Skip to main content

Live Love Polish Haul

How often have you heard that nail polish or perfumes can't be shipped? Well, that's not the case. I even contacted Laparkan about it; they said "...a hazmat fee will apply to the shipment. Please note that all hazardous cargo, being delivered to our warehouse, must be accompanied by an MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet) and/or an IMO". That's if you're using their sky box services.

Or you just order your polishes from Live Love Polish cause they ship internationally. *fistpump* They're based in New York. You can see the list of brands they stock here...a lot of brands that aren't locally available.


In my confirmation email, they said it was their first order from Barbados. It came with a hand written note. How sweet is that? I heard about this company from watching Jessface90's swatch videos. I think it was late one night when I saw her apply 'Chillax' I was like: that's it! I must have it!

'Point Me To The Party' LE Electric Nights Collection
China Glaze 'Point Me To The Party' is a glitter topper with neon green, pink, blue and orange hex and micro glitter in a clear base. There's a party going on wherever you wear this polish! Wear over any polish for an instant neon pick-me-up!

'Chillax'
Picture Polish 'Chillax' is a seafoam green creme

'Pinwheel'
Colores de Carol 'Pinwheel' is a holographic multichrome shade that shifts from cyan to blue to purple to copper.

'Pinwheel' is so beautiful. That picture isn't doing it justice.


So is worth it to order polishes online? The subtotal was $32.50USD (China Glaze - $7.50, Picture Polish - $15 and Colores de Carol - $10). I was surprised that the Picture Polish wasn't full sized - only 0.37 fl. oz. instead of the standard 0.5 - and yet was the most expensive. But I guess that's because that's an Indie (Independent) brand that's made in Australia. Standard shipping was $14.99USD. You can read more about their international shipping here. That's $47.49USD total; my Visa Debit was charged $96.35BDS. It was sent to my local post office. I was told by someone that works at the post office - over the phone; I didn't collect the package myself - that the duty calculation on nail supplies is 20% x total and then 17.5% VAT on top of that. As I didn't collect them myself and they had no clue as to the value, the package only incurred a $5.60BDS charge. That's $101.95BDS grand total. I ordered on July 23rd and it was shipped the next day (standard shipping states 10 - 30 business days). There were shipped via USPS. The notification to collect the package from the post office came August 8th (if memory serves me correctly).

I'd say yes, totally worth it. If you're thinking of ordering I'd suggest getting polishes that would be unique to your collection. At Live Love Polish there's a lot to choose from.

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Riley Good Genes versus Drunk Elephant T.L.C Framboos Glycolic Night Serum

If you're an avid YouTube watcher you've probably heard about these products. Both brands blew up on the skincare seen in short order as expensive, but effective. If you're like me you quickly began to wonder: which is better? Short answer: it depends.


Long answer...

I've mentioned Good Genes a few times before on the blog. This 'all-in-one lactic acid treatment' is raved about by the likes of Stephanie Nicole and Caroline Hirons.

From the box: "Deeply exfoliates the dull surface of the skin for clarity, radiance, and younger-looking skin. Visibly brightens the appearance of age spots and discolorations. Instantly plumps the look of fine lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes*

*Clinically tested and proven to significantly improve the appearance of lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes. Results obtained via profilometry analysis.

With Key Ingredients:

Purified Lactic Acid: One of the most hydrating Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs), Lactic Acid exfoliates the surface layers of t…

Top Ten Sephora VIB Sale Recommendations

It's that time again. I'm not sure of the dates as yet but one major thing has changed: Sephora no longer ships to commercial addresses 😡I discovered this recently after two of my orders were cancelled. Their customer service said it is something they were cracking down on since late July. Stupse. Sephora clearly ain't care about those of us who have to use mail forwarders. Soooooo yeah...less hauls for me in the future which I am annoyed about. More money for Beautylish den *insert Kanye shrug*

Regular readers have seen my wish list posts every time the sale is approaching. I love watching these types of videos on YouTube so I always want to throw my hat in the ring. There are a couple recommendation posts on this blog as well but this year I wanted to narrow it down to my top ten. Now, of course they're plenty favourites I'd like to mention but in efforts to make this concise...

please click all links provided for more information

Sunday Riley Good Genes


After con…