Skip to main content

Lucinda - Thank You

Hi #mavenz,

My Lucinda. I am here bawling as I type this because not a lot of people understand what she does. This blog is like her baby, she researches, posts, fusses with me if I neglect to embolden, hashtag, link (Dear God she's a blog bully but I love her). Regardless, Lucinda has been the bedrock for a long time.

For the last three months, I've been sick. Not only have I been in hospital, but just looking at a computer, phone or tablet made me physically ill. I just could not function. And have you, the blog or Moden Makeup been neglected? Far from that Lucinda took on the IG profile maintenance, plus event attendance, answering emails and Facebook messages and fielding the occasional, "am Heidi alright?" questions.

She still managed to do her usual work for Moden, keep a house and five children (Logan is a terrorist and clearly possesses the bodies of five naughty children in there lol) and look glam while visiting me whenever she could and calling constantly to make sure I wasn't croaking yet :') (joking).



Miss. Lucinda Robinson, Blogger Extraordinaire & My BFF.
Photo compliments: Chris Butcher for Firefly Photography
Her dedication is not to be taken lightly. Given all that she has done for our business she deserves more than a thank you post. HOWEVER, Lucinda knows how I feel about thanking people. And if I buy all the makeup in the world for her it still can't compare to the love that I have to give to her.

Not because she has taken this project and ran with it, not because she keeps me in the makeup stash, all of that is immaterial, but because she is SELFLESS. Lucinda is generous with her time AND with her knowledge, she has a big big heart and even when I want to put my foot down and say no more; she finds a way to make it feasible, possible and executes. Who does that? A person with a huge amount of love, ambition and commitment.

So my friend, thank you! Thank you for taking the time, making more than an effort and being as dedicated as you are. Many have come and gone but here we are four years later and still happy. Sounds like a bomb ass relationship to me!

I love you,
Heidi
xoxo

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Riley Good Genes versus Drunk Elephant T.L.C Framboos Glycolic Night Serum

If you're an avid YouTube watcher you've probably heard about these products. Both brands blew up on the skincare seen in short order as expensive, but effective. If you're like me you quickly began to wonder: which is better? Short answer: it depends.


Long answer...

I've mentioned Good Genes a few times before on the blog. This 'all-in-one lactic acid treatment' is raved about by the likes of Stephanie Nicole and Caroline Hirons.

From the box: "Deeply exfoliates the dull surface of the skin for clarity, radiance, and younger-looking skin. Visibly brightens the appearance of age spots and discolorations. Instantly plumps the look of fine lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes*

*Clinically tested and proven to significantly improve the appearance of lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes. Results obtained via profilometry analysis.

With Key Ingredients:

Purified Lactic Acid: One of the most hydrating Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs), Lactic Acid exfoliates the surface layers of t…

It's A Dupe!

posted on our Facebook page April 12, 2013 "DUPE ALERT: M.A.C Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Dark vs Maybelline Fit Me! in 355 Coconut. Both look the same applied to the face and are the same texture when swatched. The Mineralize Skinfinish Natural is bigger by 1 gram but the Fit Me! is significantly cheap... *ahem* more "inexpensive". There is one shade darker in the M.A.C version but 355 is the darkest shade in the Maybelline. (I'm NC50). If you go through a lot of face powder it's worth a shot - LR"
Talk about a throwback!
I watched a dupe video on YouTube recently where this comparison was mentioned and it reminded me that I had the same thought a while ago. The finish on the skin is identical. Since this original post M.A.C has changed the packaging on their Mineralize line and Maybelline has rebranded/re categorised the Fit Me! range into: Dewy/Set + Smooth and Matte + Poreless.
M.A.C says: "A slow-baked powder with 77-Mineral Complex that provid…