Skip to main content

Ordering from Sephora

When I went through that "prove your credit card is yours" process in order to shop on Beauty Bay I asked the guy how possible it was to add a US shipping address to my credit card information. He said it was easy and I could do it right away. Little did I know how handy that would come in shortly.

All beauty lovers know about Sephora. It's the Mothership. Usually I bundle my orders with Sharalee's or enlist T.E.A.M Imports but this toss I wanted to go through the process to experience it.

What a glorious sight!

Sephora, like Nars, doesn't ship to our neck of the woods; and just like Nars they don't even have the option of entering anything other than a US address for your billing information. I called their customer service department about this and the very nice lady seemed shocked that that wasn't even possible. But alas, there was nothing she could do.

Following up with Laparkan, the guy who took my query said there's no fee to get a US mail box; you just pay the handling fee per package. For full details check out their bimpak.com site.

I placed my order on August 27th. Y'all know I'm not new to Sephora shopping...yet somehow I still got a lil first-time-shopper-trigger-happy. It was shipped the next day and reached the mailbox September 2nd. From the paper work it looks like it got to Barbados on September 10th.

Order: Urban Decay Matte Revolution Lipstick 'Matte Bittersweet', Urban Decay Sheer Revolution Lipstick 'Sheer Rapture', Sephora Collection Ultimate oil-in-gel lipstick remover, Marc Jacobs Beauty The Face II Sculpting Foundation Brush, Kat Von D Ink Liner Trio and Dior Diorskin Nude Tan Healthy Glow Enhancing Powder Tye Dye Edition 'Coral Sunset'
Samples: Kate Spade New York Live Colorfully, Versace Eros, Smashbox Photo Finish More Than Primer Blemish Control and Boscia Makeup-Breakup Cool Cleansing Oil

All that cost $217.21USD - my card was charged $440.68BDS

The zinger!

Import Customs Duty: $119.60
Environmental Levy: $0
V.A.T: $91.98
Processing Fee - Declaration: $10

Insurance PMB: $2.04
Air Freight: $22.39
PMB Handling: $25

Total: $271.01

Order total: $711.69BDS

Soooo my Nars order cost more but incurred less customs duty :/

I know what you're thinking...I went H.A.M in August. Most of those things I had my eye on even before before April. The rest, well you know how it goes.

Dior Diorskin Nude Tan Healthy Glow Enhancing Powder Tye Dye Edition 'Coral Sunset' LE

I hope these three posts gave you a little more insight into this whole process. For sure, if you can get around these import duties I'd always suggest that.

One little silver lining: I was able to complete this order online and thereby earn some cash back via Ebates.

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Riley Good Genes versus Drunk Elephant T.L.C Framboos Glycolic Night Serum

If you're an avid YouTube watcher you've probably heard about these products. Both brands blew up on the skincare seen in short order as expensive, but effective. If you're like me you quickly began to wonder: which is better? Short answer: it depends.


Long answer...

I've mentioned Good Genes a few times before on the blog. This 'all-in-one lactic acid treatment' is raved about by the likes of Stephanie Nicole and Caroline Hirons.

From the box: "Deeply exfoliates the dull surface of the skin for clarity, radiance, and younger-looking skin. Visibly brightens the appearance of age spots and discolorations. Instantly plumps the look of fine lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes*

*Clinically tested and proven to significantly improve the appearance of lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes. Results obtained via profilometry analysis.

With Key Ingredients:

Purified Lactic Acid: One of the most hydrating Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs), Lactic Acid exfoliates the surface layers of t…

Mask Monday | Peter Thomas Roth Therapeutic Sulfur Mask

This is the first mask I've seen that advises users not to use "large areas of the skin".


From their site: "Medicated masque with 10% Sulfur, purifying Kaolin and Bentonite Clays dries, clears up and helps prevent acne. Designed to exfoliate the skin's surface with natural Sulfur at the maximum OTC level, absorb excess oil and help purify clogged pores. Soothes and calms the appearance of skin with Aloe Vera.

Benefits - 10% Sulfur - max OTC level clears up, treats and prevents acne and blackheads.

Kaolin & Bentonite Clay - a type of clay that helps to absorb excess oil.

Aloe Vera - helps calm and hydrate the appearance of skin.

Uses

• For the treatment and management of acne.

• Clears up active acne blemishes and blackheads.

• Helps to prevent new acne blemishes and blackheads.

Warnings

For external use only.

When using this product
Skin irritation and dryness is more likely to occur if you use another topical acne medication at the same time. If irritation occurs, on…