Skip to main content

Mid Year Favourites (More Combos)

The last favourites post that featured products that work well together was a hit so I'm bringing it back.

L'Oreal EverCurl Hydracharge Shampoo and Conditioner

This is a surprise hit. A huge surprise. If I had my way I'd never do my hair myself but my pockets ain't set up like that. In the past I hated washing my hair at home cause the end result was sure to be one poofy frizzy hot mess. But this duo actually gives liveable-with results. Don't mind that 'sulfate free' claim; the shampoo has in some but there are a bit of fruit and flower oils/extracts in both products.


Of course, those alone couldn't tame the wild beast that is my hair...

Moroccanoil Restorative Hair Mask and Coconut Oil


I know I said the Moroccanoil line was overpriced; I stand by that. That don't mean I ain't gon' use this mask up though. To actually make it make some sense I mix in some coconut oil and leave it in for half of an hour.

REN Clean Skincare Invisible Pores Detox Mask and Ole Henriksen Truth Serum Collagen Booster

I hope you're not tired of me mentioned the REN brand. I'm not sponsored by them or Pure Source Barbados, I swear! lol They just make good stuff and this mask is no different. I got a trial size of it in one of their kits and it is the best clay mask I've ever used. REN says it's "a detoxifying clay mask designed to reduce the appearance of pore size and leave the skin purified, smoothed and toned". Props to them for saying "...the appearance of..." and not lying to consumers that something can actually reduce pore size. I wholeheartedly agree with the conditions it says it leaves the skin in which make following up with the Truth Serum even more effective. This is new to my arsenal but I immediately liked the texture and how it made my skin feel.


Nail polish remover pump dispenser and the e.l.f Professional Concealer Brush

I've been trying to paint my nails a lot recently since I have a truck load of new polishes to get through. I am no expert at manicures so often I get the polish all on my cuticles, the sides of my fingers etc. etc. A nail polish vlogger I watch recommended using the e.l.f Professional Concealer Brush to do cleanups with and I decided to give it a go. I was using some Cala brush before and the bristles were too long to get the job done effectively. And God bless whoever invented pump dispensers.


Orly Extra Strength Slip It Off Nail Lacquer Remover and Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream

Ever since I started using nail polish remover in this form I've been hooked. My Maybelline one is getting kindda old so I was on the hunt to find one locally. Thank you iMart. This Orly one removes cream polishes like a dream; glitter ones take a bit more finessing but it still gets the job done. Anytime you use acetone on your nails you need to follow up with a good moisturizer. This cuticle cream is fantastic. It single handedly (get it?) saved my poor poor fingers in New York


Beauty Blender Pro and the Make Up For Ever High Definition Powder

Both of these products I've mentioned before so this shouldn't shock you. What shocked me recently was how flawless the combination of a damp Beauty Blender and this powder set my under eyes. Sometimes, when I set that area with a brush, I notice a kinda crepey texture; it just looks weird. That does not happen with this combination.
Now these silica powders are known to produce flashback in flash photography so to be safe: use the least amount of powder possible, make sure the sponge is damp and - where possible - only use it in the daytime.


Milani Minerals Blush 'Sunset Beach' and Baked Blush 'Luminoso'

I've heard many beauty vloggers that are participating in Project Pan challenges complain about the boredom, anxiety and sometimes frustration they go through when trying to use up selected products. As you know, 'Sunset Beach' is in my Project 15 Pan and I don't want my appreciation for this gorgeous product to turn sour. So I was looking for other ways to spruce it up when I stumbled upon this combination. A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! If you are going to any parties for Crop Over try this mix heyso.


Speaking of Crop Over and fetes...

M.A.C Pro Longwear Lip Pencil 'More To Love' and Christian Dior de Rose Smoothing Plumping Lip Balm

This pertains to any lip liner and balm/gloss; it certainly doesn't have to be one that costs $28USD.

I've said it numerous times: I'm not a touch up kinda girl. So when it comes to reapplication of makeup when I'm out and about, lips is as far as I go; and even that gotta be as lil stress as possible. The combination of lip liner all over the lips then gloss/balm on top is my speed. I get the colour and longevity plus comfort. Bonus is if you take a complimentary gloss with you, you can change up your look mid pahty!


What products have you been loving together recently? What events are you thinking of attending this Crop Over. Let's discuss it in the comments.

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Riley Good Genes versus Drunk Elephant T.L.C Framboos Glycolic Night Serum

If you're an avid YouTube watcher you've probably heard about these products. Both brands blew up on the skincare seen in short order as expensive, but effective. If you're like me you quickly began to wonder: which is better? Short answer: it depends.


Long answer...

I've mentioned Good Genes a few times before on the blog. This 'all-in-one lactic acid treatment' is raved about by the likes of Stephanie Nicole and Caroline Hirons.

From the box: "Deeply exfoliates the dull surface of the skin for clarity, radiance, and younger-looking skin. Visibly brightens the appearance of age spots and discolorations. Instantly plumps the look of fine lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes*

*Clinically tested and proven to significantly improve the appearance of lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes. Results obtained via profilometry analysis.

With Key Ingredients:

Purified Lactic Acid: One of the most hydrating Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs), Lactic Acid exfoliates the surface layers of t…

Summer Standouts

It feels strange to talk about beauty products with all that's going on in the Caribbean. Our neighbours are going through some seriously trying times and I implore you to give whatever you can. 🙏

I didn't even realise that this was a running theme. Last year's was especially good since it featured some of my favourite combinations. Like last year, makeup seems to have taken a backseat this Summer.


There's only one item here that surprised me...but let me not get ahead of myself.
Y'all know exfoliators are a must in my skin and body care routine so the Bath & Body Works 'Lavender & Sandalwood' Clay Body Scrub and Coco Shea 'Coconut' Richly Nourishing Body Buff (thanks to the Mistress!) should come as no real shocker. Both smell amazing; again no shocker since regular readers know I'm a firm aromatherapy believer. Visit Inyouvations in Sheraton for all your Bath & Body Works products. Continuing on the Bath & Body Works train, the…