinfinish Natural is bigger by 1 gram but the Fit Me! is significantly cheap... *ahem* more "inexpensive". There is one shade darker in the M.A.C version but 355 is the darkest shade in the Maybelline. (I'm NC50). If you go through a lot of face powder it's worth a shot - LR"
Talk about a throwback!
I watched a dupe video on YouTube recently where this comparison was mentioned and it reminded me that I had the same thought a while ago. The finish on the skin is identical. Since this original post M.A.C has changed the packaging on their Mineralize line and Maybelline has rebranded/re categorised the Fit Me! range into: Dewy/Set + Smooth and Matte + Poreless.
M.A.C says: "A slow-baked powder with 77-Mineral Complex that provid…