Skip to main content

Skincare products I must try in 2015

Hi everyone!!

This year I'm on a mission to eliminate acne and brighten my complexion. I am not totally in love with how my skin looks sans makeup. But I love how fresh faced I look after a good cleansing, mask and moisturizer. I do know that any damage I've done by abusing my skin can be repaired and healed over time. Diet and exercise will play a huge part, so I'm working on that. Also, taking my Hair Skin and Nails supplement from Nutrilite still helps. I've been doing a small amount of research and I'm happy to share my findings.

As always some of these products may not be available locally, but feel free to contact our sister company T.E.A.M Imports and they can have a quotation in your hands/inbox within 2/3 business days.

Onto the products:

I love colouredbeautiful her style, artistry and online personality are cool, relaxed and confident. Naturally I checked her channel out for skincare ideas and she did not disappoint. Here's what she uses in this video from May 2014:


Now I love a good cleanser. I don't generally use make up wipes to remove my makeup so a good high quality skin enhancing cleanser is a must for me. It doesn't hurt that this one has anti aging properties AND added moisture. With this acne prone skin, I need to keep the pimples at bay and the dryness at a minimum. 

"Ageless skin begins here. Introducing the revolutionary antioxidant Vinanza Grape, a quintessential from New Zealand's sauvignon blanc grape seed that helps repair free radical damage and is scientifically shown to have amongst the world's highest levels of antioxidants from grapes.
Lavender and blue chamomile soothe sensitive skin"
.

The ingredients:

Olea uropaea (olive) oil*, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter)*, cera alba (beeswax)*, linum usitatissimum (harekeke flax) oil*, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil*, oenothera biennis (evening primrose) oil*, aqua (water), silica, lavendula officinalis (lavender) oil, theobroma cocao (cacao butter), vitis vinifera (Vinanza Grape grapeseed) extract, tocopherol (Vitamin E), matricaria chamomilla (blue chamomile) flower extract, hibiscus sabdarifa (hibiscus) flower extract, naticide (natural preservative) *certified organic


Brand New Day Microderma Scrub & Masque from One Love Organics is in powder form. Colour me intrigued, I love playing chemist and mixing things so this is right up my street. 

The ingredients and directions for use:

"For exfoliation, add Brand New Day Microderma Scrub & Masque to your choice of warm water, Easy Does It Foaming Cleanser or Skin Savior Waterless Multi-Balm to form a paste. Gently massage onto damp face and throat using small, circular motions. Remove with water. For a masque treatment, mix 1 tablespoon of Brand New Day Microderma Scrub & Masque with 1 tablespoon of plain, greek yogurt and/or raw honey. Leave for 15-20 minutes. Remove with warm water

Organic Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Organic Pisum Sativum (Sweet Pea) Flour, Sodium Cocoyl Glycinate, Organic Ananas comosus (pineapple) fruit extract, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, proprietary natural & organic fragrance compounds"
.

On my last trip to Sephora in June, I reallllly wanted to try the Murad line of skincare. However since Lucinda and I were waylaid by the darn cosmetics, all I ended up buying was a gloss from Soap & Glory (which I adore by the way). So in my last shipment from Sephora.com I received a Murad sample of their three step acne fighting system. Yet to use that.

Having watched my newfound love borderhammer I am convinced to buy into the hype on this line of products. 

You can watch her video here: 

She is clear, concise and FUNNY as heck. Sound advice though, she's the real deal.

Here are the Murad products I want to try: 

Murad Clarifying Cleanser - I definitely have to try this one.

According to Sephora, here is what it is:

"A maximum-strength gel cleanser that combats acne and skin breakouts".

And what it does:

"Clarifying Cleanser’s rich lather strips away pore-clogging grime, oil, and irritants, while encapsulated salicylic acid provides a sustained release of medication for hours of acne treatment, even after rinsing. A bestselling Murad product for nearly 20 years, this cleanser is recommended as the first step in any Murad acne routine. Clarifying Cleanser is formulated to improve skin’s health as part of Dr. Murad’s Inclusive Health® system of care".

You better believe I will try this one. Acne fighting? yesss gawd! 

Again according to Sephora, here is what it is and what it does:

"An extra gentle anti aging acne cleanser featuring sustained-release salicylic acid to help clear skin and restore youthfulness.

Time Release Acne Cleanser’s low foaming formula delivers sustained-released acne medication and improves skin’s appearance. Encapsulated salicylic acid technology provides a long-acting acne treatment that stays active even after rinsing. Amino acids and hyaluronic acid bind moisture to skin to optimize hydration and restore suppleness while antioxidants neutralize free radicals to preserve a more youthful appearance. Time Release Acne Cleanser is recommended as a step one cleanser in any Murad® antiaging acne regimen. It clears skin and restores youthfulness as part of Dr. Murad’s Inclusive Health® system of care".


Notice a pattern? Anti aging (I'm 30 this year) and anti acne. BOOM!

I am also intent on getting rid of my dark spots AND perking up my skintone. Having an even skin tone is definitely high on my list of priorities. So this Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum is going to be my answer to that. It ain't cheap, so I really hope it works. I first saw it on Pinterest, then Sephora and finally borderhammer. It's begging me to buy it no?

At a whopping US$79 this ish betta werkkkk!!

And FINALLY, bentonite clay!

Never heard of it? Me either til today. I just want to try it because I love anything clay like on my face. It helps to draw out impurities AND minimizes that oily, clogged pore situation I tend to. 

Essentially the clay detoxifies and it provides a clear even canvas. While it's working/drying it is said that users can actually feel the product 'drawing' all of the gunk out. SOLD! 

Bentonite Clay - I'm checking Jenn's and every other healthstore in Bim
So that's it! For now all the products I must try this year. What about you? Any skincare goals or interesting products? Share!

Comment below, we'd love to know what you're using or planning to use!

xoxo
Heidi

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Riley Good Genes versus Drunk Elephant T.L.C Framboos Glycolic Night Serum

If you're an avid YouTube watcher you've probably heard about these products. Both brands blew up on the skincare seen in short order as expensive, but effective. If you're like me you quickly began to wonder: which is better? Short answer: it depends.


Long answer...

I've mentioned Good Genes a few times before on the blog. This 'all-in-one lactic acid treatment' is raved about by the likes of Stephanie Nicole and Caroline Hirons.

From the box: "Deeply exfoliates the dull surface of the skin for clarity, radiance, and younger-looking skin. Visibly brightens the appearance of age spots and discolorations. Instantly plumps the look of fine lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes*

*Clinically tested and proven to significantly improve the appearance of lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes. Results obtained via profilometry analysis.

With Key Ingredients:

Purified Lactic Acid: One of the most hydrating Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs), Lactic Acid exfoliates the surface layers of t…

It's A Dupe!

Long time no dupe.

Corny? I know. I try.

Faithful readers would have seen me rave about the Becca Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector, a.k.a Face Cement, numerous times. Well, we have a dupe: The Make Up For Ever (MUFE) Step 1 Skin Equalizer Mattifying Primer. I knew it instantly. So instantly that I've used the MUFE twice and decided that it's ridiculous to keep both since they are the same.

You can read all about the Becca primer in the link above so I'm just going to talk about the MUFE version here.

swatches straight from the tubes swatches blended out
Can you tell which is which? No? Well, neither can I.
From the MUFE site -  "Details: STEP1 Skin Equalizer triples the power of your foundation: easier application, optimized makeup result, improved wear. STEP1 is the range of skin equalizers developed to refine, smooth and even out. Our exclusive Equalizer Complex delivers 3 key actions:

- APPLICATION : makeup goes on seamlessly
- RESULT : optimized color & finis…