Skip to main content

The Art...

Hiiiiiiiiii All

A while I know, apologies. I love the fact that we share this part of our job because while Lucinda is covering the blog and stores, I'm able to practise and build the artistry side of our brand. It helps stimulate my creative juices and my skills as an artist are growing. I see the difference.

Makeup is personal. In my case it's an acquired skill, 'cause listen to me now, a little while ago, I'll be the first to admit, I was mehhhhh and maybe less than. But my biggest critic, is me. There is NO ONE out there who picks apart my work like I do. I'm working hard to get my skills on point, but isn't that what life is about? Learning, growing and developing.

circa 2011/2012 oooh those brows :'(

Well this journey has been long and hard, but I would not trade it for all the tea in China. I have made new friends, gained followers, recognition and developed a love and passion for cosmetics that I didn't know I had. Oh and heeyyyyy to the critics and people who absolutely do NOT like my work. I've always been an acquired taste, personality wise, and now for a talent I'm developing. BUT! For the first time I've stuck to something I like and not given up because people laughed, hated it or talked about how much it sucked behind my back. For the first time, I care, yes, but not enough to stop.

2013
That being said we all start somewhere, we who beatfaces and such are all in the makeup/beauty industry because we love it (hopefully) and to be honest because we want to make money doing what we love. Let's face it, no one starts off being a Renny or Fine. BUTTT if you work hard enough, practise long enough and stay hungry; it will come.

2014
My father always warned me to be careful not to forget where I came from. It's something I live by. I strive to keep Moden Makeup at the forefront of your mind because we do what no one else in Bim does. We give you the information you crave; AND up to two years ago we were unprecedented. We are grateful.

So I encourage you to continue being critical, continue to follow and like all of the artists who are emerging. Give your opinions but please remember that while it might not be to your liking, some of us are working really hard to give you a fabulous and coveted product. What I can guarantee from Moden Makeup is excellent customer service, sound accurate information and lots of fun and jokes along the way.

If we get something wrong, we will apologise. if we offend in anyway we will recant (within reason). But we will not forget our loyal customers and fans to whom we owe everything. To our potentials: dive on in, this pool isn't nearly full!

This Christmas, we are giving back. This year was hard but blessed, and we want to show you our appreciation for your support and love! Stay tuned... it's a big wun!

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Riley Good Genes versus Drunk Elephant T.L.C Framboos Glycolic Night Serum

If you're an avid YouTube watcher you've probably heard about these products. Both brands blew up on the skincare seen in short order as expensive, but effective. If you're like me you quickly began to wonder: which is better? Short answer: it depends.


Long answer...

I've mentioned Good Genes a few times before on the blog. This 'all-in-one lactic acid treatment' is raved about by the likes of Stephanie Nicole and Caroline Hirons.

From the box: "Deeply exfoliates the dull surface of the skin for clarity, radiance, and younger-looking skin. Visibly brightens the appearance of age spots and discolorations. Instantly plumps the look of fine lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes*

*Clinically tested and proven to significantly improve the appearance of lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes. Results obtained via profilometry analysis.

With Key Ingredients:

Purified Lactic Acid: One of the most hydrating Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs), Lactic Acid exfoliates the surface layers of t…

Summer Standouts

It feels strange to talk about beauty products with all that's going on in the Caribbean. Our neighbours are going through some seriously trying times and I implore you to give whatever you can. 🙏

I didn't even realise that this was a running theme. Last year's was especially good since it featured some of my favourite combinations. Like last year, makeup seems to have taken a backseat this Summer.


There's only one item here that surprised me...but let me not get ahead of myself.
Y'all know exfoliators are a must in my skin and body care routine so the Bath & Body Works 'Lavender & Sandalwood' Clay Body Scrub and Coco Shea 'Coconut' Richly Nourishing Body Buff (thanks to the Mistress!) should come as no real shocker. Both smell amazing; again no shocker since regular readers know I'm a firm aromatherapy believer. Visit Inyouvations in Sheraton for all your Bath & Body Works products. Continuing on the Bath & Body Works train, the…