Skip to main content

Would I Repurchase? REN Rosa Centifolia Foaming Cleanser

This purchase was all because of Josh Collier. You can view his video comparing products from the REN Rosa Centifolia line below.


Now the skin care boss Caroline Hirons said your cleanser shouldn't foam but if Josh likes it I figure it's worth a shot.


The 5.1 fl. oz. costs $53BDS LP from Pure Source Barbados or $22USD from Sephora.com. 

From the site: "Description: A detergent free foaming cleanser infused with Rose Extracts that removes grime and make up in one stroke delivering purified, toned skin that feels fresh and revived, without stripping skin of essentials oils.

Results:
Gently removes dirt, pollution and makeup.
Balances, tones and soothes.
Tightens pores.

How to use:
Gently massage over the face and neck, rinse off with warm water.

Bio Extracts:
  • Anthocyanins and Vitamin P from Rosa Damascena protect the skin’s capillary venous system to decongest and soothe
  • Tannins from Rosa Centifolia tighten pores and tone the skin
  • Polyphenols from Rosa Centifolia decongest, sooth and protect vessels
Ingredients: Rosa Damascena Flower Water, Polyglyceryl-4 Caprate, Sorbitol, Glycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Chloride, Xanthan Gum, Ethylhexylglycerin, Rosa Damascena Flower Oil, Parfum (Fragrance), Sodium Hydroxide, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil, Rosa Centifolia Flower Extract".


Packaging - The pump dispenser produced adequate foam that got the job done. I found that two pumps was sufficient. I like the transparency of the bottle so I could clearly see when I was running out. Something that I mentioned in my other REN cleanser review is that these bottles are totally reusable. 10 points!

Price - This is the cheapest REN product I've ever purchased from Pure Source so I have no problems with the price.

Product - The clear liquid gently cleansed my face while being very effective. My sole gripe with this product is the scent. If you're not a fan of rose scented products you're not going to like this. This is the same reason why I wouldn't repurchase the Burt's Bees Rosewater and Glycerin Toner. On the flip side, I don't find the Christian Dior Creme de Rose lip balm offensive at all. The scent did dissipate during use but that initial contact is something else. I also found that this bottle lasted longer than the gel cleansers I've used in the past. Part of that is that I used it less often, due to the scent, but I still used it frequently enough to be impressed with its longevity.

Final thoughts - as foaming cleansers go, this is one of the best. Again, REN shines in the ingredients department. However, I would not repurchase this due to that strong rose scent. I want(ed) to try other things from this Rosa Centifolia range but now I'm hesitant. I have a sample of their No.1 Purity Cleansing Balm and I'm going to try that before I spend another cent.

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Riley Good Genes versus Drunk Elephant T.L.C Framboos Glycolic Night Serum

If you're an avid YouTube watcher you've probably heard about these products. Both brands blew up on the skincare seen in short order as expensive, but effective. If you're like me you quickly began to wonder: which is better? Short answer: it depends.


Long answer...

I've mentioned Good Genes a few times before on the blog. This 'all-in-one lactic acid treatment' is raved about by the likes of Stephanie Nicole and Caroline Hirons.

From the box: "Deeply exfoliates the dull surface of the skin for clarity, radiance, and younger-looking skin. Visibly brightens the appearance of age spots and discolorations. Instantly plumps the look of fine lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes*

*Clinically tested and proven to significantly improve the appearance of lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes. Results obtained via profilometry analysis.

With Key Ingredients:

Purified Lactic Acid: One of the most hydrating Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs), Lactic Acid exfoliates the surface layers of t…

It's A Dupe!

posted on our Facebook page April 12, 2013 "DUPE ALERT: M.A.C Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Dark vs Maybelline Fit Me! in 355 Coconut. Both look the same applied to the face and are the same texture when swatched. The Mineralize Skinfinish Natural is bigger by 1 gram but the Fit Me! is significantly cheap... *ahem* more "inexpensive". There is one shade darker in the M.A.C version but 355 is the darkest shade in the Maybelline. (I'm NC50). If you go through a lot of face powder it's worth a shot - LR"
Talk about a throwback!
I watched a dupe video on YouTube recently where this comparison was mentioned and it reminded me that I had the same thought a while ago. The finish on the skin is identical. Since this original post M.A.C has changed the packaging on their Mineralize line and Maybelline has rebranded/re categorised the Fit Me! range into: Dewy/Set + Smooth and Matte + Poreless.
M.A.C says: "A slow-baked powder with 77-Mineral Complex that provid…