Skip to main content

Technical Difficulties

In the past when anything slowed my roll I didn't even think to mention it cause I figured no one was checking. While it is advised as a blogger, to write often and/or have a schedule I do no such thing. I have a list of the topics I need/want to cover and I get to it when I: a) have the pictures to support the post, b) have all my thoughts together and, c) feel like it. I used to write plays, poems, short stories and love letters to boys (lol) for more than 10 years and lemme tell yuh...writing can not be forced. Especially technical - as far as beauty related stuff goes - pieces where I try to give as much objective information as possible.

So why am I telling you about my hiccup now? Recently at Curls Nite Out, Gerri told her mother that she checks for an email from Moden Makeup every morning before she goes to work. I was like: wha?! For the first time ever I felt like I was letting someone down when I didn't post something. Now Gerri, don't think I posting every day! We try that during #MarchMadness and ain't complete a full month yet :( But what I can say is that I truly appreciate each and every one of you. I can't say enough how much I wish something like the Bajan blogs I read now existed when I first got into makeup serious.

Right, to the actual point. I don't know if you know but all the pictures I take for the blog, Facebook, The Marketplace and Instagram are done from my phones. I have a Samsung S4 and an iPhone 5 but the Samsung is the workhorse. It deals with all the Pages I'm the Content Manager for and it takes the best pictures to me in all conditions. This iPhone is my first one and I don't like the fact that you can't put a memory card in them nor do I like the quality of the pictures in low light. Trying to take a proper picture in certain stores with that phone is stress. So imagine my frustration when the camera on my Samsung stopped working last week. Trying to open the function causes the entire phone to shut down. My tech saviours at TwitchedOn Electronics tried to sort me out in a day but after changing the camera they believe it's a software issue. Trying to fix that revealed some other issue...long story short it's a work in process and right now I'm without my staunch 'camera'.

I guess it's time to buy an actual camera. When I do you'll be the first to know. In the meantime though they're plenty posts on the blog you can catch up on - if you've missed any. I personally have written over 235 of them :D I only say that cause it was shocking to me when I realised it. Proof that baby steps is still progress. Please do not give up on your passion or heart's desire. Find out what you need to do to make it happen and JUST DO IT.

Hol' on pun dis pic of de terrorist to tie you over.


p.s. I'm not done blogging in the interim. I just need optimal conditions to take pictures with the iPhone.

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Riley Good Genes versus Drunk Elephant T.L.C Framboos Glycolic Night Serum

If you're an avid YouTube watcher you've probably heard about these products. Both brands blew up on the skincare seen in short order as expensive, but effective. If you're like me you quickly began to wonder: which is better? Short answer: it depends.


Long answer...

I've mentioned Good Genes a few times before on the blog. This 'all-in-one lactic acid treatment' is raved about by the likes of Stephanie Nicole and Caroline Hirons.

From the box: "Deeply exfoliates the dull surface of the skin for clarity, radiance, and younger-looking skin. Visibly brightens the appearance of age spots and discolorations. Instantly plumps the look of fine lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes*

*Clinically tested and proven to significantly improve the appearance of lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes. Results obtained via profilometry analysis.

With Key Ingredients:

Purified Lactic Acid: One of the most hydrating Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs), Lactic Acid exfoliates the surface layers of t…

It's A Dupe!

posted on our Facebook page April 12, 2013 "DUPE ALERT: M.A.C Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Dark vs Maybelline Fit Me! in 355 Coconut. Both look the same applied to the face and are the same texture when swatched. The Mineralize Skinfinish Natural is bigger by 1 gram but the Fit Me! is significantly cheap... *ahem* more "inexpensive". There is one shade darker in the M.A.C version but 355 is the darkest shade in the Maybelline. (I'm NC50). If you go through a lot of face powder it's worth a shot - LR"
Talk about a throwback!
I watched a dupe video on YouTube recently where this comparison was mentioned and it reminded me that I had the same thought a while ago. The finish on the skin is identical. Since this original post M.A.C has changed the packaging on their Mineralize line and Maybelline has rebranded/re categorised the Fit Me! range into: Dewy/Set + Smooth and Matte + Poreless.
M.A.C says: "A slow-baked powder with 77-Mineral Complex that provid…