Skip to main content

Neglected Favourites

Of all the things that I have sooooooooooooo many new ones to get through that I shouldn't buy any more, nail polish is the number one culprit. But it's also the easiest to buy cause they're just so. damn. pretty! Sigh. What's worse is that I don't paint my nails often enough and when I have of late it's usually from one line in preparation for an overview post. All that to say, they're plenty neglected polishes in my stash but that doesn't mean I don't love them *sob*


Zoya PixieDust 'Liberty'

A gorgeous blue that sparkles! Zoya is discontinuing their PixieDust range - their version of textured polish - so if you want them get them now. 


Illamasqua 'Stance'

Sadly, Illamasqua is no longer readily available in the U.S. but I was fortunate enough to have my sister-in-law cop this for me from a Sephora in Tdot a while ago. I had read Temptalia's rave review on the longevity of these polishes and I had to try one for myself. 'Stance' is described as a "fuschia violet with a gloss finish"; it is beautiful. I just saw on their site that they ship to Barbados!


Essie Luxeeffects 'A Cut Above'

My favourite from the Luxeffects line. I've recommended this to so many people I've lost count. Essie describes it as "shattered pink diamond glitz". I especially love to wear this with nude polishes.


RGB Cosmetics 'Sea'

RGB Cosmetics can be purchased locally exclusively from Pure Source Barbados. This line of nail polishes is environmentally conscious; "All products, formulas, and packaging are conflict free, meaning they are produced under fair trade conditions. Additionally, all products are cruelty free (to animals and humans), gluten free, paraben free, and vegan". 'Sea' is a very sophisticated metallic shade.


Zoya 'Payton'

Imma really need Zoya to start shipping to Barbados. The ones I have I got from Bio Beauty but they rarely stock them since they claim they "don't sell" and I apparently am "the only one that asks about them". Anyho, I love Zoya's polishes that contain holographic shimmer; I must get my hands on 'Dream' and 'Aurora'. Zoya liked my 'Payton' manicure so much they put it on their website! *cue fan girl moment*


Essie 'Play Date'

I have a lot of Essie polishes but not all of them are great. 'Play Date' has to be my favourite one...and it's in contention for my favourite polish ever. Essie calls it "a flirtatious soft purple" and I agree. This is a polish that automatically makes me feel happy when I wear it.

posted on our Facebook page April 14, 2013
"Nail of The Day (and mini review). Essie 'play date' and O.P.I 'Glizerland'. 'Play date' is almost opaque in 1 coat; fully in 2. (Lavender and mint are all the rage now by the way). Truly impressed with 'Glizerland' though. It can be used as a top coat or on its own (2 coats) since there is loads of fine glitter. When I searched the name on Instagram, (follow me: lr_interlaceinc), I saw numerous posts with people using it for nail art. 
Essie purchased from Collins for $12.30.
O.P.I purchased from Cave Shepherd for $22.99 (ridiculous)
".

What are your favourite nail polishes? How often do you wear them? Let me know in the comments.

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Riley Good Genes versus Drunk Elephant T.L.C Framboos Glycolic Night Serum

If you're an avid YouTube watcher you've probably heard about these products. Both brands blew up on the skincare seen in short order as expensive, but effective. If you're like me you quickly began to wonder: which is better? Short answer: it depends.


Long answer...

I've mentioned Good Genes a few times before on the blog. This 'all-in-one lactic acid treatment' is raved about by the likes of Stephanie Nicole and Caroline Hirons.

From the box: "Deeply exfoliates the dull surface of the skin for clarity, radiance, and younger-looking skin. Visibly brightens the appearance of age spots and discolorations. Instantly plumps the look of fine lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes*

*Clinically tested and proven to significantly improve the appearance of lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes. Results obtained via profilometry analysis.

With Key Ingredients:

Purified Lactic Acid: One of the most hydrating Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs), Lactic Acid exfoliates the surface layers of t…

It's A Dupe!

posted on our Facebook page April 12, 2013 "DUPE ALERT: M.A.C Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Dark vs Maybelline Fit Me! in 355 Coconut. Both look the same applied to the face and are the same texture when swatched. The Mineralize Skinfinish Natural is bigger by 1 gram but the Fit Me! is significantly cheap... *ahem* more "inexpensive". There is one shade darker in the M.A.C version but 355 is the darkest shade in the Maybelline. (I'm NC50). If you go through a lot of face powder it's worth a shot - LR"
Talk about a throwback!
I watched a dupe video on YouTube recently where this comparison was mentioned and it reminded me that I had the same thought a while ago. The finish on the skin is identical. Since this original post M.A.C has changed the packaging on their Mineralize line and Maybelline has rebranded/re categorised the Fit Me! range into: Dewy/Set + Smooth and Matte + Poreless.
M.A.C says: "A slow-baked powder with 77-Mineral Complex that provid…