Skip to main content

Just One

Maybe it's the heavy YouTube marketing or maybe it's gluttony...or maybe it's both; but of late the trend in the beauty industry seems to be "you gotta catch them all". Even I have fallen prey to this. Getting numerous shades of one product in order to write an overview post for this blog. Then we wonder why we're always on the hunt for more storage :/ As I grew my blogger legs I got more leery of this trend though: on the one hand; with so many products something really has to impress me and on the other; luckily we now have The Marketplace where we can recoup some costs or swap for something we're really interested in.

This is kindda an anti Stash Status post. There won't be multiple shades in every lipstick range that you want right? Sometimes one is enough.

NYX Nude Matte Shadow 'Dance The Tides'

I'm not the biggest eyeshadow fan so this shouldn't come as a shocker but of the two crease/transition colours that Missy Lynn suggested from this range, 'Dance The Tides' stood out to me.


Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge for Lips and Cheeks 'Calypso Coral'

At the time I purchased this I just wanted something from Bobbi Brown. I had to have it. I dunno why I chose a cream blush...well, the colour caught me. Suffice to say I don't use it enough and I will not be purchasing any more cream blushes. But it's a gorgeous product though.



Destiny Godley raved about this on YouTube for years. The other popular one in the range was 'Mai Tai' but that has more of a pink undertone so I stuck with this burnt orange one.



No I'm not done with those liquid lipsticks comparison posts but lawwwwwwdd the stress that puts my puckers under! Suffice to say I've picked one colour from each (well, most) of the brands and I'm through.


La Femme Blush On Rouge 'Sienna'

Wha become of this company?  *a quick Google search revealed they are still alive and well* This is another blush product that was all the rage on YouTube years ago. I remember the same Destiny Godley and SocialiteSande had full videos on their collection of La Femme blushes. I once had 'Peach' as well but subsequently gave it to Heidi. While I always had my eye on 'Redwood' and 'Terracotta', I never expanded my collection.



My one and only YSL product; heavily influenced by Crystal. This product made me appreciate light, sheer formulas that still packed a punch in the pigment department. Due to the price I'm not trynna have a whole artillery though. 


If you're looking for the same properties in a lip product but don't want to shell out so many coppers try...

M.A.C Huggable LipColour 'Glamorized'

This one is fairly new to my collection but just from swatching it I can tell that the pigment is no joke. Sadly, I couldn't find many colours that I was in love with. My bank account is happy to hear that.


Milani Shadow Eyez 12 HR Wear Eyeshadow 'Cafe Au Lait'

These shadow sticks are a fan favourite of Emily's. Milani had previously release colourful ones that contained shimmer but these matte ones in varying skin tones really took the market by storm. Excellent products at a great price. Exact duplicates of the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Shadow Pencils. 'Almond Cream' is a very popular shade but I just stuck with this one since I already have M.A.C Paint Pots and other cream shadow bases that I should use up first.


Flori Roberts Moisturizing Lipstick 'Bloodstone'

How many lipstick can one girl need right? I'd say, at least one of each lol. Heidi and I wanted to support a fellow Beauty Retailer (Dionne 245-1331) so we copped a few Flori Roberts products from her. Check out our Instagram page - yuh gaww go back like 26 weeks - to see what else is available from the brand. Although 'Bloodstone' looks crazy dark in the tube it's a sheer formula which can be built up to a vampy red.

L - R: 'Hot To Trot', 'Saffron', 'Walnut', 'Jaguar', 'Teak' and 'Bloodstone'


What one offs are in your collection?

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Riley Good Genes versus Drunk Elephant T.L.C Framboos Glycolic Night Serum

If you're an avid YouTube watcher you've probably heard about these products. Both brands blew up on the skincare seen in short order as expensive, but effective. If you're like me you quickly began to wonder: which is better? Short answer: it depends.


Long answer...

I've mentioned Good Genes a few times before on the blog. This 'all-in-one lactic acid treatment' is raved about by the likes of Stephanie Nicole and Caroline Hirons.

From the box: "Deeply exfoliates the dull surface of the skin for clarity, radiance, and younger-looking skin. Visibly brightens the appearance of age spots and discolorations. Instantly plumps the look of fine lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes*

*Clinically tested and proven to significantly improve the appearance of lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes. Results obtained via profilometry analysis.

With Key Ingredients:

Purified Lactic Acid: One of the most hydrating Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs), Lactic Acid exfoliates the surface layers of t…

Mask Monday | Peter Thomas Roth Therapeutic Sulfur Mask

This is the first mask I've seen that advises users not to use "large areas of the skin".


From their site: "Medicated masque with 10% Sulfur, purifying Kaolin and Bentonite Clays dries, clears up and helps prevent acne. Designed to exfoliate the skin's surface with natural Sulfur at the maximum OTC level, absorb excess oil and help purify clogged pores. Soothes and calms the appearance of skin with Aloe Vera.

Benefits - 10% Sulfur - max OTC level clears up, treats and prevents acne and blackheads.

Kaolin & Bentonite Clay - a type of clay that helps to absorb excess oil.

Aloe Vera - helps calm and hydrate the appearance of skin.

Uses

• For the treatment and management of acne.

• Clears up active acne blemishes and blackheads.

• Helps to prevent new acne blemishes and blackheads.

Warnings

For external use only.

When using this product
Skin irritation and dryness is more likely to occur if you use another topical acne medication at the same time. If irritation occurs, on…