Skip to main content

Ruby Kisses Matte Lip Lacquer by Kiss

Good Morning  & Happy Easter Monday!!

Last week, we three, Lucinda, Mummy and I went into #1 Beauty Supply on St. Michael's Row here in Barbados. There was the display with the Ruby Kisses Matte Lip Lacquers!! All but two were available, Queen (the purple beauty) and Bellagio (Deep Marine Blue). However I bought the rest :D And I got one for Lucinda as well for her to try.

They retail for $12.00 BBD and I truly believe six (6) days in that I'm going to absolutely love them!

Here are the lip lacquers on display:

I swatched them and Lucinda uploaded same time!! Excited much lol.

The product description:
Ruby Kisses Matte Lip Laquer is the hybrid of lipstick and lipgloss and has high definition and full coverage! Just one coat creates luscious, brilliant color. Ruby Kisses Matte Lip Laquer glides on smoothly, non sticky and stays in place for hours of continuous wear.

I can attest to the demi matte ( they say glossy, I don't see a high shine gloss when it dries after application so...), hd and full coverage factors and as they claim NO STICKY FEEL at all. The lighter colours come off slightly chalky but adding more of the product has helped. To give a more accurate account though, I'll wear them over the next few weeks. The longevity is consistent with the claim of 6 hours. And they stained my lips, which is something I generally look for in a matte lip product. Not bad for 12 smackaroos huh? 

Swatches galore! 

The shades from left to right and my descriptions of them are: 
Mirage: Dusty Rose
Ruby:  Blue Based Red
Think Pink: Vibrant Bubblegum Pink 
Rosy: Rich Merlot
Insecure: Blue Gray
Creme: Pinky/Mauvey Nude
Crush: Lucozade Orange
Glace: Egg Yolk Yellow
Pool Party: Sky Blue with a hint of turqouise 
Wonderland: Lilac

So far I've worn 'Think Pink', 'Crush', and 'Rosy'. I don't know about you, but I love a lipstick/ gloss or product that doesn't wash me out if I choose to wear it without a full face do down. And Rosy was it for me! 

The Beauty Breakdown: 

If you prefer a drier matte formula similar to MAC Ruby Woo, this is not the product for you. It IS however very moisturising on the lips and allows for reapplication. The shades are true to packaging colour and the long, flat lip wand covers my very full lips more than adequately. 

This may come across as more of a product rave. However, I must stress that this is more of a first impression review. I'll be back atcha with an in depth analysis when I've tested all of them very soon! 

Photo taken in direct sunlight, I lined my lips with a Gabriella Dark Brown liner for blend-ability.
Tanisha one of my clients wearing a combo of Crush and Creme (the products layer well too)!
Promo on the Ruby Kisses Matte Lip Lacquers seems to have started 6 weeks ago, according to this stock photo I snapped from Insta. Not a bad turnaround time, considering we've been waiting months for products from brands that shall remain nameless.
Pretty colours all in a row.

Have you bought any yet? 

xoxo 
Heidi

Popular posts from this blog

Giveaway #14 [CLOSED]

For the first time ever we linked a giveaway to a milestone. You can look back at our previous contests and see that things usually happened pretty routinely. Why? We love to shop! ...and shopping for others is always more fun 😁 All that to say, this one is very special because you made it happen. Thank you for taking the time to read what we share and then sharing with your beauty loving friends.

On to the good stuff...

Prize A


Kat Von D MetalMatte Eyeshadow PaletteLust Lashes 'Vanity' and 'Giselle'M.A.C mini lipsticks 'No Faux Pas' and 'Relentlessly Red'M.A.C Powder Blush 'Adobe Brick'M.A.C x Mariah Carey Extra Dimension Skinfinish 'My Mimi'Inglot AMC Brow Liner Gel '11'No Bleeding Lips Secret Lip LinerUrban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil (travel size) 'Zero'M.A.C x Star Trek Frost Lipstick 'Kling-It-On'Ardell Dual Lash ApplicatorM.A.C x Mariah Carey Lipglass 'Rainbow Interlude'M.A.C Pro Longwear Paint Po…

Sunday Riley Good Genes versus Drunk Elephant T.L.C Framboos Glycolic Night Serum

If you're an avid YouTube watcher you've probably heard about these products. Both brands blew up on the skincare seen in short order as expensive, but effective. If you're like me you quickly began to wonder: which is better? Short answer: it depends.


Long answer...

I've mentioned Good Genes a few times before on the blog. This 'all-in-one lactic acid treatment' is raved about by the likes of Stephanie Nicole and Caroline Hirons.

From the box: "Deeply exfoliates the dull surface of the skin for clarity, radiance, and younger-looking skin. Visibly brightens the appearance of age spots and discolorations. Instantly plumps the look of fine lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes*

*Clinically tested and proven to significantly improve the appearance of lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes. Results obtained via profilometry analysis.

With Key Ingredients:

Purified Lactic Acid: One of the most hydrating Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs), Lactic Acid exfoliates the surface layers of t…