Skip to main content

Stash Status: Milani Baked Powder Blushes

Since this post in July 2013 I'm still in love with these blushes. Over the years the stash has changed but what has remained constant is my appreciation for how great these blushes are and their affordable price. Milani's website states: "this silky blush with benefits can be used so many ways. It shapes, it contours, it highlights. Sunbaked on Italian terracotta tiles, it’s buildable from sheer to vibrant. Yes, it adds a cheeky pop of colour to your complexion. Radiance and warmth, too". These blushes are available in nine shades; I currently have four.

L - R: 05 'Luminoso', 07 'Fantastico Mauve', 09 'Red Vino' and 11 'Bella Rosa'

I hope it is visible in the swatch photo that 'Bella Rosa' is a matte blush. Milani added two matte offerings to line; this was especially great for people who have texture on their cheeks since shimmer tends to accentuate imperfections and pores. 

Probably the most popular of these blushes is 'Luminoso'. I've seen women of all skintones rave about this on YouTube. Heidi got me this on sale for sweet $5; usually $12 - $19.95. As I mentioned here, I love to pair it with a burnt orange blush shade since alone it's rather sheer on my complexion. 

As seen in iMart, Bridge Street


The more pigmented shades are very easy to blend and depending on which one you choose can double as a subtle highlighter. What's very impressive about these is how similar they are to M.A.C Mineralize Blushes...at a fraction of the price and the Milani ones contain .3 grams more product #winning.

Aren't they gorgeous!
Picture taken with my Nikon Coolpix S9900

I've had 'Corallina' and 'Berry Amore' in the past but sold them in The Marketplace because: 'Corallina' contained silver glitter that was a bit too much for me and 'Berry Amore' was a declutter casualty that I actually semi-regret. But I already have too many blushes right? :'(

What are your favourite shades in this range?

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Riley Good Genes versus Drunk Elephant T.L.C Framboos Glycolic Night Serum

If you're an avid YouTube watcher you've probably heard about these products. Both brands blew up on the skincare seen in short order as expensive, but effective. If you're like me you quickly began to wonder: which is better? Short answer: it depends.


Long answer...

I've mentioned Good Genes a few times before on the blog. This 'all-in-one lactic acid treatment' is raved about by the likes of Stephanie Nicole and Caroline Hirons.

From the box: "Deeply exfoliates the dull surface of the skin for clarity, radiance, and younger-looking skin. Visibly brightens the appearance of age spots and discolorations. Instantly plumps the look of fine lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes*

*Clinically tested and proven to significantly improve the appearance of lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes. Results obtained via profilometry analysis.

With Key Ingredients:

Purified Lactic Acid: One of the most hydrating Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs), Lactic Acid exfoliates the surface layers of t…

Top Ten Sephora VIB Sale Recommendations

It's that time again. I'm not sure of the dates as yet but one major thing has changed: Sephora no longer ships to commercial addresses 😡I discovered this recently after two of my orders were cancelled. Their customer service said it is something they were cracking down on since late July. Stupse. Sephora clearly ain't care about those of us who have to use mail forwarders. Soooooo yeah...less hauls for me in the future which I am annoyed about. More money for Beautylish den *insert Kanye shrug*

Regular readers have seen my wish list posts every time the sale is approaching. I love watching these types of videos on YouTube so I always want to throw my hat in the ring. There are a couple recommendation posts on this blog as well but this year I wanted to narrow it down to my top ten. Now, of course they're plenty favourites I'd like to mention but in efforts to make this concise...

please click all links provided for more information

Sunday Riley Good Genes


After con…